Proposal: Threeway trade: Anaheim - Toronto - Winnipeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Anaheim:
James Van Riemsdyk

Toronto:
Jacob Trouba

Winnipeg:
Cam Fowler
2nd round pick (TOR)

I tried this prior to Toronto signing Enroth. Rough recollection this was the deal...

ANA:
JVR
Kapanen

TOR:
Trouba
Pavelec

WPG
Fowler
Dermott
Holland
Pick...I honestly forget which, it was 2-4th round pick range

WPG wouldn't go for it.

ANA fans were for it

TOR fans hated me for it

There is a case to make for TOR paying a bit more in the transaction though.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Zero interest in Fowler from Jets, easy pass

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
I tried this prior to Toronto signing Enroth. Rough recollection this was the deal...

ANA:
JVR
Kapanen

TOR:
Trouba
Pavelec

WPG
Fowler
Dermott
Holland

WPG wouldn't go for it.

ANA fans were for it

TOR fans hated me for it

Kapanen, JVR, Dermont and Holland for Trouba and a bad goalie? No thanks.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

ANA:
JVR
Kapanen

TOR:
Trouba
Pavelec

WPG
Fowler
Dermott
Holland

WPG wouldn't go for it.

ANA fans were for it

TOR fans hated me for it

If Trouba was to want out and we signed him to a bridge to enable a possible trade, this is a nice base for a deal. The other option would be with Boston instead of Toronto and Carlo instead of the bits and pieces from Toronto, and with Spooner + prospects coming to Anaheim. I'll try to give you a counter offer...

ANA: JVR, Kapanen, WPG 3rd

WPG: Fowler, ANA 1st, Dermott, Hunwick

TOR: Trouba, Stoner, Pettersson

Stoner has to go to Toronto, or else Anaheim won't save enough cap. Pavelec and Holland don't do much for their "new teams", so they can be left out of this. The original deal was favouring Anaheim by a long mile, so they give up two additional assets to balance it out (and to pay for unloading Stoner). A 3rd is there to get a pick back, about 50 spots after the 1st they give up is projected to be. Winnipeg gets a first and Dermott, which helps out tremendously with re-stocking their defensive prospect pool. Hunwick is there to take some salary off Toronto's hands, although he's not necessarily a cap dump.

Winnipeg - Trouba, 3rd <-> Fowler, 1st, Dermott, Hunwick
Anaheim: Fowler, 1st, Pettersson, Stoner <-> JVR, Kapanen, 3rd
Toronto: JVR, Dermott, Hunwick, Kapanen <-> Trouba, Stoner, Pettersson

Anaheim gets forward help and about 2-3 million of cap relief, while retaining the defensive prospect to endure the loss of Fowler. They also reduce their expansion problems, and opens up the crucial cap room to get their Swedes signed. The cost is steep, but worth it.

Winnipeg loses the best player from the position of need, but partially replaces him for two years (at least), and gains good futures in the process. They take on a bit of cap, but nothing too major.

Toronto gets the RHD they need without shipping out Gardiner, but gives a lot of offense to do so. Also, they add a couple of millions of cap. Their defense is set, but the offense becomes a question mark for now.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If Trouba was to want out and we signed him to a bridge to enable a possible trade, this is a nice base for a deal. The other option would be with Boston instead of Toronto and Carlo instead of the bits and pieces from Toronto, and with Spooner + prospects coming to Anaheim. I'll try to give you a counter offer...

Stoner has to go to Toronto, or else Anaheim won't save enough cap. Pavelec and Holland don't do much for their "new teams", so they can be left out of this. The original deal was favouring Anaheim by a long mile, so they give up two additional assets to balance it out (and to pay for unloading Stoner). A 3rd is there to get a pick back, about 50 spots after the 1st they give up is projected to be. Winnipeg gets a first and Dermott, which helps out tremendously with re-stocking their defensive prospect pool. Hunwick is there to take some salary off Toronto's hands, although he's not necessarily a cap dump.

Anaheim gets forward help and about 2-3 million of cap relief, while retaining the defensive prospect to endure the loss of Fowler. They also reduce their expansion problems, and opens up the crucial cap room to get their Swedes signed. The cost is steep, but worth it.

Winnipeg loses the best player from the position of need, but partially replaces him for two years (at least), and gains good futures in the process. They take on a bit of cap, but nothing too major.

Toronto gets the RHD they need without shipping out Gardiner, but gives a lot of offense to do so. Also, they add a couple of millions of cap. Their defense is set, but the offense becomes a question mark for now.

I'd have to think about this a bit.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I wouldn't feel comfortable adding BOTH Kapanen and Dermott to JVR AND take a dump back.
I know prospects are risky but that could end up looking like a top line winger + top 6 winger + top 4 defenseman.
No thanks.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto

I like this for Toronto. They would have to use a lot of the LTIR exemption though.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I like this for Toronto. They would have to use a lot of the LTIR exemption though.

This is how I see the money playing out

Cowen out = Stoner

JVR + Hunwick = Trouba

Still mentally debating if I want to do this deal, that is a lot of assets to give up.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

WInnipeg gets Fowler, a 1st, one of the leafs better prospects, and a bottom pairing vet dman for Trouba?

lemme guess, Jets fan?

leafs arent giving up JVR, Kapanen, Dermott AND taking on a cap dump to get Trouba. thats just awful

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
how do both get ripped off?

is trouba>>> fowler + early 2nd?

and Fowler >>>JVR?

No interest in Fowler.....period. Putting lipstick on the deal doesn't make it any better. Pass

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
WInnipeg gets Fowler, a 1st, one of the leafs better prospects, and a bottom pairing vet dman for Trouba?

lemme guess, Jets fan?

leafs arent giving up JVR, Kapanen, Dermott AND taking on a cap dump to get Trouba. thats just awful

Well said!
Definite pass from the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad