The Rebuild: Inside the Montreal Canadiens docuseries discussion (Episode 5 and 6 now available on Crave)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
RBC pays 5M for the jersey patch? On 265M revenue?

I mean the Habs cap + overhead is what 150M? probably only AZ and OTT lost money last season.

To me this is like having an ad on your Ferrari door to reduce the monthly payment by $50.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
It feels more like an advertisement for the Habs as opposed to a true behind the scenes all access thing. Very tailored and pushing narratives about ticket prices and jersey ads.

It's like half season recap and half hockey ops advertisement, with a sprinkle of actual behind the scenes footage.

If a weirdo diehard Habs fan like me isn't sure if I'm going to keep watching it I doubt many casuals will be.
I kind of expect it probably rates better with the more casual fans then the diehard ones because for the diehard fans there's been very little meat to chew over, whereas a casual fan there probably is a lot of stuff that is new or interesting.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
RBC pays 5M for the jersey patch? On 265M revenue?

I mean the Habs cap + overhead is what 150M? probably only AZ and OTT lost money last season.

To me this is like having an ad on your Ferrari door to reduce the monthly payment by $50.

Well if those numbers are accurate that's 100m of profit, and they are likely getting something similar from AC for the road jersey patch so 10m out of 100m, and at the end of the day 10% if not nothing. And as we see in european football plenty of fans want their jersey to have all the adverts that the real jersey has so there's likely an increase in jersey sales too.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Well if those numbers are accurate that's 100m of profit, and they are likely getting something similar from AC for the road jersey patch so 10m out of 100m, and at the end of the day 10% if not nothing. And as we see in european football plenty of fans want their jersey to have all the adverts that the real jersey has so there's likely an increase in jersey sales too.

The most corrupted pro sport on the planet shouldn't be an example for anything.

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
*edit this is a joke* 🤣😅

Episode 3;

Mike Matheson make pancakes for his kids. He's happy to play for the home team.

Mylene the real estate agent from Rosemere tell us the Habs bring her and her kids together every Saturday night.

5 minutes interview with the Zamboni guy.

Recap for week 3 of the 23-24 szn (???)

Episode 4;

Jesse Ylonen takes a walk in the old port on his day off. He's taking everything day by day.

Meet Jimmy and the gang from NDG as they enjoy a cold Molson in their friends basement while watching a game.

Claudie is the social media moderator she tell us what her challenges are (16 minutes segment)

Recap of week 4 of the 23-24 szn (???)

I was bored waiting for my dog to poop. I'll let you guys guess what episode 5 has in store for us!
Congrats! Biggest laugh I’ve had this week so far! Solid stuff! 😂😂😂

WentWughes

Apr 16, 2023
I was hoping it would be more like 24/7 road to the winter classic that HBO used to do. I find it extremely boring I was looking forward to behind the scenes with the players and mic’d up games. Honestly this show is one of the more boring things I have ever watched, very disappointing.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
So, should i get Crave to watch it or it’s not worth it?

I like series like Sprint, Break Point, F1 on netflix is it similar to those?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

It's fine.

I would get Crave to watch Curb, Always Sunny, and Silicon Valley and just watch this while you have it and are able to laugh at some of the best comedies to ever be written.

Reactions: donghabs98

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I kind of expect it probably rates better with the more casual fans then the diehard ones because for the diehard fans there's been very little meat to chew over, whereas a casual fan there probably is a lot of stuff that is new or interesting.
I'm pretty sure that's their target audience. A documentary show like this is aimed more at causals in terms of getting them excited for the season and go out to a game. The type of content diehards want is the type of access that I can't see the team offering up.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012

Nah…. very boring so far .
Way too much time spent of the administrative side , not enough hockey stuff.
Anne Margareth whatever is probably the person you see and hear most through the first 3 episodes.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
There were also few crunchy things like Hughes asking Gorton about Allen trade:
- Should I be greedy and ask for a second?
and Gorton saying:
- I like your style but don't push it :laugh:
he ended up getting that conditional second if he plays 40 games :D

also when everybody was waiting for a call back from Jersey, the phone rang and KH put the call on speaker it ended up being a marketing call from GE security :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad