The Visitor's Guide to Boston

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
So i've been to Boston more times then i can count etc etc, but never really got a hotel there. I'm going to a concer (avicii) at the gahden june 15th. I'm goin with a group of people (around 6-10). Whats a good hotel by the garden to stay at, with a group of people, that isnt a pocket burner. We'd probably get a couple rooms.

Edit: I only live ~ hour 45 mins from beantown so i never need to stay in the city for games, and if i go up i always stay at my girlfriends apartment. She's subletting it for the summer, so need to find a hotel for that night.

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
So i've been to Boston more times then i can count etc etc, but never really got a hotel there. I'm going to a concer (avicii) at the gahden june 15th. I'm goin with a group of people (around 6-10). Whats a good hotel by the garden to stay at, with a group of people, that isnt a pocket burner. We'd probably get a couple rooms.

Edit: I only live ~ hour 45 mins from beantown so i never need to stay in the city for games, and if i go up i always stay at my girlfriends apartment. She's subletting it for the summer, so need to find a hotel for that night.

There really isn't a cheap hotel very close to the Garden. You are looking anywhere from 220-350 a night. The $220 option is for a crappy hotel (Holiday Inn), and the $350 end is for the Onyx hotel which is pretty nice (there are others but I just used those two as examples).

There are other places within the city where you would have to walk or take public transportation but it may be worth it in terms of how much money you would save.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
So, I am visiting Boston this weekend (Memorial Day) ... haven't been up there in a few years. Love the city and can't wait to explore it again. Any suggestions on some great bars/pubs in the north end? Also, any new unique places to eat?

Thanks!

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Hands down my favorite venue to see a show. Ever.

I can see why. Had a blast, although I wish I had been slightly more daring and posted up in front of one of the pillars closer to the stage (I got there early enough) because the crowd was entirely cool and not slamming into another. It was packed to capacity though. Nothing better than seeing a great band in that kind of venue. Thanks to Shoebottom for your advice, but I just took the T in from Quincy Adams and had no problem getting back in time. Anyway, I'd recommend it to anyone.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
I think the aquarium is actually pretty good. From what I remember the prices are absurd, but I always got in for a couple bucks with a local library pass. It's a good way to kill an hour or so I think, especially if you're toting around kids.

Does the duck tour take you to the aquarium or is that separate?

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
The aquarium is about a 5 minute walk from where you pick up the duck tour. They are separate.

Thanks shoe, anyways done some more research and it looks like we can access Quincy market and Harvard grounds from the tours so it's all good

On a side note anyone ever went to Rino's restaurant on the East side of town? Worth it? Being Italian and seeing it on TV it looks really good. Fresh home made pasta, nothing better

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Thanks shoe, anyways done some more research and it looks like we can access Quincy market and Harvard grounds from the tours so it's all good

On a side note anyone ever went to Rino's restaurant on the East side of town? Worth it? Being Italian and seeing it on TV it looks really good. Fresh home made pasta, nothing better

Im guessing you watched the Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri?

Rino's is very good, but if you go Thurs-Sat you will have a wait. The earlier you get there, the better.

There isn't a ton of parking near there and its a bit of a walk from the nearest T stop. However, the food is very very good, the portions are large, and its relatively cheap compared to most places you will find in the North End.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Im guessing you watched the Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri?

Rino's is very good, but if you go Thurs-Sat you will have a wait. The earlier you get there, the better.

There isn't a ton of parking near there and its a bit of a walk from the nearest T stop. However, the food is very very good, the portions are large, and its relatively cheap compared to most places you will find in the North End.

Ya actually we did, both me and the wife are like why didn't we see Rino's when we went up there before:laugh:

Thanks for all your help Shoe, I might have more questions cause with the kids now we have to change certain things compared to before:laugh:

And thanks for the restaurant tip but we are coming in on a Monday and leave either on Thursday or Friday 2nd week of July so should be a problem for getting in:nod:

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Thanks for all the info guys, had a great time with the family last week, stayed at the Wyndham in Chelsea, great location BTW, close to everything and even did the outlets in Wrentham in like 30 minutes

Rino's was jammed pack all 3 nights, Shoe you weren't joking:laugh:. Was even lucky enough to find parking on those nights but the wait was 2 hours and with hungry kids it wasn't going to happen

Tried Trattoria Il Panino on Parmenter in the North End, was absolutely fantastic. That Pasta was awesome and being Italian and all we are very picky. Those guys got it right, besides the lady at the front I guess one of the owners who seemed and had that pissed at the world face, the rest of the staff was great

Duck tour was fun, combined it with the Aquarium and did it for the kids, cause 120$ for both wasn't really worth it, especially the aquarium, very expensive

Was a great trip, can't wait to get back there

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Leafs fan and Torontonian here, Just came back from Boston and the surrounding area, I just wanted to let you guys know what a beautiful and interesting city you have.

One of my favorite visits to the USA, people are very nice, food is great, lots of history. Saw Whales. Hope to be back again.

Cheers folks!

cyerxan16

Oct 11, 2010
Saco, Maine
Anyone know any way of getting Bruins players to sign some stuff? I go to boston all the time and at least one game a year and used to go to the wives carnival but I don't think they do that any more.

member 96824

Staying at the W Labor Day weekend from thursday to monday. Can't wait.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
One thing I noticed while in Boston, Dunkin Donuts everywhere you go.

Good to see the TD (The Toronto Dominion Bank) sign a lot too.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Hello all,

My buddy's getting married this weekend and will be honeymooning in Beantown.

Where should he go for amazing seafood?

Thanks!

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Hello all,

My buddy's getting married this weekend and will be honeymooning in Beantown.

Where should he go for amazing seafood?

Thanks!

Island Creek Oyster Bar, Neptune Oyster, Atlantic Fish Co., and any Legal Sea Foods are all solid options.

Last edited:

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Question for any one with an answer?
I'm heading to Boston this weekend and was wondering how close to the arena and good bars are. I'm staying at the omni?!?

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Question for any one with an answer?
I'm heading to Boston this weekend and was wondering how close to the arena and good bars are. I'm staying at the omni?!?

My bad, I got the Onyx confused with the Omni.

The posters below have the correct info.

Last edited:

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
The Omni Parker House is on Tremont Street, a seven to ten minute walk to Boston Garden.
You'll pass many a good bar along the way. A popular Bruins hangout is "The Fours" on Canal Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad