OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Dont panic, they are 2-0!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I can't wait for Najee Harris to not be on this team anymore.

Also first 300+ passing yard game as well. Best performance by a QB since Ben threw for 308 yards, 3 TDs and 1 interception on 12/9/2021 against the Vikings. Coincidentally, they also lost that game due to the defense collapsing.
Kenny had 300+ on like 50 attempts in his first start in that Bills game IIRC

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I can't wait for Najee Harris to not be on this team anymore.

Also first 300+ passing yard game as well. Best performance by a QB since Ben threw for 308 yards, 3 TDs and 1 interception on 12/9/2021 against the Vikings. Coincidentally, they also lost that game due to the defense collapsing.
Pickett had a 300 yard game in 2022. In general you will get more passing yards while trailing. That Roethlisberger game was basically all in garbage time.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
It's wild that we only had 34 pass attempts vs 30 runs in a game we trailed for all but like 3 minutes. Granted there was some designed QB runs, but the early down rushing inefficiency is killing this team. We have to be averaging like 2nd and 8 or something

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
367 total yards and 3 TDs from Fields. He’s the best part of this offense right now. Not folding after being down 17 was encouraging and I would hope that answered a lot of questions people had on him.

Defense absolutely shit the bed though. Coaching was poor all around too. I think Arthur Smith is just a completely mid OC.

Reactions: T1K

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
This is the 2nd 300 yard passing game in Fields career. Pickens was over 100 and Muth and Najaee had 50 yards each receiving

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
But yeah, I think that 2nd half performance by Fields should erase any worries about how he looks when not playing safe game manager football. They didn't end up winning, but the only reason they even had a chance after CPat got hurt is because Fields put the team on his back. This team has some serious issues it needs to address, but I'm fully convinced that QB isn't one of them. They obviously should wait until the end of the season to be safe and there's no reason to rush, but I'd have no concerns with signing Fields to a Mayfield style contract (like 3x30 or so).

I'm not going to keep belaboring the Harris point, but the fact that he's once again being outperformed by his backup (a guy that a lot of people here didn't even want to be a regular) just shows how shit he is. Them declining his 5th year option is the correct call.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
It's wild that we only had 34 pass attempts vs 30 runs in a game we trailed for all but like 3 minutes. Granted there was some designed QB runs, but the early down rushing inefficiency is killing this team. We have to be averaging like 2nd and 8 or something
When they said Fields has attempted the 2nd most play action passes and the lowest air yards per attempt i was like wth

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The way this game was going it felt like 35-10 Colts. Fields did a lot of good in this game despite coming up short. THE OL really killed us on several occasions.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
By the way, this game had the highest scrimmage yards from a Steelers QB since 2018, where Ben went 33 for 50 with 380 passing yards and 3 TDs against New Orleans on 12/23/2018. This was the same game that the Steelers lost at the end due to Juju's fumble.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think it was @WickedWrister who asked whether Colts counted as the NFL middle class that this defence always grinds down or the sort of struggling scoundrel this team comes out sleepwalking against. I think we both thought middle class, but we were clearly wrong. The team spent a half sucking ass in just about every possible way. After that it was too late.

I am going to continue throw rocks at the offensive scheme at its foundation level though. They want to be this tough guy ultra-throwback offence and nevermind what the league is, it's just not this team's personnel. I remember Haley (I think) saying recently that Tomlin would say before how many points he should game plan for. I think they game planned for 20 and they were wrong about what the defence would do and that was it. I see a lot of stuff on Harris and hey, maybe I missed something as I was at a bar, but I really can't remember looking at his plays and thinking anything other than "well he was just running at a brick wall". Other than the one where he got hurt and they got a penalty for roughing the passer.

But then in a game where your defence gives up 27 points, the offence is the lesser problem.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
3 out of 4 weeks the refs have been one sided against the Steelers as well. The things that Indy got away with and what was called was horrible.
I thought Jones held Pickens on that 3rd and 22. PI on the play prior to the Fields run on one of the TD's as well.

I'm more impressed with Fields this game than the other three. That said there's a lot he needs to clean up. But that 38yard pass to Pickens on the sideline was awesome!

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
I know you can't win them all but I hate seeing them lose games like that. Perfectly winnable. Don't wave the football around and fumble in the red zone. Get the snap right. Get your ass out of bounds within a minute. Just a handful of little errors are the difference.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
As long as you cry babies keep defending him
We don't determine who coaches this team. What do you expect us to do other than boycott the Steelers? I'm curious.

Also, I haven't seen anyone in this forum defend him all that much if at all. Almost no one here likes Tomlin. But, if you follow this team that's what comes with it, so you either accept it or you don't. And Bitching about it year after year doesn't do a damn thing to change it.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Looking back at the C-Q exchange, Frazier says they're in silent count and he feels the tap. Looking for a longer version of this clip, but I don't see it. McCormick and Fields aren't ready for it either.

Reactions: T1K

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think it was @WickedWrister who asked whether Colts counted as the NFL middle class that this defence always grinds down or the sort of struggling scoundrel this team comes out sleepwalking against. I think we both thought middle class, but we were clearly wrong. The team spent a half sucking ass in just about every possible way. After that it was too late.

I am going to continue throw rocks at the offensive scheme at its foundation level though. They want to be this tough guy ultra-throwback offence and nevermind what the league is, it's just not this team's personnel. I remember Haley (I think) saying recently that Tomlin would say before how many points he should game plan for. I think they game planned for 20 and they were wrong about what the defence would do and that was it. I see a lot of stuff on Harris and hey, maybe I missed something as I was at a bar, but I really can't remember looking at his plays and thinking anything other than "well he was just running at a brick wall". Other than the one where he got hurt and they got a penalty for roughing the passer.

But then in a game where your defence gives up 27 points, the offence is the lesser problem.

I think it's tough to say that when Seumalo has been injured and Daniels left early with an injury. Frazier is an absolute monster of a blocker already and I think Seumalo-Frazier-Daniels as the IOL would make a massive difference in the quality of their running game. You also need a good RB, which Harris simply isn't.

I do think a run heavy, play-action based offense could fit this team, but you need the OL to be healthy to be able to do that. Right now, the OL is just far too green to run that kind of offense effectively, even with how good Frazier is already. I do think they deviated away from that in the second half today, which isn't surprising that the offense got way better when they were relying on Fields' arm more.

McCormick does look good as well but I think this team really needs to have Seumalo and Daniels in the IOL right now. Let McCormick take over next year and I think their IOL will be fine, but they really need both the veterans right now. It also doesn't help that Jones is looking like a bust too.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
We don't determine who coaches this team. What do you expect us to do other than boycott the Steelers? I'm curious.

Also, I haven't seen anyone in this forum defend him all that much if at all. Almost no one here likes Tomlin. But, if you follow this team that's what comes with it, so you either accept it or you don't. And Bitching about it year after year doesn't do a damn thing to change it.

I've been attacked here on this board for the last five years for not being his biggest fan..it's gone as far as me being called a racist, when it's really that I don't think he's that good or right for this team.

Maybe you need more context before you speak to me since you're kinda new to this thread.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
This is what happens when your OC looks like a perv from the tv show To Catch a Predator.

1727644064382.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Night Shift

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad