OT: The Music Thread: Part IX - RIP Classic Rock 92.9 WBOS-FM

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Stephen says don't take any wooden nickels but do sail on a wooden ship.

It is all wood!
1722782337319.png

1722782546821.png

1722782607167.png

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I never really got into OMD, but what I heard, I liked. My architect brother Bob was a fan back in the '80s. Probably still is.
definitely won`t be everyone`s cup of tea. The documentary is super interesting, they were never setting out to conquer the music world, they thought they`d be far too weird for the mainstream to really get into, pretty humble dudes

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Love the Eagles. But, they were never easy to like.

You two are forcing me to post some Eagles and Eagles related tunes. As I am at work at present, there will be a brief respite.

Even so, a promise is a promise. The tunes will follow.
haha, still won`t change my mind but go ahead friend. I actually had more appreciation for the solo efforts of the Eagles than their material when they were in the band, especially Joe Walsh

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
haha, still won`t change my mind but go ahead friend. I actually had more appreciation for the solo efforts of the Eagles than their material when they were in the band, especially Joe Walsh

It's amazing that guy is still alive.

When Walsh joined the Eagles in 1975 -- his debut was Hotel California -- he made an immediate impact on their sound, bringing a bit of silliness to previously solemn proceedings, and, as important, first-rate, muscular lead guitar. He made them a rock n' roll band in a way they had never been before.

The result was one of the greatest selling albums ever released and a defining cultural touchstone of 1970s America.

Hotel California (1976), like much of the Eagles output, still stands up today.

There are many reasons for this; chief among them rigorously tight musicianship, consummate songwriting, superior lyrics, and pristine recording production.

Example inflictions to follow.

definitely won`t be everyone`s cup of tea. The documentary is super interesting, they were never setting out to conquer the music world, they thought they`d be far too weird for the mainstream to really get into, pretty humble dudes
Will check.

Reactions: jgatie

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
My son is obsessed with this album. We literally listen to it every day, and have done so for about the last six months. In the car, at home. As a consequence, I’m learning more about Wilson. He’s an interesting dude, to say the least.
To say Brian Wilson is an interesting dude is to understate the matter considerably.

He is a straight up pop music genius.

As a singer, songwriter, arranger and producer, few are his equal.

"Music 🎶 is the voice of God," Wilson
once said.

If the language is divine, Brian is a phenomenal interpreter who gave the world a glimpse of heaven.

All of this while contending with a bum right ear, an overbearing, abusive father, and lifelong mental illness.

It's a hell of a story,

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium