THE GREATEST PRO WRESTLING MATCHES OF ALL TIME

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah the iron man match might have been better then Brooklyn, I think what hurts it was it being I'm Full Sail and Brooklyn being the high emotional payoff to Bayley's story (and of course the history aspect to Brooklyn)

Idk if it's an all timer, but a match that at least deserves some more discussion is Sasha vs Bayley HIAC. No crowds hurt that match, but it was still really good and the two of them were doing A++ character work without crowds for close to a year at that point.

That Asuka vs Ember match was an all-timer for sure.

Becky vs Charlotte LWS might be the best main roster women's match WWE has put on. Bianca's two Mania matches against Sasha and Becky along with Charlotte vs Rhea at Mania 39 are also up there.

Britt vs Thunder has to be the most noteworthy AEW women's match.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rhea vs. Charlotte at Wrestlemania 39 is definitely in there.

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Just my 2 cents but it seems to often people on places like this put to much stock into workrate. If I was making my list of what makes a great match the 2 biggest thing for me would be

1) crowd reaction/atmostpshere
2) storyline/buildup to such a match

Sure workrate my play a little into it but how many matches if you based it solely on workrate would go from being a all time classic to a dud(Hogan-Andre Wrestlemania 3 comes to mind)

Reactions: BruinDust

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Just my 2 cents but it seems to often people on places like this put to much stock into workrate. If I was making my list of what makes a great match the 2 biggest thing for me would be

1) crowd reaction/atmostpshere
2) storyline/buildup to such a match

Sure workrate my play a little into it but how many matches if you based it solely on workrate would go from being a all time classic to a dud(Hogan-Andre Wrestlemania 3 comes to mind)
Yeah that translates to sports as well. The greatest games are not generally where the most skill or impressive technical moments took place. They generally have high stakes, huge crowd investment, and lots of drama, plus skill. Wrestling is the same.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Looking at these are always interesting I was and am still not a classic wrestling watcher

I grew up watching ECW and FMW then CZW and XPW and now other indie death feds

So my favorite matches are probably not up to par with everyone elses

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah the iron man match might have been better then Brooklyn, I think what hurts it was it being I'm Full Sail and Brooklyn being the high emotional payoff to Bayley's story (and of course the history aspect to Brooklyn)

Idk if it's an all timer, but a match that at least deserves some more discussion is Sasha vs Bayley HIAC. No crowds hurt that match, but it was still really good and the two of them were doing A++ character work without crowds for close to a year at that point.

That Asuka vs Ember match was an all-timer for sure.

Becky vs Charlotte LWS might be the best main roster women's match WWE has put on. Bianca's two Mania matches against Sasha and Becky along with Charlotte vs Rhea at Mania 39 are also up there.

Britt vs Thunder has to be the most noteworthy AEW women's match.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bret vs. Austin at the 1996 Survivor Series doesn't get enough credit for how good it was. I'd argue it's better than their WM 13 match but it doesn't have that great double turn so it gets overlooked. Arguably the best match EVER at MSG. Two master story-tellers at or near the peak of their wrestling ability.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Bret vs. Austin at the 1996 Survivor Series doesn't get enough credit for how good it was. I'd argue it's better than their WM 13 match but it doesn't have that great double turn so it gets overlooked. Arguably the best match EVER at MSG. Two master story-tellers at or near the peak of their wrestling ability.

An incredible match I agree. Technically speaking it’s damn near perfect. One of the most underrated matches ever because as you said their WM13 classic gets so much hype(deservedly).

Reactions: BruinDust

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I’ve been updating and revising my initial list after exploring further and taking into account several suggestions and outside opinions. So many incredible matches out there I had never seen before. The new list will be much more extensive and I should have it ready within the next week or so.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve been updating and revising my initial list after exploring further and taking into account several suggestions and outside opinions. So many incredible matches out there I had never seen before. The new list will be much more extensive and I should have it ready within the next week or so.
If you’re on a journey, don’t end it just because.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad