Speculation: The Official Offseason Roster Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Idk man. Saad's best three statistical seasons were 2014 (Chi), 2015 (CBJ), and 2016 (CBJ). That was 5 -7 years ago. I'd rather spend the money on Coleman and invest in youth

Outside of his first year back with CHI, Saad's consistently produced 0.55-0.66 PpG with very little variance year-over-year. His "best" seasons are only marginally better than his average throughout his career. He's a solid 50ish point player, give or take. Coleman is a year older than Saad and has not been as consistent at producing. I like Saad but the Hawks should be focusing on their youth for sure.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Caleb Jones is just another meh piece.

We have a load of garbage defensively and keep adding on more. What is the point of re-signing Stillman so early, trading for Jones, you still have Boqvist, Murphy, Mitchell, Beaudin, etc in the mix and also looking to add another piece. De Haan might be back next year. Just weird. Not to mention Zadorov, Kalynuk also!

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
How much value do you think he has? If we are talking draft pick wise, I wouldn’t even give up our 3rd rounder for him. 4th? Sure I guess.
If you average his entire time in Chicago, he's been a 55 pt/82 player. That has value.

Even over the last 2 years, that we consider down seasons he's still averaging 46 pts/82.

At worst, he's a middle 6 offensive 2C.

You can break Strome's production down into two categories.

1st 98 games: 81 pts

Since: 25 pts.

He has 156 games in a Hawks uni.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
What I'm hearing about Max Shalunov and the rest of the Blackhawks' offseason

Recap:
1. The Hawks are trying to trade Shalunov's rights
2. The Hawks are in no hurry to re-sign Zadorov, but he is expected to re-sign eventually. The Hawks are going to wait until more contracts come in. They do not want to overpay.
3. The Hawks actually like Caleb Jones on his own.
4. The Hawks are not interested in Ryan Suter
5. This is me reading between the lines a bit, but it seems the Hawks and Jackets have hit a snag in trade talks for Seth Jones. Jarmo probably asking for the moon and then some.
1: That sucks
2: Good
3: Meh
4: Good
5: Good

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Yeah, I have no interest in signing Zadorov to an even mid-level deal, especially one with term on it. I'd rather lose him for nothing.

Also have very little interest in a significant package for Jones.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Caleb Jones is just another meh piece.

We have a load of garbage defensively and keep adding on more. What is the point of re-signing Stillman so early, trading for Jones, you still have Boqvist, Murphy, Mitchell, Beaudin, etc in the mix and also looking to add another piece. De Haan might be back next year. Just weird. Not to mention Zadorov, Kalynuk also!

can say this about the bottom 6 forwards too...theres just a lot of middling pieces in general on the team

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Ok guys, what would you do if they strike out on Hamilton, assuming that the cost to acquire Jones is prohibitive?

I like Alec Martinez depending on the cost. If they sat pat I wouldn't be too upset, but it'd be a huge disappointment if they don't get Jones or Hamilton. They shouldn't sign someone for the sake of signing someone.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Landeskog would be an incredible add to the locker room. You still have Kane and Toews in there, but he wouldn't be a a bad addition with all the veteran attrition in recent years. However, to me RW is a bigger need than LW, but I would definitely sign Landy for the right price. I think I'd do something like 7 years between $7-7.5M. He's no Eichel, but he costs a hell of a lot less. I doubt it happens though. Sounds like St. Louis is ready to pounce.

Can you imagine...

Landeskog - Toews - Kane
Debrincat - Kurashev - Hagel
Kubalik - Dach - Reichel

That's a cup winning forward group.

On d, we could still add an 8mil guy, but the rest would be Murphy + kids.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Is he the unquestioned leader? I mean, he's been there the longest with Johnson but pretty sure that's Mac, Rantanen and Makar's team now.

Hyman and Landeskog are the same age.

I guess you're right on age. Hyman just turned 29 in June and Landy turns 29 in November.

However, yes on the leadership front. Gabe is their unquestioned leader and captain. He stepped up on Schenn when he lit up Rantanen as the most recent example.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
If you average his entire time in Chicago, he's been a 55 pt/82 player. That has value.

Even over the last 2 years, that we consider down seasons he's still averaging 46 pts/82.

At worst, he's a middle 6 offensive 2C.

You can break Strome's production down into two categories.

1st 98 games: 81 pts

Since: 25 pts.

He has 156 games in a Hawks uni.
What you have in him is a defensively challenged center whose game is currently on a downward trajectory. Factor in absolutely dreadful wheels and no will to improve them.

Honestly, what do you think that is worth?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
No to Landeskog. His body won’t last.

I’d consider on a 7 year deal. You can probably expect 3-4 very good years he’s worth his pay. Hope the last 3-4 years are playable… but if his body doesn’t let them just LTIR him and problem solved.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
What I'm hearing about Max Shalunov and the rest of the Blackhawks' offseason

Recap:
1. The Hawks are trying to trade Shalunov's rights
2. The Hawks are in no hurry to re-sign Zadorov, but he is expected to re-sign eventually. The Hawks are going to wait until more contracts come in. They do not want to overpay.
3. The Hawks actually like Caleb Jones on his own.
4. The Hawks are not interested in Ryan Suter
5. This is me reading between the lines a bit, but it seems the Hawks and Jackets have hit a snag in trade talks for Seth Jones. Jarmo probably asking for the moon and then some.

Just to clarify a bit here.

1. The Hawks aren't trying to trade Shalunov's rights. They've given his agent permission to speak to other teams to gauge interest, out of respect to Shalunov bc they aren't sure whether or not he figures into their plans right now.
2. The Hawks and Zadorov's camp haven't talked contract in weeks. Hawks may wait for other dmen to sign before setting the market. Source expected Hawks to re-sign him.
3. Yep. Source believed "too much hype" around the Jones brother connection with CHI.
4. Yep.
5. See 3.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
One can guarantee that Stan is eyeing Suter but I was impressed by Cernak in this year's playoffs. I would love to have him at the right price tag.

With 2 years left on his team friendly 3 year deal and still being RFA afterwards, Cernak is the dead last Bolt to go anywhere...besides the ones with NMC's of course.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Just to clarify a bit here.

1. The Hawks aren't trying to trade Shalunov's rights. They've given his agent permission to speak to other teams to gauge interest, out of respect to Shalunov bc they aren't sure whether or not he figures into their plans right now.
2. The Hawks and Zadorov's camp haven't talked contract in weeks. Hawks may wait for other dmen to sign before setting the market. Source expected Hawks to re-sign him.
3. Yep. Source believed "too much hype" around the Jones brother connection with CHI.
4. Yep.
5. See 3.

For number one, I read it as the Hawks have no room for Shalunov but they'll be happy to do him a solid and trade him if someone else is interested. They even said they're not looking for much in return. If his agend can find a suitor they'll move him for a nominal fee.

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
If Stan includes Dach in a trade for Seth Jones I would reflexively consider how important following hockey is for me going forward. (Knowing I wouldn’t start cheering for another team).

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
Hawks should offer Dylan Strome to leafs for the rights to Zac Hyman from the leafs .Hawks can sign Zac Hyman for 4.5 / 5 mil a year and the leafs get a quality forward in Dylan Strome for 3 mil a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad