GDT: The NHL Awards are tonight

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
So Alfredsson is presenting the Calder, either killing the suspense of one of the few awards still up in the air, or playing the most cruel joke on Sens fans. Either way, weird decision?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So Alfredsson is presenting the Calder, either killing the suspense of one of the few awards still up in the air, or playing the most cruel joke on Sens fans. Either way, weird decision?

Well Alfredsson has already won the Calder trophy in the past, so it makes sense that he would present it.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
They really need to get Norm Macdonald to host this. Canadian hockey fan and can turn any train wreck into gold.

SenatorArmy*

I will watch but not because it has any entertainment value. But because I am Canadian and I live, breathe and sleep hockey. Because I'd like to see Andrew Hammond, Karlsson & Stone bring home the respective trophies they rightfully deserve.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO

FWIW, Messier presented the Hart Trophy in 2006. I thought that was a sure-fire sign that Jagr was going to win it. Nope - Joe Thornton.

I wouldn't read too much into it, other than an extremely popular player and former winner is presenting.

Mynameismark*

i dont care
i wont watch
they only attract c and d list celebrities

it doesn't make the event seem important

Who gives a ****? I dont watch the show but not because of this. Yeah, Brad Pitt or some a lister is really gonna make me watch when I'm not gonna watch for guys like Subban and Price etc...guys who make the sport what it is.

When they are in the building for Hockey awards....it's the players who are the celebs. Not some actor scrub.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm super unimpressed with how the MGM grand handled the red carpet. At the Wynn I made it with 30 minutes to go and found an okay spot. This time the line apparently filled up at 10 in the morning.

So no meeting players.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
how would Karlsson be robbed? Subban put up 60 pts (6 less than Karlsson) while having much better defensive statistics.
No mention of him playing with another 50 point dman though,to get him that close

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
No mention of him playing with another 50 point dman though,to get him that close

You forgot to mention that Karlsson was atrocious for 1/3 of the season, guess that slipped your mind like Markov slipped his? It happens, we understand. I would also like to add that his season turned around when Methot returned, but he doesn't get a lot of points so it doesn't count like Markov, right?

It still baffles the mind that Giordano misses a 1/3 of the season but was unbelievable for 2/3, yet Karlsson plays horrendous for 1/3 of the season (might as well have missed it) and great for 2/3 and is a finalist.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
You forgot to mention that Karlsson was atrocious for 1/3 of the season, guess that slipped your mind like Markov slipped his? It happens, we understand. I would also like to add that his season turned around when Methot returned, but he doesn't get a lot of points so it doesn't count like Markov, right?

It still baffles the mind that Giordano misses a 1/3 of the season but was unbelievable for 2/3, yet Karlsson plays horrendous for 1/3 of the season (might as well have missed it) and great for 2/3 and is a finalist.
Look at pk,s offensive numbers away from Markov .Then look at him with ,say what you want but without him. He doesnt get anywhere close to 60 points .And we all know he wont win on defense alone

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Come one now, you should know that recency effect plays a huge part here.

These voters are human after all. Humans are more likely to remember recent events then what happened many months ago. Not saying this is the case for everyone, but i wouldn't be surprised if most of the voters remember the second half of the season more than the 1st half of the season.

If recency effect wasn't involved here, then Forsberg would have been nominated instead of Stone.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Look at pk,s offensive numbers away from Markov .Then look at him with ,say what you want but without him. He doesnt get anywhere close to 60 points .And we all know he wont win on defense alone

Like that time Subban won the norris playing with Bouillon and Gorges?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Come one now, you should know that recency effect plays a huge part here.

These voters are human after all. Humans are more likely to remember recent events then what happened many months ago. Not saying this is the case for everyone, but i wouldn't be surprised if most of the voters remember the second half of the season more than the 1st half of the season.

Well Bob MacKenzie voted for Giordano to win the Norris and Friedman voted for Doughty, so it's not necessarily all voting for 'what have you done for me lately.' The problem is the sheep who get their ballot in the mail and only watch their local teams.

Oh well. I don't think Subban will win, nor do I think he was the best this season. Therefore, out of the three finalists, I hope Doughty wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad