Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Juolevi played 21:58, was -1, and had four shots in a 2-0 loss today. Palmu played 16:28, also had four shots, and was even.

Series is now at 3-2 for TPS. Next game is tomorrow in Lappeenranta. If necessary game seven will be Saturday back in Turku.

Last edited:
Reactions: lindgren

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Vancouver, BC
How's the potatoe model coming...wasn't it you that was working on it?

There are reasonable measures to project prospects but the error bars are large.

Yeah on break right now cause I'm in Toronto but will be posting something soon and will provide a link. It is coming well. I think people will find it interesting.

The error bars are so large that it is baffling to me how anybody has such conviction behind their choices.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Once his season is over in Finland, yes.

Not sure if that is the plan though. Last year the plan was for him to get stronger instead of going to Utica.

That would be a contradiction to Benning's statement that any signed Canucks prospects will be assigned to Utica for the playoffs if their seasons end and the Comets are still going. The only exception I saw given was Pettersson to the Swedish WC team and Gaudette because signing and playing a game with the Canucks would make going to Utica against the rules. Someone correct that with actual evidence not opinion.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
That would be a contradiction to Benning's statement that any signed Canucks prospects will be assigned to Utica for the playoffs if their seasons end and the Comets are still going. The only exception I saw given was Pettersson to the Swedish WC team and Gaudette because signing and playing a game with the Canucks would make going to Utica against the rules. Someone correct that with actual evidence not opinion.
My bad, I missed that. Here's the quote from Benning.

“We’re going to sign some of our good young players we’ve drafted the last couple of year who are going to turn pro.”
Benning was then asked what the plans were for those players.
“When all our young players have completed their season — whether they’re in junior or Europe — they’re going to join Utica at the end of year,” he answered.

Ed Willes: The future Canucks fans have waited for is about to arrive. No, seriously.

Benning doesn't specifically name the players, so the assumption is that he's referring to Lind, Gadjovich, Juolevi, and Dahlen since they are all signed and not likely headed to the World Championships.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pretty obvious the Canucks are going to force-feed Juolevi into the NHL next year.....would be surprised if he ever sees Utica....almost guaranteed to struggle though, giving the Canucks faithful more draft ammo.....reports from Finland about foot-speed and conditioning are alarming.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Talk about foot speed is not a new issue. Every indication about Joulevi since he was drafted has been about his ability to create space for himself to make plays. He hasn't demonstrated an ability to that. He is too slow getting to pucks to beat the forecheck and thus gets tied up in puck battles. This creates the concern about strength to win those battles. But the real problem is getting quicker so he can avoid getting constantly into those situations. Also, there is the concern about getting caught flat-footed on defense and not being nimble enough to avoid getting walked.

If anything Joulevi is very like Hutton who has similar issues with foot speed. I think Joulevi may be a little better passing the puck and skating with the puck than Hutton but both are very alike in getting tied up along their end boards and over use of stick work to make up for lack of wheels.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lind and the Rockets now down 0-3 to Tri-Cities......could be swept by the weekend....does Lind up in Utica?....hopefully the Canucks don't come up with the Juolevi excuse.....Comets desperately need trigger-men and if they can bring Lind then they should go for it.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Wed Mar 28

Europe Playoffs

TPS 0 Saipa 2
Palmu 0 points
Juolevi 0 points

TPS leads series 3-2

AHL

Utica 3 Rochester 2 (OT)
Demko 31 saves on 33 shots

Frankie Simonelli (2) ASST: Michael Chaput (22), Patrick Wiercioch (25) (PP)
Michael Chaput (15) ASST: Frankie Simonelli (1), Patrick Wiercioch (26) (PP)
Michael Chaput (16) ASST: None

ECHL

Kalamazoo 4 Atlanta 3
Moynihan 1 assist, even
Irving 0 points, even
Stewart 0 points, +2
Garteig 22 saves on 25 shots

WHL Playoffs

Kelowna 3 Tri-City 5
Lind 1 goal (3rd), 1 assist, +1

Kelowna trails series 0-3

S_C

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Thu Mar 29

Europe Playoffs

Saipa 1 TPS 2 (OT)
Palmu 0 points
Juolevi 0 points

TPS wins series 4-2 (next game against Tappara April 4)

Karlskrona 2 Timra 5
Dahlen 1 goal (5th), 2 assists, +2

Timra trails series 1-2

OHL Playoffs

Owen Sound 2 London 1
McKenzie 1 assist, even (selected 3rd star)
Gadjovich 0 points, -1

Owen Sound wins series 4-0

Niagara 5 Oshawa 2
Brassard 0 points, -3

Oshawa trails series 1-3

Sarnia 1 Windsor 3
DiPietro 46 saves on 47 shots (selected 1st star)

Series tied 2-2

WHL Playoffs

Kelowna 3 Tri-City 5
Lind 2 assists, even

Kelowna eliminated 0-4

S_C

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
In each of the last two seasons Dahlen has increased his scoring rate in the qualification round.
16/17 Regular season 1.0 pts/g (45 games) Qualification 1.5 pts/g (4 games)
17/18 Regular season 1.0 pts/g (44 games) Qualification 1.7 pts/g (6 games)

Small sample size but still interesting.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
From 2 weeks ago, but:

Jonathan Dahlen is finishing what he started in Timrå

excerpt:
Dahlen announced in mid-January that he was staying with Timrå for the rest of the season, instead of pursuing an opportunity in the SHL.
“Only an idiot without heart would have left Timrå at this moment,” said Dahlen, “and I would not describe myself as an idiot without a heart. My heart is in the right place and I will continue to play for Timrå.
“I see that we have a realistic chance to reach the Allsvenskan Final [for promotion], and as long as we have that, I will not leave to go anywhere.”

S_C

Reactions: iceburg

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
From 2 weeks ago, but:

Jonathan Dahlen is finishing what he started in Timrå

excerpt:
Dahlen announced in mid-January that he was staying with Timrå for the rest of the season, instead of pursuing an opportunity in the SHL.
“Only an idiot without heart would have left Timrå at this moment,” said Dahlen, “and I would not describe myself as an idiot without a heart. My heart is in the right place and I will continue to play for Timrå.
“I see that we have a realistic chance to reach the Allsvenskan Final [for promotion], and as long as we have that, I will not leave to go anywhere.”

S_C

Does that mean Pettersson is an idiot without a heart?

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Fri Mar 30

AHL

Hershey 1 Utica 3
Bachman 25 saves on 26 shots

Alexis D'Aoust (9) ASST: Guillaume Brisebois (13), Adam Comrie (11) (PP)
Alexis D'Aoust (10) ASST: Guillaume Brisebois (14), Cole Cassels (18)
Andrew Cherniwchan (8) ASST: Wacey Hamilton (13) (EN)

ECHL

Kalamazoo 3 Norfolk 2
Moynihan 0 points, even
Irving 0 points, even
Stewart 0 points, even
Garteig was the back-up

OHL Playoffs

Windsor 2 Sarnia 4
DiPietro 28 saves on 31 shots (pulled at 4:48 of the 3rd)

Windsor trails series 2-3

S_C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad