The team of cast aways

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
giving-thanks.jpg

I would like to thank Boston, for Tyler Seguin.
I would like to thank Washington, for Cody Eakin.
I would like to thank Edmonton, for Shawn Horcoff (the 2nd half of the season Horcoff, not the first).
I would like to thank a crap load of teams, for Vernon Fiddler.
I would like to thank Vancouver, for not choosing Valeri Nichushkin.
I would like to thank Pittsburgh, for this version of Goligoski.
I would like to thank Winnipeg/Atlanta, for Kari Lehtonen.
I would like to thank Vancouver again, for giving up on the Frenchman.
I would like to thank Buffalo, for getting rid of a Hall of Famer in Sir Lindy Ruff.
I would like to thank Detroit, for not even trying to keep Jim Nill.

:handclap::handclap::yo::yo:

Last edited:

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I'd like to thank all of the other teams in the league at least 4 times for not drafting Jamie Benn.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Thank Winnipeg for Kari. They could've kept him or Pavelec. They chose wrong. :)

You could also thank Vancouver for giving up on Roussel, I think they signed him to a PTO before cutting him loose.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I was thinking about this the other day. Sometimes you can get a few high top picks like EDM or COL and it can fail or work out well...like EDM or COL. Or you can build an amazing future core and team like the Stars have. I know some of these guys arent going to be a part of the team next year even, and yeah we can feel the edges sometimes, but damn it hasnt felt this good to be a Stars fan in a while and this series (win or lose) is a sign of really good stuff to come. :handclap::yo::nod:

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Lobo you better add all of them to the list of things we can be thankful for.

Why isn't Canadian Thanksgiving in June?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Thank Winnipeg for Kari. They could've kept him or Pavelec. They chose wrong. :)
RIP Thrashers :(

How much longer until "Ivan Vishnevskiy for Kari Lehtonen" passes "Kevin Hatcher for Sergei Zubov" as the best trade in Stars history?

ATL Star

Mar 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
When Atlanta moved Kari, I knew it was the beginning of the end for the Thrashers in town. Kari was obviously the most talented of the goalies, but, cheap ownership decided that it would be better to move Kari and his soon-to-be new contract elsewhere.

Kari had some brilliant games in Atlanta. The 2007 playoffs were a disaster, but, a few of the goals scored by the Rangers that year were an absolute joke. From the second Dany Heatley plowed his Ferrari into a wall on Lenox Road, and forever destroying the Kovalchuk-Snyder-Heatley line... that team was cursed.

Thankfully, Kari ended leaving that haggard situation and is now in a spot to be primetime player.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
I don't get much of a team of cast aways vibe from this team. Maybe with Seguin, Roussel, and Kari. Not so much anyone else.

When we win a Cup ;)

Not only that, but Kari would have to cement himself in the upper echelon of current goalies in his day similar to what Zubov did in his day.

What am I saying? He might not even need to do that. Kevin Hatcher, for all his faults, was still an NHL player. Vishnevskiy was not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad