The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
vegas is 3 hrs behind ET

Briere was 25yo and had over 250 NHL games played when he was traded to Buffalo.

Apples and oranges between Briere at that stage of his career and where Savoie is today.
I dont have annisue with what TM did where he acquire ROR, Kane, and Lehrner who were 24 to start the season in the 6_ draft year. Both Kane and ROR had what 300+ nhl games

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
vegas is 3 hrs behind ET

I dont have annisue with what TM did where he acquire ROR, Kane, and Lehrner who were 24 to start the season in the 6_ draft year. Both Kane and ROR had what 300+ nhl games
In hindsight the fact that his own teammates absolutely despised the guy should've been a huge red flag not to touch Evander Kane with a ten foot poll.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Showed this to a friend of mine who was a coyotes fan. Response was “people in Buffalo have lost their goddamn minds, at least attempt to have a little perspective”.
People dont realize that without the 2020 expanded playoffs the Yotes drought would only be like 1 year shorter than ours.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Apparently Carolina matched Guentzels asking price.
Reinhart is being signed by Florida as is Huberdeau with both taking huge discounts (according to Florida fans)
Mangiapane had no problem waiving his NTC to go to faded out Washington.

and here we are arguing about cap space and whining how every player apparently has Buffalo on their NTC and this matters because Adams couldn't sell water to an oasis needing it.

THIS FRANCHISE SUCKS.

Reactions: HogtownSabresfan

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Apparently Carolina matched Guentzels asking price.
Reinhart is being signed by Florida as is Huberdeau with both taking huge discounts (according to Florida fans)
Mangiapane had no problem waiving his NTC to go to faded out Washington.

and here we are arguing about cap space and whining how every player apparently has Buffalo on their NTC and this matters because Adams couldn't sell water to an oasis needing it.

THIS FRANCHISE SUCKS.

Mostly true but GMKA shouldn't wear all of this. Sorry. One man has been in charge for 13 years.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Still more than enough for a "Win Now" team.

If their big move this offseason is for a U25 guy with zero playoff experience, I will not be optimistic that the drought ends in 24-25.
well yeah. They need to add some good veteran players. It’s hard to find the two-way top 6 forwards everyone wants, no one gives them up unless your Buffalo.

I would focus on adding scoring and veteran defense.

Reactions: The Red Helmet

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I think the Sabres should do a main uniform change, too much losing has been done in the Royal Blues, OG logo. Players always love the goat head and the jerseys represent the most successful decade for the Sabres. I know old school fans don't like the black and red goat head but if they brought the Winter Classic blue and gold goat head jerseys as the main uniform change (no white pants) we can usher a new era of the Sabres in.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I am trying to be patient but the more I’ve thought about this trade down, the less sense it makes. I thought Adams had another trade planned. A trade could obviously still happen before the draft tonight but it is sure seeming like he didn’t have anything specific in the works when he traded down. Had he turned around and flipped that extra 2nd for Mangiapane yesterday I would’ve said “ok, I get it”. (Even then I would’ve still preferred they just keep #11 and trade our ‘24 or ‘25 2nd, but at least I would’ve understood the thinking).

As of now, I feel like all they did was de-value their 1st round pick in trade talks with other teams.

was the difference between landing a player in trade really an extra 2nd round pick this year? And does it even offset the trade value lost on your 1st round pick by moving down from #11 to #14?

I am going to be beyond annoyed if Buffalo doesn’t end up trading #14 and a prospect like Tij Iginla falls to #11.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
well yeah. They need to add some good veteran players. It’s hard to find the two-way top 6 forwards everyone wants, no one gives them up unless your Buffalo.

I would focus on adding scoring and veteran defense.

Yes. This obsession with adding "x" instead of looking for pieces, including depth, to make the roster better is silly.

Small pieces add up over an 82-game season where injuries mount.

For starters, we should have a backup goalie. Leave Levi in Rochester with an eye on an idea he is ready when needed. So many other teams go this route but Buffalo is going with two young goalies. A decent backup on a one-year deal is maybe $2 M.

On D. The obsession is top 6. No team makes it with just six guys. It literally never happens. You usually have two guys down at some point in the year. We should have 7 NHL D men, with Ryan Johnson, an 8th guy in Rochester.

The forward depth can be improved over the summer with a $3 M contract for someone here or there. Pay an extra 10% to 20% over the going rate. Who cares if it's a one-year deal? The battle is to make the playoffs and make this a credible franchise.

The Sabres do not need a home run. A bunch of singles will do. Adding depth will help a ton. And then it is up to Ruff (and I wish we had some veteran assistant coaches but oh well.)

That said, GMKA can only spend whatever his budget is and only he knows that.

Reactions: GrierIsGod123

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
The impatience and whining in this thread is nauseating. I get being emotionally invested in the team, but holy crap, chill out, folks. The draft is later. Free agency in a couple days. Prospect camp around the corner. Breathe, people. Breathe
You can't blame people after the GM came out and again started talking about deals falling through or about how it's hard. We've heard this for years and it's usually a bad sign.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
The impatience and whining in this thread is nauseating. I get being emotionally invested in the team, but holy crap, chill out, folks. The draft is later. Free agency in a couple days. Prospect camp around the corner. Breathe, people. Breathe
1719593264761.png

Reactions: Dingo44

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yes. This obsession with adding "x" instead of looking for pieces, including depth, to make the roster better is silly.

Small pieces add up over an 82-game season where injuries mount.

For starters, we should have a backup goalie. Leave Levi in Rochester with an eye on an idea he is ready when needed. So many other teams go this route but Buffalo is going with two young goalies. A decent backup on a one-year deal is maybe $2 M.

On D. The obsession is top 6. No team makes it with just six guys. It literally never happens. You usually have two guys down at some point in the year. We should have 7 NHL D men, with Ryan Johnson, an 8th guy in Rochester.

The forward depth can be improved over the summer with a $3 M contract for someone here or there. Pay an extra 10% to 20% over the going rate. Who cares if it's a one-year deal? The battle is to make the playoffs and make this a credible franchise.

The Sabres do not need a home run. A bunch of singles will do. Adding depth will help a ton. And then it is up to Ruff (and I wish we had some veteran assistant coaches but oh well.)

That said, GMKA can only spend whatever his budget is and only he knows that.
There is no good reason for Levi not to be in Rochester next season. He needs playing time to develop he isn't getting with the parent club, having him as the Maytag repairman would be very counterproductive.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

I'd rather not have more than 50% of this board on the Ignore list if I can help it :laugh:

You can't blame people after the GM came out and again started talking about deals falling through or about how it's hard. We've heard this for years and it's usually a bad sign.

I can urge people who are freaking out about next season being a failure before it even begins to chill out. They'd probably be a little happier.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I know he's from the Toronto area and I would love to have him but you're going to have to really overpay to get him here.

Totally worth it (assuming it's in the 8-9 million per year) for 2-3 years range.

Just from the perspective of how Stamkos can help benefit Buffalo:

He'd instantly become Lindy's "Drury" in terms of "THE GUY" that the players can rally around that is fully behind Lindy to help keep the room in order. Has the Stanley Cup pedigree and still seems to be an effective player. Also a culture shifter and I'm sure teams would look at Buffalo more favorably with that sort of move. He'd address a huge hole on the team instantly with quality of player/play on the ice.

He'd actually be a captain in terms of leadership on and off the ice.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I get the frustration, but some posters do take it to the extreme. It may be better for their mental health to take a break for a few days. Theyre not expecting much anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad