The Vellucci Situation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
While it could be the title for a Robert Ludlum novel, it is what the organization faces this offseason.

• He is a successful head coach
  • He is developing draft picks, and free agents (Maenalanen and Schilkey) more than any coach in recent organization history
  • My guess is that Vellucci is a key voice on the management "committee"
None of this is lost on NHL GMs who will be looking for a head coach. So the question is can the organization keep him? If so, how does that work?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Players coming from Charlotte are much lesser skilled players but are playing much more effectively than many Canes. Guys like Maenalanen, McKegg, and Bishop seem to be some of the few willing to go to the dangerous areas of the ice and get good chances off while being some of the least capable. Looks like Velucci’s impact to me. Get him up in the NHL.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think an AGM title and a big wad of cash could very well be enough to keep him. And it may be that he's even more valuable as an actual GM when it's time to move on from Donny Wad.
This could be true, but I seem to remember either a quote from him or a sentiment about him that he preferred coaching. I might be making that up, but it could be all about the best coaching opportunity. But who knows what makes him tick? He may actually like this organization, the owner, the people he works with, the area, whatever and that could keep him here regardless. Stranger things have happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad