OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Dont panic, they are 2-0!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I really don't understand the speculation about drafting guys like Milroe and Sanders when you already have Fields without using your #1 pick on the position. Fields is more talented than either of those guys and they all have the same limitations and concerns. I'd much rather them use the #1 pick on a WR or a DL than to start over with another flawed, athletic, limited QB that the same discussion will be had about next year.

Reactions: Pengwins

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I really don't understand the speculation about drafting guys like Milroe and Sanders when you already have Fields without using your #1 pick on the position. Fields is more talented than either of those guys and they all have the same limitations and concerns. I'd much rather them use the #1 pick on a WR or a DL than to start over with another flawed, athletic, limited QB that the same discussion will be had about next year.
For the record I want to stick with Fields. I only brought up Milroe because he was balling last night. I wasn’t suggesting the Steelers draft him.

Reactions: MrBrightside

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
You draft a rookie Qb to reset the clock right now they have 0 on the roster for next season. If they draft a DL round 1 he is definitely redshirting since Benton Cam and Larry are still under contract next year. Tomlin said the market is flooded with wr every year not sure they draft a wr round 1

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
If Wilson is this far behind and/or not healthy enough to get on the field they REALLY need to add a WR before the deadline. You just can’t be serious with Jefferson, Austin, and Miller at 2-4.

Reactions: Andy99

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If Wilson is this far behind and/or not healthy enough to get on the field they REALLY need to add a WR before the deadline. You just can’t be serious with Jefferson, Austin, and Miller at 2-4.

Something something moving train, something something.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Coming soon the goalposts are going to be expanded (yet again) to address his lack of overtime experience and that he has never played in a Super Bowl?
Hey I'm not complaining that we've gotten the opportunity to play from ahead, just thought it was an interesting little stat. But I agree with Kozora's statement that there will come a point when he's required to make some plays late in the game.

Re: Roman Wilson - I'm as annoyed as everyone else. While I do think there's a grain of truth in that dumb train metaphor by Tomlin - a rookie missing important reps during the install of an offense can delay his ability to play - WR is a position where it actually makes sense to rotate guys in. He doesn't have to play a full compliment of snaps from the get go. I don't understand why they can't just have a small package for him like 10-15 plays and build from there. Well, I do understand, Smith wants to dress 4 TE's and he'll use CPatt as a RB/WR instead, it's just annoying.

Reactions: Andy99

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I don't follow college football close enough to know if they will be leaving as they are both juniors, but...

I would love to nab either of the PSU RB's in like the 4th round or whatever. They are both what the Steelers think Najee is. They run hard but with better vision, better speed, better explosiveness, are better receivers, and aren't going to cost a 1st round pick.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
And Beck is playing him out of the first round. I really hope Fields works out because this seems like a bad year to need a QB imo.

I wasn’t even really suggesting the Steelers draft him, it was just an observation from watching the game. I didn’t really think he had NFL starter potential last year, but he’s proving me wrong and he looks to have a very high ceiling. He’s outplayed Beck tonight by a lot. I see smart people on my timeline suggesting he’s playing his way into the top 10. Jayden Daniels had a similar meteoric rise up the mock drafts, but his was later in the season.

Ward and Milroe are very intriguing to me, but I doubt either would even be available for us to draft without trading up.

Georgia making a comeback 👀

Edit: This game is insane

I'd say it is about fit, what type of QB has thrived here. I'd lean more towards a 6'4" Beck over all of these others. I wouldn't read too much into a single game other than Beck proved he can come back in a game they were clearly out of in the 1st half.

He's a quality QB and has more to prove moving forward. Who cares where he ends up being ranked. Like I said, it's about fit.

I think he was tremendous.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I don't follow college football close enough to know if they will be leaving as they are both juniors, but...

I would love to nab either of the PSU RB's in like the 4th round or whatever. They are both what the Steelers think Najee is. They run hard but with better vision, better speed, better explosiveness, are better receivers, and aren't going to cost a 1st round pick.
Singleton isn’t falling to round 4 that speed will get him into late 1st discussion

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Austin and Miller play ST and Jefferson knows the offense

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Big Tony will probably make some mistakes but the Colts have enough talent on offense that the Steelers are going to have to actually score some points to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad