OT: The Music Thread: Part IX - RIP Classic Rock 92.9 WBOS-FM

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
The Train started Rolling in Boston but stopped in Detroit for the guitars.

Hunter and Wagner the Rock and Roll Animals

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I've both met him and know people who have close relations with Steven Tyler and have experienced/heard nothing but good things. Gracious, generous, and one of the sweetest guys you will ever meet.

Joe Perry on the other hand . . .
Is that right?

My vague understanding was that he, like many lead singers, is a major prima donna. If that's not the case, great.

I know nothing of Joe Perry other than the addiction business. We did see The Joe Perry Project in '85, I think, when Aerosmith had briefly disbanded. Bayside Expo.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

Live albums don't do much for me, but assuming this is the live version of "Sweet Jane" they used to play ▶️ on BCN, it's my favorite.

Cowboy Junkies - remember them? - recorded an interesting version as well.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Only Eagles song I truly like a lot
Love the Eagles. But, they were never easy to like.

never been an Eagles fan either, Life in the Fast Lane is my fav of theirs
You two are forcing me to post some Eagles and Eagles related tunes. As I am at work at present, there will be a brief respite.

Even so, a promise is a promise. The tunes will follow.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I've both met him and know people who have close relations with Steven Tyler and have experienced/heard nothing but good things. Gracious, generous, and one of the sweetest guys you will ever meet.

Joe Perry on the other hand . . .
I did not see Wally's post, and I posted before learning the reason behind their permanent retirement from touring.

My apologies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

𝓑𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓘'𝓶 𝓪 𝓼𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓮𝓻
𝓑𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓪 𝔀𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓶𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓰𝓮
𝓑𝓪𝓫𝔂, 𝓘'𝓶 𝓪 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓮𝓻
𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭 𝓶𝔂 𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓰𝓮

I never did get to see them play live.

Aerosmith announced their permanent retirement yesterday and canceled all remaining shows. I had tickets to see them play in upstate New York several years back, but the tour was canceled after Steven Tyler flung himself off stage and separated his shoulder.

I guess it just wasn’t meant to be.

Music can have a profound impact on one’s life. For me, music has always spoken to me in a special way, and I’ve been able to connect with people and events through song lyrics.

I’ve had friends and colleagues be amazed at how I can think of a song lyrics on the spot that perfectly encapsulates a given situation. Sometimes people don’t know what the hell I’m talking about, and I get that.

In the case of Aerosmith, they’ll always represent the bond between a father and a son and how music plays a part in that story. I spent a lot of nights listening to “Get Your Wings” and “Rocks” on my parents’ record player.

Those are happy memories.
IMG_1561.jpeg

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Co-founder, songwriter, lead vocalist, and guitar guru of legendary '80's post-punk band Husker Du, Bob Mould,

From the album of the same name (1990),

Formed Sugar in the early '90s.

Copper Blue 💙 (1992),

One of my all-time favorite songs.

Play at maximum volume,

"The Slim,"

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Co-founder, songwriter, lead vocalist, and guitar guru of legendary '80's post-punk band Husker Du, Bob Mould,

Copper Blue 💙 (1992),

Play at maximum volume,

"The Slim,"

Husker Du is one of my all time favorite bands. As a kid growing up in the Midwest in the 70s and early 80s, they were my little secret. The first Punk Rock show I ever saw was them playing at the 7th St Entry in Minneapolis, around 1984.

Little known Bob Mould Fact: He wrote the theme song for the Daily Show on Comedy Central. Its called Dog on Fire.....My oldest son used to dance to it when he was just learning to walk. Here's the original version. I wish Comedy Central hadn't f***ed it up..

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Husker Du is one of my all time favorite bands. As a kid growing up in the Midwest in the early 80s, they were my little secret. The first Punk Rock show I ever saw was them playing at the 7th St Entry in Minneapolis, around 84-85.

Little known Bob Mould Fact: He wrote the theme song for the Daily Show on Comedy Central. Its called Dog on Fire.....and my oldest son used to dance to it when he was just learning to walk. Here's the original version. I wish Comedy Central hadn't f***ed it up..

Thank you.

I was aware but not familiar with Husker Du at the time.

I bought Songbook when it came out, and was disappointed.

Loved Black Sheets of Rain and Copper Blue.

Big fan of The Replacements.

Saw them at the Opera House here in Boston. Don't Tell a Soul, their last, sad gasp.

PS All Shook Down (1990), Paul Westerberg's solo debut in all but name, is a great record too,

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017

Copper Blue 💙 (1992),

Play at maximum volume,

"The Slim,"

i loved husker du but never saw them. I did see sugar at the Warfield in san Fran in the early 90's. that was a great band live!

Reactions: GordonHowe

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3