Player Discussion The Super Legend of Jason Demers

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Curious as to how important others think he is to the team, and also what happens with him in the offseason (upcoming UFA).

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I don't think we can afford him. Goligoski brings more to the table so he takes priority, and I think we can replace Demers with Jordie when we bring him back and eventually Johns.

Next year
Goligoski-Klingberg
Oduya-Benn
Jokipakka-Johns
Then the year after
Goligoski-Klingberg
Lindell-Johns
Jokipakka-Benn

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I don't think we can afford him. Goligoski brings more to the table so he takes priority, and I think we can replace Demers with Jordie when we bring him back and eventually Johns.

Next year
Goligoski-Klingberg
Oduya-Benn
Jokipakka-Johns
Then the year after
Goligoski-Klingberg
Lindell-Johns
Jokipakka-Benn

Noooooooooooo! No more "Almost" Alex, please.

freddypuck

Aug 19, 2008
New York

Next year
Goligoski-Klingberg
Oduya-Benn
Jokipakka-Johns
Then the year after
Goligoski-Klingberg
Lindell-Johns
Jokipakka-Benn

i would keep Demers over Goose like them both but Goose is getting old and he will cost us 5+
Demers will be allot less...

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
i would keep Demers over Goose like them both but Goose is getting old and he will cost us 5+
Demers will be allot less...

It's only 3 years and Demers already makes 3.4m. In terms of $, Demers' raise will probably be more than Goligoski's because of the money San Jose retained.

It's worth thinking about our future as well. On the right side Klingberg isn't going anywhere and 2 of our 3 top prospects are right shots. Johns comes up next year, and Honka the year after. On the left side we've got nobody signed beyond next season and only 1 guy on the way.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015

Next year
Goligoski-Klingberg
Oduya-Benn
Jokipakka-Johns
Then the year after
Goligoski-Klingberg
Lindell-Johns
Jokipakka-Benn

Persnally, I like what Demers brings much more than what Goligoski does so I'd rather we keep the former even if it costs a bit more.

Loui21Eriksson

Jul 17, 2013
Germany
It's only 3 years and Demers already makes 3.4m. In terms of $, Demers' raise will probably be more than Goligoski's because of the money San Jose retained.

It's worth thinking about our future as well. On the right side Klingberg isn't going anywhere and 2 of our 3 top prospects are right shots. Johns comes up next year, and Honka the year after. On the left side we've got nobody signed beyond next season and only 1 guy on the way.

Let's wait until the young guys prove that they can help us in the NHL. Demers would still be a tradeable asset then anyway, usually there are several teams seeking a top4 RHD.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Let's wait until the young guys prove that they can help us in the NHL. Demers would still be a tradeable asset then anyway, usually there are several teams seeking a top4 RHD.

This is about priority because we've got to squeeze under the cap next year. There's nobody signed long term, and the free agent market is bare. Besides Yandle, there's nobody worth offering a long term deal to based on their performance this year (Campbell is too old).

We're looking at a choice between

Goligoski-Klingberg
Oduya-Benn
Jokipakka-Johns

and

Oduya-Klingberg
Benn-Demers
Jokipakka-Johns

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Demers wins the Demers V Goligoski debate for me. Not necessarily as a player, but definitely as a long term asset. Final nail in the coffin of that debate for me is that Ruff matches up Oduya/Demers as the pair that goes against the opposing team’s top lines rather than Goli/Kling like last year or Goli/Daley the year before. Goligoski has done a ton of heavy lifting over the years, but Demers is proving this year that he is capable of picking a lot of that weight.

Definite no brainer re-sing IMO

freddypuck

Aug 19, 2008
New York
Demers wins the Demers V Goligoski debate for me. Not necessarily as a player, but definitely as a long term asset. Final nail in the coffin of that debate for me is that Ruff matches up Oduya/Demers as the pair that goes against the opposing team’s top lines rather than Goli/Kling like last year or Goli/Daley the year before. Goligoski has done a ton of heavy lifting over the years, but Demers is proving this year that he is capable of picking a lot of that weight.

Definite no brainer re-sing IMO

I agree with you 100% , watched him (Demers) carefully last night and he is better even than I thought does the little things right on the defensive side .....

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $365.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $209.00