Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I just watched 3 quarters of Summer League on tape before dinner because I am an unhappy person. McCain's half court game has been ass in Vegas, and he scored more last night, but every shot he is taking is biting off more than he can chew. I hate it. He looked more patient and a better passer in Utah. It's all bad drives he's not athletic/skilled enough for (even if he's seeking contact and got some mercy fouls) and contested 3s. Doesn't help when you have Dowtin being a black hole, so McCain gets no easy looks either -- everyone looks dumb. But he's contributing to that.

I don't know how they don't sign Aluma to a 2-way. Ricky has had higher highs (when he's not shooting logo 3s, taking turns with Dowtin), but every single game I've watched Aluma stands out as the most in control guy in the middle of Chuck Fest 2025. I saw they used him at the 4 last night with Bona, but he still made good reads while being underused. Possibly late blooming small ball 5? Yes, please.

• Haha
Reactions: BigToe

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I just watched 3 quarters of Summer League on tape before dinner because I am an unhappy person. McCain's half court game has been ass in Vegas, and he scored more last night, but every shot he is taking is biting off more than he can chew. I hate it. He looked more patient and a better passer in Utah. It's all bad drives he's not athletic/skilled enough for (even if he's seeking contact and got some mercy fouls) and contested 3s. Doesn't help when you have Dowtin being a black hole, so McCain gets no easy looks either -- everyone looks dumb. But he's contributing to that.

I don't know how they don't sign Aluma to a 2-way. Ricky has had higher highs (when he's not shooting logo 3s, taking turns with Dowtin), but every single game I've watched Aluma stands out as the most in control guy in the middle of Chuck Fest 2025. I saw they used him at the 4 last night with Bona, but he still made good reads while being underused. Possibly late blooming small ball 5? Yes, please.
Got to watch Aluma for years at VT and I'm really not surprised he's looking good in SL. I think the Sixers could definitely have a use for him as a cheap deep bench option this year, which they will probably need due to other salaries anyway.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
manutebol-bullets.jpg

Reactions: Flybynite

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia

Ben Simmons could nevah... Lol
I remember watching that game, Sixers were an awful team. Despite Manute's threes the Suns were killing them and I think k it was the first time they played Barkley after the trade.

I think I watched that game....vaguely recall. His 3's were hilarious. Eat your heart out too cool for school Ben Simmons!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad