The Sabres haven't scored a goal in 3 games

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Even with eichel, is there a chance that they're worse than the 14-15 team?
In terms of how they play they are absolutely worse! Those teams had no talent but they played their butts off every night and certainly played better hockey than these chumps.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
At least Bylsma had a proper system in place. Although the Sabres really do need a Torts type of coach, someone that will constantly be screaming in Eichel's ear telling him to stop floating.

The ability to control difficult personalities and egos is definitely the most underrated trait of good/great coaches.

Reactions: bukwas

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Isn't he still on his elc and the big contract kicks in next season?

I don't understand the point you are trying to make. Is Eichel just suddenly going to up his game significantly to live up to his salary next year? Do players perform relative to their salary? I'd be worried if I was a Sabres fan. Eichel is very, very talented but something is not right about him. He needs guidance. There might even be a deep-seated pathology going on.

LaymanX

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Jesus, I had to double check to see if my NHL scores weren't updating properly. Are they seriously getting shut out by the Penguins (featuring awesome T.Jarry in net) again?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
They have the worst defensive core I've seen as Sabres....and people pretending Bogosian was actually descent was laughable I thought he was god awful last year as all he does is fling it up around the boards with or without pressure. McCabe hasn't shown that he belongs anywhere near an NHL team yet gets rewarded ice time like he's actually contributing. As for the depth there is good enough pieces in the system to replace them within a few years so the defense is really the only part in dire need which means ROR and Kane are likely to be possible trading pieces. Oh yes and they need a coach who won't deal with all these lazy shits and get them to start to contribute and act like they care. The only guys who consistently give it their all are the guys who get their chance from playing in the minors making it pretty clear that they already given up.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Got to have D that can move the puck, bottom line.

Eichel may not be McDavid but he will be just fine once Buffalo fixes their roster. Not to many players excel in complete shit situations. People here overreact.

Buffalos roster wasn't as good as it was thought to be. Reinhart unfortunately cannot create much time/space/separation. He isn't the impact player people had hoped for.

They got Eichel and O'Reilly up front and not much after that. Risto on D and not much after that. How do you expect Eichel puts up 85+ point seasons working with this?

Kane is not the right player to be around a team in this situation. He will be gone. They got a few really talented players in the pipeline. They need Dahlin or Boqvist in this draft and they will likely land one of them. That will change the situation a lot.

I just hope they don't add any of their specs to this situation right now. Let them develop outside this mess.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Next coaches to be sacked?: Any bets/odds on..... Sabres, Red Wings or Flyers coaches?

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
I remember a thread in the beginning of the season that BUF fans were adamant that’s Eichel was going to be better than Tavares and that if “all” he becomes was Tavares they would be disappointed. Lmao
And he's getting 10 mil. For the next 8 years! Yikes that's ugly!

CyBorgman

Oct 4, 2017
Thanks god they scored lol. Forget the players, the fan base probably doesn't need all that additional negative energy while staring down the barrel of another tear down/rebuild.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Jesus, I had to double check to see if my NHL scores weren't updating properly. Are they seriously getting shut out by the Penguins (featuring awesome T.Jarry in net) again?

Weird comment...

Jarry has been one of the best goalie prospects in the world for the last couple years so why would it be a surprise he's playing well?

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
The only player that creates any offense is Eichel. When you watch highlights all of the Sabre highlights have #15 in them I'm not even joking.

Reactions: Hasek and Kyndig

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Eichel is the only reason I still watch this awful team. Eichel @ 10M with inflation and just turning 21 is the least of their worries considering hes one of the only players on this shitty team to put up an offense, he has the tools to be a 10M player but on this team I'm not even sure McDavid would look that great. Technically his contract doesn't kick in until next year anyways.

The team was almost shutout 4 games in a row..and Eichel was the reason they weren't shutout a 4th game. Passing the puck back to the point on this team is just not an option they have 0 goals as a D core, often bobble a basic pass, or fire directly into someones shins for a breakaway. Its like they're playing 3v5 in the offensive zone every game when they already have crappy wingers.

Bogosian, Moulson, and Okposo are all probably untradeable and eating up 17M a year when they literally contribute nothing to this team...irshootpuck Kane cannot be re-signed because of that, which may be a blessing in disguise because every coach has been too stupid to put him on the 3rd line.

I'm hoping Kane and Reinhart get traded this year for D or picks/prospects, they draft a good defenseman with their 1st round pick, Guhle and Mittlestadt become solider NHL players which looks like they will be..and PRAYING Nylander isn't a complete bust (which is looking like he is so far)

Reactions: Hasek

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I remember a thread in the beginning of the season that BUF fans were adamant that’s Eichel was going to be better than Tavares and that if “all” he becomes was Tavares they would be disappointed. Lmao
Not a buffalo fan, but I also thought that.

Eichels pre-draft pedigree was insane. He was the 3rd best prospect drafted since 2005 behind Crosby and McDavid.

He's been a massive disapointment so far, but I don't think it's fair to blame him as much because the team around him is horrible as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad