The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
UT, Vandy, Belmont and Lipscomb all lose in the same weekend. The last 2 with a tourney bid on the line. Not great for TN hoops!
That was weird. I saw a tweet yesterday that must have been before the game was over because until just now I thought Lipscomb won. I used to root for Vandy athletics more than I do now but even though I still pay attention I think it's funny they ran the table in reverse this year.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
That was weird. I saw a tweet yesterday that must have been before the game was over because until just now I thought Lipscomb won. I used to root for Vandy athletics more than I do now but even though I still pay attention I think it's funny they ran the table in reverse this year.
It was a historically awful year for Vandy. The highlight of the season had to be almost beating UT at home. Other than that it went about as poorly as it possibly could.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
For you baseball fans out there this is crazy to me

Rob Deer

giphy.gif

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
Titans won't be re-signing Derrick Morgan. What a long and... mediocre tenure he had here. But he was a nice individual and good member of the community. Could possibly have been more but his prime years were on some bad Titans teams.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I have a ball from the last game at Milwaukee County Stadium that Rob Deer threw over the right field foul pole into the upper deck. About 10 seconds later, the ball landed at my feet in Row 0, just behind the box seats. I bent over and picked it up. It says "Thanks for everything!!" 9-23-00 and he autographed it. It has two scuffs marks on it, probably from hitting the concrete as it pin balled around to get down to me in the lower deck. The little ball holder is kind of dusty as I haven't taken it down from the top shelf in several years.

The various Packer players also threw 4 footballs into the stands with about 50 baseballs by Brewers and maybe a few Braves. It is hard to believe that it was 18 and half years ago!

It makes up half of my baseball collection. The other one is a foul ball that I caught at the only minor league game that I have ever attended, in Syracuse at a Sky Chiefs game in the International League. The two drunk guys behind me missed it when it bounced off the back steel wall and I turned around and caught it. My sister-in-law was under her seat screaming like she had been stabbed. It was funny and embarrassing at the same time.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think my only claim to fame was being in attendance for Richard Petty's last race. Probably should have held on to the stuff I collected from the race.

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
Alliance week 6 schedule. We're into the second half of the season now, and this week it was announced that CBS has picked up two additional games to broadcast nationally as Alliance continues to be the highest rated program on CBS-SN and NFLN each week.

Saturday 3/16:
Memphis Express (1-4) @ Salt Lake Stallions (1-4) - 3:00C on B/R Live
Arizona Hotshots (2-3) @ Orlando Apollos (5-0) - 7:00C on NFLN

Sunday 3/17:
San Antonio Commanders (3-2) @ Atlanta Legends (2-3) - 3:00C on CBS-SN
Birmingham Iron (3-2) @ San Diego Fleet (3-2) - 7:00C on NFLN

Should be another awesome weekend of football!

Last edited:

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'm watching Memphis @ Salt Lake via the AAF app right now because B/R live is awful and all the youtube feeds are delayed by at least 20-30 seconds (which isn't good for live chat during the game). Anyway, the App still doesn't have commentary, but the skycam feed is crystal clear and they added a score and time overlay, so it's very watchable on the app now, in some ways better since you get all of the player chatter on the QB and coach mics. If the NHL app did something like this, i'd definitely prefer to watch games in this format.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Going to be honest I'm not a huge Vols guy but I hate UK so much that I'm all in on this game and it's living up to the billing

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Going to be honest I'm not a huge Vols guy but I hate UK so much that I'm all in on this game and it's living up to the billing

The officiating has been pretty brutal starting at around the point you posted this. Has unfortunately made the game swing a bit too far one way.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Great game. Gotta love this time of year.

When UK went up 8 late I certainly didn’t expect ut to eventually be up 4.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Calipari is the single most overrated coach on the planet in any sport. All of his teams are chokers. With the talent he has had at UK he should have at least 3 or 4 titles by now.

When one and done is gone and coaches will actually have to build teams he wont sniff the Final Four again...

Reactions: adsfan

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Calipari is the single most overrated coach on the planet in any sport. All of his teams are chokers. With the talent he has had at UK he should have at least 3 or 4 titles by now.

When one and done is gone and coaches will actually have to build teams he wont sniff the Final Four again...
He recruits elite guys and there's an expectation to win, but he's left with the ability to say there isn't enough chemistry if he doesn't win because the guys aren't there long enough. I don't hate the guy but I believe he's overrated

Reactions: adsfan

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
He recruits elite guys and there's an expectation to win, but he's left with the ability to say there isn't enough chemistry if he doesn't win because the guys aren't there long enough. I don't hate the guy but I believe he's overrated

Its absolute larceny that he makes several million more a year than Coach K

Reactions: adsfan and Drake744

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
Memphis Express lose again, 22-9 today. All of the action was in the first quarter, with a couple of Stallions scores and Zach Mettenberger got hurt on the first drive.

Brandon Silvers who started the season as the third string QB came in and looked good, but the Express just doesn't have the talent and especially the coaching to compete. Even the good defensive play from the beginning of the season is gone. Now they're basically eliminated from the playoffs, it's scary to think about how bad they can play when there's no incentive.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
SDSU is gonna lose to Utah State so that blows but if WKU wins later all will be forgotten.

This is about the only time you'll ever see me root for Western but would love to have 5 Kentucky teams in the tourney

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
San Diego has QB problems, and I don't know about San Antonio's situation being that he's from that area, but that would seem to be a ticket sales dream

San Antonio has territorial rights, but has apparently declined to claim him. So now Manziel goes into a waiver system ordered by win %. Which means Memphis gets first dibs at 1-5.

The Express might go for it since Mettenberger is rumored to be out for the season. If they don't take him, then it's possible she does make it to the Fleet because Salt Lake and Atlanta have pretty good QB's at the moment. Then Arizona is the only team before the Fleet.

Would be interesting to see how the league would handle things if all eight teams passed on him though

Edit: actually a lot could change after tomorrow, so many 2-3 and 3-2 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad