Euro: The Official 2024 Euro Germany Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins?

• Germany

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Spain

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • France

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Netherlands

• Belgium

• Portugal

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Portugal feels like good value +750 to win and +320 to make the final. We've got the third best odds for both, but noeither are too juicy.

Although I kinda like Austria +2500 to make the final,

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Despite the betting lines, who is in your heart?

England is the odds on favorite, but no one seems to be favoring them here. I might be like you. They have to finally win something in order for me to no longer have doubts.

One day they might win something...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Despite the betting lines, who is in your heart?

England is the odds on favorite, but no one seems to be favoring them here. I might be like you. They have to finally win something in order for me to no longer have doubts.

One day they might win something...

Given Portugal's issues and how banged up France is, we'll probably pull it out of our ass.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No matter what state Germany is in you can always count on CGF fancying their chances.

France is the favourite but a number of teams can go on a run.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No matter what state Germany is in you can always count on CGF fancying their chances.

This joke structure might work if the German NT didn't have the third best odds to win at the moment...England +300, France +340, Germany +430...or if I had said we had a chance to win any senior NT tournament since 2018...

...you know what; it might be a while until you get to celebrate a NT trophy again. So I'll just let you have this one, good to have you back!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Portugal for me. I like a lot their team

If not for Martinez and Ronaldo, I'd be putting a lot more on Portugal +750 to win.

Really like that team on paper, but an inferior manager and grandpa grumbling scares me off. If CR7 was cool coming off the bench, and they had Nagelsmann...or even Tedesco...instead of Martinez, I'd be hammering that bet.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This joke structure might work if the German NT didn't have the third best odds to win at the moment...England +300, France +340, Germany +430...or if I had said we had a chance to win any senior NT tournament since 2018...

...you know what; it might be a while until you get to celebrate a NT trophy again. So I'll just let you have this one, good to have you back!
I don't know it seems like any time leading up to a tournament I see you chest thumping. With Naggelsaman in charge I expect Germany to be a lot better and improve on their previous tournaments but that isnt hard.

2 months is a while? Thanks :)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't know it seems like any time leading up to a tournament I see you chest thumping. With Naggelsaman in charge I expect Germany to be a lot better and improve on their previous tournaments but that isnt hard.

2 months is a while?

Perspective's a funny thing. The last two tournaments I was hoping to get out of the group while playing some decent football; which to you seemed like me thumping my chest but to me just felt like a realistic assessment of a talented team that was awful defensively lol.

Is that because I didn't start whining about how awful everything is just because we didn't add yet another star to our shirt? The next stars will come soon enough :dunno:

Touche, I meant to say "major NT trophy" :sarcasm:

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

I actually think England has a legitimate chance to win it. France are my favourites as well, but we always see upsets and every team has a 4.2% chance of winning it.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I have rematch of the 2016 final but with France beating Portugal this time

From quarters onwards
Germany def. Spain
Portugal def. Ukraine
France def. Belgium
England def. Croatia

Portugal def. Germany
France def. England

France def. Portugal

In terms of surprises, I have Ukraine making the quarters beating the Dutch in the R16, Italy go out in the R16 as well

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
gonna have to sit down with a match-by-match bracket so i can have the best third place teams, ugh. makes predictions way more of a pain.

betting odds are responsive to betting trends, though - wouldn't shock me if that was in part driven by casual gambling addicts in the US who think 'oh germany win tournaments!' and putting down on them.

i'm having a hard time predicting germany. i think they could go to the semis. i also think they could lose in r16 to the group c runner-up.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
gonna have to sit down with a match-by-match bracket so i can have the best third place teams, ugh. makes predictions way more of a pain.

betting odds are responsive to betting trends, though - wouldn't shock me if that was in part driven by casual gambling addicts in the US who think 'oh germany win tournaments!' and putting down on them.

i'm having a hard time predicting germany. i think they could go to the semis. i also think they could lose in r16 to the group c runner-up.

Oh for sure, but those same addicts didn’t juice our odds before Qatar :dunno:

And I won’t be surprised by anything. Whether that’s us going out in the group stages or winning it all.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lyndon Dykes is out of the tournament for Scotland; so unless they are taking four goalies, Ben Doak just made the roster for the Euros. Pretty cool for him. Missed most of the season injured but the talent is obviously there. He will be one of the youngest players at the tournament

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I would pick England but know they will bottle it on pens again.

Picking France to win it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad