Therrien - New Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Eichle close to 21 minutes in his 1st NHL game and the buffoon is still playing Galchenyuk 14 minutes on night in his 4th season. Yes, I realize Eichle is a bigger talent but it is still ridiculous when you look at where the ice-time goes on the Habs roster.

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
Eichle close to 21 minutes in his 1st NHL game and the buffoon is still playing Galchenyuk 14 minutes on night in his 4th season. Yes, I realize Eichle is a bigger talent but it is still ridiculous when you look at where the ice-time goes on the Habs roster.

What are you talking about, Galchenyuk ice-time always went up for the last 3 years, last year his average ice-time was 16:26.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
People don't seem to understand that we dominated the Bolts but lost because of lack of offensive talent, it seems like a hard concept to grasp. Habs were 4% on the PP and the Bolts we're flying in the PP with Stamkos, Johnson, Kucherov.

Is it because of Therrien that Gallagher, Eller, Plek and others had many scoring opportunities but couldn't put the puck in the net?

Is it because of Therrien if the Habs had 12 goal posts?

Top 3 centers for Tampa: Stamkos-Johnson-Fillpula

Top 3 centers for Montreal: DD-Plek-Eller

Seems like a tough concept to grasp among Habs fans.

Habs 4% on the PP was obviously not due to lack of talent.

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
I'm not talking about last year, I'm talking about this year. Wake up.

hahahahah thiiiiiis year

yes this year with one game played

Habs fans are too much.

Not only you said Galch played 14 minutes but you also said Eichel played 21 minutes.

Listen to this fact: there's no forward in the entire league that averaged more than 21 minutes in ice-time.

If you want to verify this, you can google "nhl average ice time per game"

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
hahahahah thiiiiiis year

Habs fans are too much.

Not only you said Galch played 14 minutes but you also said Eichel played 21 minutes.

Listen to this fact: there's no forward in the entire league that averaged more than 21 minutes in ice-time.

Actually he played 21.58

I said he played close to 21 minutes. Open your eyes at check the box score.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
hahahahah thiiiiiis year

Habs fans are too much.

Pedantic arguments undermine you.

The point is Galchenyuk gets too little ice time, and that tons of forwards average far more ice time than him.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's great we won. I'd just like to see us play better hockey. Playing better hockey means we'll have a better shot at the cup. You can play like crap and beat half the teams in the league. But if you play like crap against Chicago they will kill you most of the time. And we're going to have to beat the Chicagos of the world if we want a championship.

People want a cup here. We have a roster that's good enough to win it. We shouldn't be life or death to beat a team like the Leafs but that's what's been going on for two years now.

I'm with you on that.....stronger possession numbers would certainly increase our chances at winning. The system certainly isn't perfect but some of that falls on the players too. Habs tend to do weak vs bad teams though...remember last year vs Edmonton, Arizona and Buffalo...I think we lost all of them!...but man we could beat St-Louis, L.A...all the cup favourites..hockey is weird sometimes.

Our third line led by the great DD is a weak link on this team, offensively he's okay but he kills us on the defensive side. I'd rather see Eller there and a big strong offensive left winger beside Chucky...not gonna happen though....and a little more grit on that 4th line would also be nice.

Hudon, McCarron and Scherbak will be welcomed on this offensively challenged team, hopefully sooner than later.....

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
People don't seem to understand that we dominated the Bolts but lost because of lack of offensive talent, it seems like a hard concept to grasp. Habs were 4% on the PP and the Bolts we're flying in the PP with Stamkos, Johnson, Kucherov.

Is it because of Therrien that Gallagher, Eller, Plek and others had many scoring opportunities but couldn't put the puck in the net?

Top 3 centers for Montreal: DD-Plek-Eller

Seems like a tough concept to grasp among Habs fans.

How can a team who's seriously less talented dominate their opponents over 6 games in a row?? This makes no sense. One game? okay. Two games?..alright. But dominate 3 or 4 out of 6??..Maybe it's time for you to realize this is a team that is talented after all.

As for the PP...There is zero reasons why Patches, PK, Markov, Galch, Plek cannot make a PP work. None.

So, we lack talent but we dominate arguably the best team in the East.
Very contradictory.

I do agree with you though. We weren't outplayed by TB. Domination is a big word, but it was definitely a pretty even series. Why? Well, because we're actually a good team.

I seriously have no idea what any of this has to do with DD-Weise-Floosh being the most used ES players in the first game of the season though.

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
How can a team who's seriously less talented dominate their opponents over 6 games in a row??

Ok listen, here's two facts, if you don't agree with both, I can't continue this discussion:

-the Habs dominated the Bolts the first 5 games

-the Habs are less talented offensively than the Bolts

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
I mean this is ridiculous, and no one has yet to answer these 2 questions:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I mean this is ridiculous, and no one has yet to answer these 2 questions:

You're doing bad science, literally.

Hockey is a complex game. It' made up of many components. What you're doing is zero-ing on the subset of hockey where the Habs were extremely lucky, to categorise the entirety of the series. You're taking a biased subsample of the series as a whole to prove a point about the series a whole, rather than analyzing the games in a holistic manner.

There were parts where the Habs were lucky, and parts where they were unlucky. As a whole, they were soundly defeated by the Lightning.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Hudon, McCarron and Scherbak will be welcomed on this offensively challenged team, hopefully sooner than later.....

Pacioretty
Plekanec
Gallagher
Galchenyuk
Eller
Semin
Desharnais
Fleishmann
Weise

who are the 3 weakest offensive players in your mind?

Weise, Eller, Fleishmann...?

expecting Mac, Hudon, Scherbak to be better offensively than those 3 anytime soon is pretty lofty expectations. Quite possible that none of the three ever become as good offensively as Flash is/has been.

The problem with our offensively challenged team is not the quality of offensive talent, its their usage and deployment.

Nynja*

Ok listen, here's two facts, if you don't agree with both, I can't continue this discussion:

the Habs dominated the Bolts the first 5 games

-the Habs are less talented offensively than the Bolts

You're not even discussing anything, you're just repeating the same garbage that isnt even true (red part). You dont "dominate" 3 games and wind up losing said 3 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nynja*

Filppula...Valteri "48 points" Filppula. He's better than our centers? LOLOLOL Is this a joke? This sounds like a joke. He's basically Tampa's Davey: riding shotgun to a top 5 5v5 scorer of the past 5 yrs. The only difference is he doesnt disappear in the playoffs.

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
Not any hockey sources other than local slant that would agree with this.
They would laugh.

I'm sorry?

Jon Cooper after game #3: "We got outplayed for the last 53 minutes of the game"

Both Cooper and Stamkos said that it could've been 0-3 in the series instead of 3-0

I love this board I swear.

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
the same garbage that isnt even true (red part). You dont "dominate" 3 games and wind up losing said 3 games.

Jon Cooper after game #3: "We got outplayed for the last 53 minutes of the game"

Both Cooper and Stamkos said that it could've been 0-3 in the series instead of 3-0

I Looooooooooove this

Nynja*

Media pandering to not rile up the other team. Whats he supposed to say? "Yeah, we got em down 3-0, were ready for the ECF, this series has been a joke"?

cmon man, if he said that, that quoted would be plastered in the habs locker room and be used as fuel to motivate the team further.

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
After 5 games in the series the shots were 173 to 127 in favor for the Habs, and on top of that the Habs had 10 goal posts.

Hello?

Helloooooooo

It's been 6 months and counting buddy, time to wake up.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
After 5 games in the series the shots were 173 to 127 in favor for the Habs, and on top of that the Habs had 10 goal posts.

Hello?

Helloooooooo

WTF...
people get so tied to meaningless stats and its getting worse all the time.
Breakdown the video evidence before shoving a piece of paper under people's noses.
come back with a true ratio of meaningful shots and perhaps some will listen.
we lost to the bolts because we could not break their box while they could ours.
plane as day, in black and white, for all to see.
When the term boxed out means anything to you let me know.
Yet I keep hearing how we dominated the Bolts

Nynja*

Hello?

Helloooooooo

And after 3 games the series was 3-0 for tampa..."da record"

You keep crying about goal posts. You sound like a Bruins fan back in 2014. "wahh, we had you beat, but we kept hitting posts, we hit so many posts, omg we have you beat, youre so lucky, POSTS POSTS POSTS"

You are embarrassing our fan base. Stop crying about posts like thats the reason we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad