The reason behind Perry's termination revealed, grounds for grievance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
That continues to be irrelevant regardless if it's true. Adultery isn't the issue, making the company look bad at a function where you're supposed to be an ambassador for said company is.
I wasn't replying to a question about Perry, I was replying to someone who asked In what line of work can you get drunk on a work trip, hit on someone who works with/around your company, and expect nothing to happen?

and the answer is every company, every business trip and every convention/trade show (ive been to a few retail trade shows and this happens between reps and employees and even senior management. )

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Based on the Chicago GMs reaction, i imagine “made a pass at” is going to be slightly disingenuous based on what probably really happened.
Whatever happened, it was bad enough that someone (whether a witness or person involved) thought it was worthy enough to likely make a formal complaint and have to deal with the paper work that comes with that.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
6 pages of a thread with the topic of what happened finally being revealed, and here we are. Not a f***ing thing was revealed, still just piles of speculation

Reactions: RegDunlop

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
6 pages of a thread with the topic of what happened finally being revealed, and here we are. Not a f***ing thing was revealed, still just piles of speculation

Yep, and just to be clear- there’s a big difference between “hey, I’d like to take you out sometime!” and.. objectionable things that’d still be considered “making a pass”. We dunno what happened, but it could land in a whole number of places, so to jump to any conclusions from this would be silly

Reactions: Three On Zero

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I think we all knew it was something along those lines.

It's just a question of how far it went & if it was unwanted.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I imagine she's been turning a blind eye to this type of stuff for a few years. These are professional athletes making millions of dollars a year, women have been throwing themselves at them since they were 13 or 14 years old. The percentage of NHL players that stray from their relationships is probably equal to those that are monogamous.
They are like mobsters. The wives know what they are signing up for and know that goomars come with the package.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
The whole notion of a guy gets 1 and done as far as chances doesn't sit all that well with me.
Now to be clear I am not saying you continue to engage if given a hard no, and for the love of god use tact, but the reality is 99% of girls are not going to respond to the 1st pass.

Especially considering Perry likely used hockey lingo.

Of course she's going to be confused the first time you invite her upstairs to get pucks in deep, but you have to read the room a little bit before asking if she's game for 5 in the box.

• Haha
Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Nogatco Rd

noble man who is loved by many animal
Apr 3, 2021

Says Perry got drunk and made a pass at an NBC employee.

If he just had a few and hit on someone he has total grounds for a grievance. Now depending on what he did tho, but we know it’s not criminal. So to me the Hawks blew it and are going to loose if a grievance is filed.

I’m curious why exactly you think he “has total grounds for a grievance?” What would the basis of that grievance be?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I imagine she's been turning a blind eye to this type of stuff for a few years. These are professional athletes making millions of dollars a year, women have been throwing themselves at them since they were 13 or 14 years old. The percentage of NHL players that stray from their relationships is probably equal to those that are monogamous.
Whenever I read something like this, I feel like it's saying "I'd cheat on my loved one too if I was in that situation". I hope that if she's been turning a blind eye to it she's also been f***ing whoever she wants.

Reactions: Ezekial

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Chicago is a little gunshy after their last debacle.

I mean, it was grounds for termination as an internal organizational issue as it would be in any other direct employment...but as a league issue it was nothing to warrant preventing him from making a livelihood. That is why they were allowed to nix the contract. And that is why he was allowed to play.

That is why he was terminated.
That is why he is going to play.
And that is why there is no grievance.

If this report is true, he was a creep. Not a criminal.

Reactions: RegDunlop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad