OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Storm surge

But we've had a ton of rain here. I think I saw Tampa hit a record rainfall for the year already like a month ago.

I'm not in Tampa, but it's not too far from me.
Isn’t storm surge a bit more dangerous because of the saltwater? I’m relieved you emerged unscathed. It looked scary on tv.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Isn’t storm surge a bit more dangerous because of the saltwater? I’m relieved you emerged unscathed. It looked scary on tv.
The neighborhood where my friends are is right on the bay and just a quarter mile from the gulf. They’ve done all kinds of stuff to their place to be able to absorb these storms, because there’s sometimes two of them every year it seems. At least once per year. They just had the one in August when I was out of town on vacation.

Reactions: My3Sons

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
A fried of mine JUST bought a condo in siesta key. Super close to the beach (like 30 seconds walking). Pretty much gutted.

Lucky for them they'll get to basically renovate the entire thing with insurance money. But I do remember talking to him like a month ago.... he said "yea we had water one time, but that never happens". I didn't want to get into climate change.... just let him figure it out. Obviously he's got the money to deal.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
A fried of mine JUST bought a condo in siesta key. Super close to the beach (like 30 seconds walking). Pretty much gutted.

Lucky for them they'll get to basically renovate the entire thing with insurance money. But I do remember talking to him like a month ago.... he said "yea we had water one time, but that never happens". I didn't want to get into climate change.... just let him figure it out. Obviously he's got the money to deal.
It’s part of thr deal close to the water down here. You can flood if you are too close to an inland waterway

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
survivor.

no, not eye of the tiger but classic 80s.... classic cheese

I can’t even recall “is this love” by them, and immediately was thinking “Wait a minute! How have I went almost 40 years thinking that was Whitesnake?” Until I realized it was a completely different song, and the one I know (the more famous song) is Whitesnake.

I’m sure I’ve heard the Survivor version and would know it if I heard it, but I didn’t click on it. :laugh:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Meanwhile me who has never had a claim will have his rates raised to compensate for the insurance companies having to pay for all these natural disasters...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad