OT: The Music Thread: Part IX - RIP Classic Rock 92.9 WBOS-FM

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023

Goodbye Jerry, we'll take good care of Beulah for you.

Reactions: Blowfish

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

Goodbye Jerry, we'll take good care of Beulah for you.

I actually don't know anything about Moby Grape. My hazy understanding is that they were pretty heavy, like pre heavy metal heavy. Is that right?

Here's a blast from the past: Strawberry Alarm Clock. I have no idea what kind of music they played, either. I'm guessing not nursery rhymes. Then again, perhaps nursery rhymes and a lame psychedelic light show.

What's that you say, you have a hankering for Procol Harum?

Why, I have just the thing,

Last edited:

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023

. As Mike Vernon admits, when the new Bluesbreakers lineup pitched up at Decca Studios in October 1966 to record A Hard Road, he struggled to believe this 19-year-old nonentity could fill Clapton’s hallowed shoes. “I noticed an amplifier I had never seen before,” recalls the producer, “so I said to John, ‘Where’s Eric Clapton?’ Mayall says: ‘He’s not with us anymore, but don’t worry, we’ve got someone better’.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
My first concert was S & G in Central Park. No joke, we were at least ten or fifteen blocks from the stage and there were still hundreds of thousands of people behind us.
Wow. 1980? 1982?

I know Simon was not pleased about the sound on several levels.

PS they still do Shakespeare in Central Park, I believe. Boston has been following that tradition over the last 10 to 15 years in the Common. I'm not certain what the show is this summer.

I've been to three, I believe.

Can't beat the Bard.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad