The "PlayOff-Bandwagon"-Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
I'm rooting for Ottawa in the east (Baby Sens players from 2011 on their roster now give me rooting interest). Also whoever plays Pitt/NYR.

Out west I like St. Louis, Columbus, and San Jose in that order.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Canucks mainly. They dislike the wild, hate the kings :) Cool avatars
luongo posts about his poop on twitter....I am on board.

Sharks for Larry, and the Caps for Oates. All the other East teams can go **** themselves.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I was never a fan of the Caps, but for Oates I would stomach that. Just not Rags, Wild, Pitt, or any Canadian team. Prefer not the Kings. Love to see the Blues do it.

Also rooting for the Blue Jackets as well.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Blue Jackets all day. It's perfect in too many ways.

If I had to pick an East team, let it be the Islanders. 1. Islanders-Blue Jackets would be the most unlikely finals pairing if you asked people a year ago, which is part of why it would be great. 2. There is no question this would piss off Rangers fans (be it because they may lose to the Isles on their way, or may just got knocked out early elsewhere). That's always a fun result, no matter how we get to it.

That being said, give me the Blue Jackets. I hate rooting for anyone else in the east.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
east: boston and honestly wouldnt mind toronto doing well; jets too if they get in
west: columbus/dallas (if either get in); also wouldnt mind sharks/blues doing well

overall, i'll have a better answer in a week.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Blackhawks and Capitals as the Bhawks are my 2nd favorite team and Wash because I hate just about every other team and I think it would be a very entertaining final.

Rella17

May 21, 2010
Bergen
East: nobody, my brother is and Isles fan but hes become annoying lately so i hope they lose now

West: Ducks

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
they have gotten pretty smug, eh?

They're getting there, but the beauty of it is that any Islanders fan under 35 really hasn't seen them ever do a damn thing in the grand scheme of things. Can easily put them in their place until/unless they win something.

That and I know like... two islanders fans, so I deal with it easily. Having a brother as an Islanders fan though is a whole different story.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
As others have said, as long as the Rags and Wild don't win anything significant, I'm okay. I'd also like to see the Pens not do well, but I wouldn't be that upset if they won it all.

I'd much rather see the Ducks, Hawks, Blue Jackets, Caps, Jets, or Isles do well. My dream matchup would be Jackets/Isles in the Final, just for the hilarity of it all.

Banana Sandwiches

Jul 18, 2011
West: Anyone but Detroit. If Columbus makes it, then them.

East: I've always liked Boston for the past few years. I watch them a lot and they play my style of hockey. However, I'm on the NY Islanders bandwagon. Big fan of Tavares, Hamonic, Grabner, all 3 Matt's, and Boulton.

The only other teams I could see myself pulling for in the East are Washington because Ovechkin is exciting again and I like Adam Oates and Toronto because Kadri has been a good story and Mark Fraser rules.

I'm not a fan of Pittsburgh, but dammit, Iginla and Morrow deserve a Cup so I wouldn't be too upset if they won it.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
Islanders all day.

Do not care about Western teams, but Blue Jackets, Blues or Hawks all fine with me. No Canucks or California teams, if I had my drothers.

Semak

If I have to root for the east, gun to my head, Wash.

West: Blues.

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
East: Whoever knocks the Rangers out/knocks Pittsburgh out

West: Blue Jackets. Last year to be able to root for them before they come into the Atlantic and we have to start hating them

Ideal Situation: Jackets sweep the Islanders in the cup final

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
East: Whoever knocks the Rangers out/knocks Pittsburgh out

West: Blue Jackets. Last year to be able to root for them before they come into the Atlantic and we have to start hating them

Ideal Situation: Jackets sweep the Islanders in the cup final

Bettman would never ever ever let this happen.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
pick the canucks :D

I got no problem with Van getting theirs. They've been a good team for a long time now. Unfortunately, they're not my first choice.

I wouldn't mind Washington, St. Louis, or Anaheim. The teams I will be rooting for hardest are those who play the rags and pens.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
West: Blue Jackets (assuming they make it)
East: Islanders

Maybe possibly the Leafs, since my brother-in-law is a fan.

As long as the Rags or Wild don't win.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I don't really like rooting for East teams, but I'll be damned if I don't have a soft spot for the Islanders.

But the bandwagon I'm jumping on for now is definitely Columbus. No question.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Hawks in the West and whoever plays the Rangers in the East (if they make the playoffs). Where was everyone getting those bandwagon avatars last year? I want one hah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad