NHL Entry Draft: The Next Ones Mitdterm Edition Mock Draft

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
If the Canes take a D in the top-7 of this draft, I fear Raleigh may burn...or would if it were more of a hockey city.

They quite simply don't need another defense prospect under any circumstance...what are they going to do, put Juolevi at RW? They have a singular need system-wide for wings. It's a waste to use a top-10 pick on a LHD when we already have Hanifin and Fleury...we don't need to go 3-deep with projected 1D on the left-side.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
12. Ottawa Senators: Julien Gauthier, RW, Val-d’Or (QMJHL)

Size. Shot. Skating. A offensive power forward’s hat trick of goodness. 30 goals in just 32 games played thus far.

Love the pick at 12

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Here's my latest in depth mock draft, complete with a simulation of the lottery.

- Yes, the 1st overall pick lands in Alberta...

- Auston "Powers" to the 'centre of the hockey universe?!

The stars are aligning to make this one crazy mock:

http://thehockeywriters.com/2016-nhl-mock-draft-the-next-ones-midterm-edition/

Go ahead, mock my mock...

Cheers,
Chris

I think any mock that doesn't have Matthews going first overall is flawed. You take BPA regardless of positional need.

Then, to add to that, you draft positional need for the Flames over BPA and then ignore positional need for the Jets at number 6, who have Kyle Connor and Nik Ehlers as high-end winger prospects, but only one LHD prospect worth discussing.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Puljujärvi 1st overall in Calgary Flames are you kidding me?.
As a Finnish perspective i wanna see either of those 2 Finnish wingers to go 1st.

But it won't happen this summer.
Matthews is and stays 1st overall.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Not that any player drafted after the top 5 is a sure thing, but why would the Wings draft DeBrincat over Krys, a highly talented defenseman, in order to address their need to develop more defensemen? BPA just doesn't cut it there, and the selection doesn't address an area of need.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Hey this one went for the gusto and put his team first in the "random" lottery

The odds are incredible around here. Ottawa fan gets Sens to 2... 2 Leafs fans get Leafs to 2... Flames fan gets Flames to 1.

Guys should be playing the actual lottery

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
Vancouver would take Dubois over Jones, actually Benning might take Jones......but I would prefer Dubois at 10 if the draft fell that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad