Half-Assed GDT: There's a game tonight

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitrix

Mar 25, 2019
While this is just no way a good loss, really hard not to be emotional with this team. 3-5-2 in the last ten after such an amazing start.

82 games is a long time, but something in the formula needs to change.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Be a man and take responsibility for crapping the bed.

I did, I said that eventually we'll get our heads out of our asses and start playing to our abilities again. That implies that we played bad.

At the same time, however, the Yotes played excellently. Wedgewood made the saves that he had to and their forwards showed up.

To any Yotes fans reading this board, excellent work! :heart:

Glad we could help you out a little bit. :laugh:

Reactions: Fitrix

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If we don’t absolutely dominate the Sharks on Thursday then Berube’s seat should be hot. This has to be a wake up call. If it’s not then the team is checked out. And that’s on the coach.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I did, I said that eventually we'll get our heads out of our asses and start playing to our abilities again. That implies that we played bad.

At the same time, however, the Yotes played excellently. Wedgewood made the saves that he had to and their forwards showed up.

They're basically an ahl team. Sure they played good for them, but if we weren't awful it wouldn't have mattered.

President Skroob

Dec 21, 2019

Average play beats the yotes at their best 10/10 times.

That’s for any yotes fans reading this, too.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
this losing streak started when they quit playing while up 2-0 vs trashville. i dont think they'd had a lead since.

either way it starts from the net out for me and the goaltending isnt good enough right now. not impressed with binner lately outside of his winnipeg game.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Covid hit us hard. They’ll pick it up
That was a minor contributor. But they would have lost tonight, anyway, even if no one tired easily, or their timing was off. The team just went through the motions because they were playing an abominably bad team, and thought they would win it, no matter what. But in The NHL, you can't do that and beat even the worst teams.
Just like the bogus tripping call cost them a goal and they lost by one goal, I hope losing this game that they should have won, no matter what would happen, won't cause them to finish one point short of a much better playoff seeding (like giving away home ice advantage in The Western Finals, or The Cup Finals). With the Blues' usual luck, that WILL happen. :mad:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I have a sinking feeling the Blues are about to score three goals and win no matter how much they don't deserve it.
I'd rather have had THAT sinking feeling, than the one I have from losing the 2 easiest potential points for probably the rest of this season, just due to laziness and lack of determination. A determined team (one that wants to win more) almost always does better than a less determined team with better talent.

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Game Summary:

on fire.gif

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
this losing streak started when they quit playing while up 2-0 vs trashville. i dont think they'd had a lead since.

either way it starts from the net out for me and the goaltending isnt good enough right now. not impressed with binner lately outside of his winnipeg game.
ditto

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Berube needs to public rip them, including his goaltender. Robert Thomas is another jokester who was awful tonight. When he wasn't passing up shots for no reason, he was coughing up turnovers for freebies for the Yotes

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
This team has lots of talent but lacks an identity. We have lost our cycle game but haven't fully committed to playing anything else. We don't consistently look to attack in transition, although that seems to be what we do best. We aren't really heavy defensive team and our forwards don't seem fully committed to playing lockdown defense. Not saying this is all Berube's fault, but it's ultimately his responsibility. And if he can't fix it soon, it's gonna be somebody else's responsibility. Hitch, Ott, Monty, I don't know who, but we ain't lacking for internal options.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Berube needs to public rip them, including his goaltender. Robert Thomas is another jokester who was awful tonight. When he wasn't passing up shots for no reason, he was coughing up turnovers for freebies for the Yotes
Thomas is probably most talented guy on team and certainly the most maddening. How many times is he going to watch his guy score?

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
I'd rather have had THAT sinking feeling, than the one I have from losing the 2 easiest potential points for probably the rest of this season, just due to laziness and lack of determination. A determined team (one that wants to win more) almost always does better than a less determined team with better talent.
if i could like this more than once ...... i would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad