The Tank Megathread | 8 | The Tank Awakens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Jesus Christ how the mighty have fallen. Remember back in 2011 i was complaining about our fourth line forwards and AV...

How the mighty have fallen :cry:

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Even with a pick around 7th OA there's a really good chance of moving into top 3... If not McLeod or Dubois would still be fantastic. Really hoping we get another first as well to draft a dman like McAvoy/Fabbro or Bean.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
We need a franchise potential player. A guy we can be excited about. A guy that dazzles every time he touches the puck. That is Patrik Laine. Get er done.

Guys,

I have a question:

Lets say the following happens:

-We finish somewhere between 24-27th in the league
-We draft somewhere between 4th and 7th this summer (i.e. our ranking directly correlates to our draft placement as fate would have it).
-We are successful in trading Dan Hamhuis for a 1st round pick (I'll assume that Vrbata won't land us a first).

Would our own 1st, plus the 1st we land from a potential Dan Hamhuis trade, be enough to launch us into a Top 3 pick in terms of a trade? (or dare I say, Top 2?).

I won't be so naive as to say that we'd be able to trade for first overall and land Austin Matthews, but I will say this: If we're destined to draft high this year, the hell with 4th-7th. Lets do whatever we can to get into that Top 3, or #2 if possible.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
If we some how landed the #1 and the chance to get Matthews, I would be so curious to what teams like Buffalo, Toronto, Columbus, Carolina, Arizona ect ect would try to offer us in a trade.

To be a fly on the wall in the war room if that scenario played out would be amazing.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
If we some how landed the #1 and the chance to get Matthews, I would be so curious to what teams like Buffalo, Columbus, Carolina, Arizona ect ect would try to offer us in a trade.

To be a fly on the wall in the war room if that scenario played out would be amazing.

Oh man, if I were Benning I would bend Arizona over and take them to town for that pick.

You might even get them to throw in Domi or Duclair. They are desperate to get Matthews.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
If we some how landed the #1 and the chance to get Matthews, I would be so curious to what teams like Buffalo, Toronto, Columbus, Carolina, Arizona ect ect would try to offer us in a trade.

Arizona- OEL and their pick.

But I'm not sure I'd still flip it

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Oh man, if I were Benning I would bend Arizona over and take them to town for that pick.

You might even get them to throw in Domi or Duclair. They are desperate to get Matthews.

Duclair maybe. Domi no way.

Also theyd need a top 5or6 pick themselves to swap.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I see him as a tier down. Gaudreau is a pretty good comparable, but that's still a home-run pick if it's outside of the top 5.

Not that I would take him that high, but Corey Pronman had Keller at 4 in his latest rankings. Certainly thinks he's pretty talented.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
So assuming 89 pts is the min. to make playoffs, this team now needs to sustain a .617 winning% over the last 30 games of the season. For reference that is a 101 pt pace vs our current 82 pt pace.

Also assuming we manage only a .500 road record in our 13 remaining games, we need to go .706 over our remaining 17 home games or a 116 pt pace.

We have also picked up just 1 out of 4 potential points against two of the handful of teams that actually have a worse record than us. For reference, Columbus had the worst record of any team we will meet post-All Star break and Calgary has the 5th worst record of any team we will meet. We won't have a stretch of home games easier than this and yet Benning somehow thinks/hopes we will 11-4-2 at home vs teams like Chicago, LA, St. Louis, San Jose (2), NY Islanders, Anaheim, and Minnesota?

Delusion bordering on mental infirmity.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
So assuming 89 pts is the min. to make playoffs, this team now needs to sustain a .617 winning% over the last 30 games of the season. For reference that is a 101 pt pace vs our current 82 pt pace.

Also assuming we manage only a .500 road record in our 13 remaining games, we need to go .706 over our remaining 17 home games or a 116 pt pace.

We have also picked up just 1 out of 4 potential points against two of the handful of teams that actually have a worse record than us. For reference, Columbus had the worst record of any team we will meet post-All Star break and Calgary has the 5th worst record of any team we will meet. We won't have a stretch of home games easier than this and yet Benning somehow thinks/hopes we will 11-4-2 at home vs teams like Chicago, LA, St. Louis, San Jose (2), NY Islanders, Anaheim, and Minnesota?

So what you're saying is I should drink a nice cold cup of orange juice and watch the wheels on the wagon collapse as Trade Deadline approaches? I'm cool with that.

Ultimate question: keep Bartkowski for the tank or trade him to a team for a pick cause "he's real good at skating the puck"?

Keeping Sbisa and Dorsett, overplaying Miller, and having Free Willy as the coach helps the tank movement even if Bart is gone. it would be great if Benning could ship him off without sending a pick or 4.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

On sportsnet they were saying 92 is the likely mark.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
So what you're saying is I should drink a nice cold cup of orange juice and watch the wheels on the wagon collapse as Trade Deadline approaches? I'm cool with that.

Ultimate question: keep Bartkowski for the tank or trade him to a team for a pick cause "he's real good at skating the puck"?

Keeping Sbisa and Dorsett, overplaying Miller, and having Free Willy as the coach helps the tank movement even if Bart is gone. it would be great if Benning could ship him off without sending a pick or 4.

Personally I'll be drinking Minute Maid myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad