The Ultimate General Manager's Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
no man i was only asking...odis said you can take those guys if they are to replace roster players. They are eligable

8i was planning on trading one of Nabokov or Brodeur but im going to keep them now thats why i drafted Theodore so i dont need them ill take MacArthur and Lombardi and now Edmonton selects Mark Giordano

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
8i was planning on trading one of Nabokov or Brodeur but im going to keep them now thats why i drafted Theodore so i dont need them ill take MacArthur and Lombardi and now Edmonton selects Mark Giordano

So you draft 2 goalies, then a 3rd, an injured defenceman now you can change them all. wtf i understand maybe replacing your second goalie not knowing the rules and just getting a back up, but if you have cap space why are you intitled to change your last 2 picks. Are there a differant set of rules for you? This is turning into a farce.

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
i agree with Jcorb completley...i understand the goalie thing

BUT WHY DRAFT A TEAM IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO STICK WITH IT!!

if a player is injured you shouldn't just be able to switch, i understand putting them on the bench or something and let a spare take that spot. isn't that what they are for??

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
wait why is he changing picks? MacArthur and Lombardi ??

I'm not sure what you changed for him but MacArthur might be fine but Lombardi costs more than $1.5M

I dont think a team should be able to get more than 1.5M for an injury because they'll do the same thing and once the injury is over the player with a higher salary than 1.5M will go to the bench...

I think there should be a rule if smoeone does this his players that are on the bench higher than 1.5 goes to waivers or something.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
nate do not take advantage of anyone you are stuck with kozlov and possibly theodore you are lucky i let you do the gonchar thing is it my pick?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
wait why is he changing picks? MacArthur and Lombardi ??

I'm not sure what you changed for him but MacArthur might be fine but Lombardi costs more than $1.5M

I dont think a team should be able to get more than 1.5M for an injury because they'll do the same thing and once the injury is over the player with a higher salary than 1.5M will go to the bench...

I think there should be a rule if smoeone does this his players that are on the bench higher than 1.5 goes to waivers or something.

because my extra players picks have to be under 1.5 mil. Kozlov is 2.5 and Theodore is 4.5.. and Lombardi is exactly 1.5 right now.

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
So you draft 2 goalies, then a 3rd, an injured defenceman now you can change them all. wtf i understand maybe replacing your second goalie not knowing the rules and just getting a back up, but if you have cap space why are you intitled to change your last 2 picks. Are there a differant set of rules for you? This is turning into a farce.

what are you talking about!? i asked people what the cap is for extra players. They said 1.5 million Kozlov was 2.5 and Theodore was 4.5. So they werent valid picks i HAD to change them! and the Gonchar thing i didnt come up with odis said i should do it it wasnt planned out for me. It's not about cap space for me i have enough but the rule is for extra players they have to be under 1.5 million therefore i was asked to change them.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
Mathias maybe but even I wouldn't put Booth down. I don't really see what the big fuss is about, I just don't want to see Lombardi as a spare.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
I also want to put a rule that you can't put big name players on bench no matter how cheap there contract is right now... Say for example Lombardi... You can get him but I expcet Matthias to be benched and not Lombardi.

We have to try to make this as realistically as possible.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
btw oilgagner... lombardi>matthias right now.

edit: i'm going to stop talking on here as we still have the draft going on so i can see it being VERY confuzzling.

Last edited:

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
thats because i didnt no about this 1.5 million rule.. anyways im done chatting im gonna get in trouble for it..

we have said it was 1.5m for bench players over and over its not our fualt certain gm's didnt catch that so you are not aloud to drop those players and pick up undrafted guys just bc you made a mistake, you have to either trade them or eat their salary and let him go and pick up someone else up. This is not a rule that you HAVE to pick guys below 1.5 right now it is a rule that youyr bench players must be 1.5 or lower in salary

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
toronto has been skipped.

dal.png

is proud to select goalie prospect Ondrej Pavelec
OndrejPavelec.jpg

With Rask and Pavelec all i can say is watch out when these 2 hit their prime we will have some awesome goaltending depth.

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007
Vancouver Canucks have selected D Ryan Whitney and will immediately put him in the reserved list. The minute he becomes active, i will delegate either Jonathan Ericsson or Keith Yandle to my bench.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
The Chicago Blackhawks are proud to make there last picks by selecting Alexei Cherepanov & Cody Franson

Cherepanov_07jersey.jpg

517400013_9798ed3ebf.jpg

I think spares are done since we have 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad