Proposal: Three Rangers trade proposals (MIN/CHI/STL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Filip Chytil+Libor Hajek for Jordan Greenway and Victor Rask

Vitaly Kravtsov straight up or Jones/Robertson/Reunanen+Gauthier+conditional 2nd that becomes a 1st if NYR make the playoffs for Brandon Hagel

Alexander Georgiev for Charlie Lindgren+3rd

Last edited:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Kravstov for Greenway makes sense as an outsider.

Greenway a physical north south guy who can play anywhere in the mid 6 for a highly talented prospect who’s on the outs in NY. Minnesota swings on the potential and NY gets more size and physicality.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Greenway a physical north south guy who can play anywhere in the mid 6 for a highly talented prospect who’s on the outs in NY. Minnesota swings on the potential and NY gets more size and physicality.
I would do that as well

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Why? Surely there are teams with greater need who would offer more for Georgiev...

Would rather keep the 3rd and see how Husso looks this season.

Reactions: 67Blues

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Why? Surely there are teams with greater need who would offer more for Georgiev...

Would rather keep the 3rd and see how Husso looks this season.
Charlie is Ryan’s brother, and the locker room along with myself+the majority of Rangers fans dislike Georgiev. He’s inconsistent but can steal games, could be a nice pickup for the Blues if Binngton goes down/slumps. That’s fair though if you don’t have interest

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Vitaly Kravtsov straight up or Jones/Robertson/Reunanen+Gauthier+conditional 2nd that becomes a 1st if NYR make the playoffs for Brandon Hagel

I would love to know what the thought process was to come to the conclusion that Hagel is worth a top prospect plus a conditional 2nd/1st round pick.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Like, as a Blues fan, I wouldn't hate that trade, but, I'd question it heavily. Plus we don't have the CapSpace for it.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111

No cap space for the Blues and that is a lot of salary to bury in Springfield and he'd have to pass through waivers to get there where he would get claimed by someone who needs a goalie. So basically it would be giving the Rangers a 3rd for nothing? Husso looked good in his only start (shutout) and he is an inexpensive backup. If Binnington goes bad, the Blues are in a world of hurt with his new contract, but I just don't see that happening.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
these make little sense today
a few months back, NYR wanting more grit, and before Quinn fired, rejoin Greenway w his college coach, maybe

but since adding Goodrow, Blais, Reeves, Hunt, NYR should not be moving skill for sandpaper

Chytil has higher upside than Greenway or Rask
Lindgren is not in anyway better backup than Kinkaid, and don't let being 55's brother influence decisions
Hagel is a nice player, but more of what NYR already have
Certainly not worth it, to NYR, for Krav, or Robertson or Jones and plus

1-for-1 for Gauthier or Reunanen, are not unreasonable, if CBH need to balance roster, or accommodate a change of scenery

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

no x 3
either prefer the ranger pieces and/or want picks and not cap space eating bodies as a general rule here

No on the bold. The italic is not completely erroneous, but Krav potential, including as a C, outweighs Greenway w/out add.

First order of biz for NYR should be selling high on Strome, create space for and play Krav, up his game, showcase, then sell high.
Undersell/giveaway is not an option.

these make little sense today
a few months back, NYR wanting more grit, and before Quinn fired, rejoin Greenway w his college coach, maybe

but since adding Goodrow, Blais, Reeves, Hunt, NYR should not be moving skill for sandpaper

Chytil has higher upside than Greenway or Rask
Lindgren is not in anyway better backup than Kinkaid, and don't let being 55's brother influence decisions
Hagel is a nice player, but more of what NYR already have
Certainly not worth it, to NYR, for Krav, or Robertson or Jones and plus

1-for-1 for Gauthier or Reunanen, are not unreasonable, if CBH need to balance roster, or accommodate a change of scenery
Every word 111% except I'm keeping Gauthier
I want him on a line as RW w/LaF LW and Chytil at C

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Wtf. I don't see any Blues trade here?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
As a Hawk fan ,, No thanks

Hagel is one of the few players we can depend on to give 100% effort every shift and is very young and still developing so there is plenty of untapped potential in kid

Reactions: Pertti

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
What did the Wild fans think of Chytil for Greenway. Forget the rest and focus on that swap?

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012

Blues don’t have the cap and we’re trying to develop Husso.
Just move Georgiev to a Buffalo or someone looking for more long term goaltending competition

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I wouldn't mind upgrading from Georgiev, but Lindgren isn't that. For that matter if Lindgren's last name wasn't Lindgren, he likely isn't even a consideration.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
The simple fact that Husso goes on Covid protocol list and the Blues call up Joel Hofer as backup to Binnington speaks volumes on their thoughts about Lindgren. You could probably have Lindgren for a 6th rounder as the Blues could move Ellis up to Springfield to share duties with Hofer. Lindgren is purely an insurance policy in case Husso crashes and burns this season as a backup since he has some NHL experience.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
What did the Wild fans think of Chytil for Greenway. Forget the rest and focus on that swap?

As a Rangers fan, Rangers should not move Chytil unless Strome is resigned. Rangers center depth as an organization is not strong right now. Their center prospects are not even in the AHL right now outside of Morgan Barron and maybe Justin Richards who is part of their future. Their pro center depth is not that great either. I’d do Kravtsov for Greenway though.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
As a Rangers fan, Rangers should not move Chytil unless Strome is resigned. Rangers center depth as an organization is not strong right now. Their center prospects are not even in the AHL right now outside of Morgan Barron and maybe Justin Richards who is part of their future. Their pro center depth is not that great either. I’d do Kravtsov for Greenway though.
That’s a backwards move for the Wild. Greenway is a player today. Kravtsov may just be a bust or maybe he won’t be but he’s not ready to contribute. The Wild are trying to be good this season. This trade doesn’t work for their organization. Amd it’s also probably an overpay for Kravtsov. Rangers would need to add to match value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad