Value of: These four tenders (Bussi, Annunen, Tarasov, Knight)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Are any of these guys available and if so what is a realistic ask?

For simplicity, maybe just keep the return general (e.g. 2nd round pick, young bottom six forward, middle pairing D, etc.)

Justus Annunen (AVS)
Daniil Tarasov (CBJ)
Spencer Knight (FLA)
Ales Stezka (SEA)
Brandon Bussi (BOS)

Edit: removed Stezka as he's UFA (and I f***ed up his team originally, derp).

Last edited:

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Tarasov is not available.
Bussi might be available but it's hard to say.
Annunen might be (?) if Georgiev is replaced with a legit starter.
Knight, it's really hard to say IMO.

Stezka is a 27 year old UFA that was with Seattle, not Minnesota.
Looking into it, Minnesota drafted him but never signed him.

Reactions: dumbdick

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Tarasov is not available.
Bussi might be available but it's hard to say.
Annunen might be (?) if Georgiev is replaced with a legit starter.
Knight, it's really hard to say IMO.

Stezka is a 27 year old UFA that was with Seattle, not Minnesota.
Looking into it, Minnesota drafted him but never signed him.
Thanks. I updated the OP on Stezka.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Bussi will likely be the backup to Swayman unless we keep Ullmark for some reason.

By the odd chance we do keep Ullmark then all of a sudden we'd have to trade him or he'd have to clear waivers and I assume we'd do what we did with Vladar however many years ago where we traded him for a 3rd round draft pick.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Bussi will likely be the backup to Swayman unless we keep Ullmark for some reason.

By the odd chance we do keep Ullmark then all of a sudden we'd have to trade him or he'd have to clear waivers and I assume we'd do what we did with Vladar however many years ago where we traded him for a 3rd round draft pick.
Why move Bussi if Ullmark only has one year left? If he’s the future 1B/Backup, run with 3 this season and at the very least let Bussi get a conditioning stint (if he’s just collecting dust) in Providence to get some playing time.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Why move Bussi if Ullmark only has one year left? If he’s the future 1B/Backup, run with 3 this season and at the very least let Bussi get a conditioning stint (if he’s just collecting dust) in Providence to get some playing time.

Yeah it’s very unlikely that Ullmark is still around and I think three goalies would have to be on the table of disaster strikes. They really like Bussi, I mean they were looking to move Ullmark last draft, too.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Annunen is probably not “available” in the sense that there is any reason to shop him. He’s dirt cheap for the next two years and showed enough last year especially at the end to move forward as a near-minimum cap backup with potentially some upside.

Even if the Avs grab another goalie, I still think it’s far more likely they offload George for a pick than keep two goalies making a decent amount of coin on a team that likely needs to pinch pennies around the edges.

Judging by the Blue Jackets actions, Tarasov seems like the starter there or at least will get more rope to show it. I doubt they’d be interested in dealing him.

Reactions: lanceuppercut75

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Yeah it’s very unlikely that Ullmark is still around and I think three goalies would have to be on the table of disaster strikes. They really like Bussi, I mean they were looking to move Ullmark last draft, too.
This would be the year to move Ullmark based on his contract expiring next July. I could see a team with multiple 1st making a move for him based on how insane his 22-23 season was and the fact he was still really good this past year.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
add Jet Greaves, clb
Can't imagine CBJ wanting to trade a 23 yo goalie playing as well as he has in the playoffs when the only goalies in front of him are an older goalie who being talked about for a buyout and an oft injured unproven kid behind him.

The Jackets don't have the current goalie depth to be moving anyone.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
This would be the year to move Ullmark based on his contract expiring next July. I could see a team with multiple 1st making a move for him based on how insane his 22-23 season was and the fact he was still really good this past year.

Most people in Boston agree. In fact, I'd be borderline enraged if he's still on this roster come opening night. We need the cap space to improve desperately.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
He's definitely not available.

I think there's a chance they run a Greaves - Tarasov pairing next year.
The 25/26 season 100% yes. I think a Merzlikins trade probably brings a goalie on a 1 year contract back. Just a hunch. Better to give Greaves a lot of AHL starts this season before he becomes waiver eligible anyways, IMO. If Tarasov got hot, he would be riding the bench in the NHL.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The 25/26 season 100% yes. I think a Merzlikins trade probably brings a goalie on a 1 year contract back. Just a hunch. Better to give Greaves a lot of AHL starts this season before he becomes waiver eligible anyways, IMO. If Tarasov got hot, he would be riding the bench in the NHL.

Yeah I could see that but more to the point of this thread, they'll sooner run three goalies next year (Tarasov, Greaves, and a vet) then ship out one of the younger goalies.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Yeah I could see that but more to the point of this thread, they'll sooner run three goalies next year (Tarasov, Greaves, and a vet) then ship out one of the younger goalies.
They WOULD sooner do that yes. But they wouldn't have to, as Greaves is waiver exempt right now. Merzlikins would be traded or even maybe waived in any hypothetical scenario where Greaves is waiver eligible and all 3 goalies are still in Columbus and they need to lose one.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Whenever I see Bussi’s name, it makes me think of Dixon Dallas…

IYKYK
1718108281853.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad