The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
This one needs to be revived I think.

I was wondering what took it so long...

the biggest negative of all of this is they played well enough for long enough to truly get our hopes up...

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Stealing from the greatest collapse in NHL history thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUU4-JKfB_o

Its ll abut perspective we are on a losing streak. Things could be a lot worse.
I'll always remember this for a different reason than most. At the time, I was working a job where I would be working during a lot of the games, if I worked that day. I remember that night my phone started getting flooded with missed calls and confusing texts obviously about the game but I didn't know what was going on. Keep in mind this was during the infancy of being able to check things online through your phone, so I kept refreshing the score, seeing that we had a 1 goal lead but the clock wouldn't change. I figured this many people wouldn't be calling me about something like broken glass so it was an uneasy little bit of time there. I had to assume something bad had happened.

Part of me always wondered what would've happened if that scoring chance seconds before they stopped play actually went in. It would've been really loud and there would've been even more mass confusion. People wouldn't have known what was going on or maybe even noticed for a bit .......

Last edited:

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
we are a really bad hockey team... gonna get swept by whoever is lucky enough to draw us in round 1

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I've really tried to stay positive about it but you know what, they are just sucking ass. They have zero excuse for losing the SJ game other than just ******** the bed and not putting the puck in the net. Its not the coach, its not the system, its not being tired, they are just sucking ass.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
we are a really bad hockey team... gonna get swept by whoever is lucky enough to draw us in round 1

The thing is they have been bad against both good and bad teams. They stand to lose against LA and ANA which puts them 1-9 over their last 10. I just don't see how they can magically flip a switch with so little season left and be nothing but a 1st round loser.

Also, and tell me if there are any, but I don't see any big-time centers hitting the FA market. So Poile would need to trade for one, but our 1st round pick was already used for a couple of scrubs who are out of here once the playoffs are over. Their glaring need most likely still will be just that next season as well.

And my negativity is so palpable it is time to step away from here. Toodles.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The thing is they have been bad against both good and bad teams. They stand to lose against LA and ANA which puts them 1-9 over their last 10. I just don't see how they can magically flip a switch with so little season left and be nothing but a 1st round loser.

Also, and tell me if there are any, but I don't see any big-time centers hitting the FA market. So Poile would need to trade for one, but our 1st round pick was already used for a couple of scrubs who are out of here once the playoffs are over. Their glaring need most likely still will be just that next season as well.

And my negativity is so palpable it is time to step away from here. Toodles.
It doesn't matter because no big-time free agent is coming here anytime soon unless some weird cosmic event happens.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Players are playing like trash, but Lavy not getting enough blame at this point. Zero excuse for this team potentially going 1-9 over this stretch, which is looking increasing likely. If teams tend to peak during the first year of Lavy's tenure, I am incredibly discouraged, it's going to be a long couple of seasons.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Yep, playing like a Trotz led game of muckers hoping the other team somehow kicks it into their own goal so we can maybe eek out a 1-0 win.

Honestly this has been the whole season. Absent the first few weeks with FF9 Ribs and Neal carrying the load then another spurt when Fish came back. The inability to put more than one dangerous line out there on any given night has caught up to the team. Good teams can now shut down one line and the Preds just roll over. Rinne and the Defense Rinne mostly secured a bunch of one goal games Until Rinne went down. Now the 1 goal games are going the other way. The 3rd line has been the biggest "Black Hole" on the team all season.

At this point im sick of seeing players skating 900 mhp and being credited as legit NHL players. Jarnkrok, Stalberg, Borque have been terrible and someone has flipped the off switch on Smith and Wilson yet again. Yeah yeah yeah they both have 20 goals big damn deal neither are scoring the important goals now. Neal is the typical hot cold sniper but he Ribs and FF have been getting Mauled over the last 15 to 20 games by other teams shutdown lines. The entire team has been horrid along the boards for the most part of the year. Unless they can forecheck and control the puck there just a poor team. If they get into a grind type game they are exposed.

The good thing from the Sharks game Jones did not brain fart leading to at least one goal. Sat and Sun is going to be painful if this team continues the cutesy play even though the Ducks have had there struggles of recent. The Kings are now back on track and playing with purpose.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I am not impressed at all with Franson. Since the trade the Preds have been awful! I would rather have AV back in the lineup. We are being bullied, pushed around, manhandled or what ever word you want to use right now. Not playing like a team, a lot of 1 on 1 stuff, passes are bad, very frustrating! If we make the playoffs, I don't know who I would like to play in the first round. Don't want to play Chicago or St. Louis, LA, San Jose, I just don't know who we match up better against at this moment.

deansredhalo

May 5, 2012
Volchenkov

He might be more of an integral piece that we all thought. The team defense and overall slide began right around the time he was placed on IR. He's really the one lone stay-at-home Dman on the roster and certainly the most physical outside of Weber. We seem to be loaded with Dmen who want to get up the ice and play offense, yet none of them outside of Weber (and Josi, to a lesser extent) seem particularly strong as actual defenders. They are too small or too weak or too young and prone to mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad