Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Shootout

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
The stafford hate is getting a little ridiculous. I guess some people only care about if someone scores or not.

Same reason why some don't like Larsson, some didn't like Hecht, some don't like Psysk etc.....

If they are not putting up points they are useless :loony:

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I guess I am down on Stafford because of my expectations. The Sabres gave him a very good contract based on him scoring 30 goals in a season. Good luck getting half that now that he has his money. He still seems to working hard but guys will skate themselves silly for minimum wage to play in the NHL so why pay 5 times that-guaranteed no less- for the same result?

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I think some people get confused between "overpaid" and "he sucks." Yes, he is paid like someone who scores more goals, so in that sense, his play is disappointing. However, since none of us are paying his salary and we are not up against the cap, what difference does it make? He is still a useful player when he is not scoring. Overpaid, but useful. Disappointing, but useful. Get it?

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Honestly, who cares how he's paid? None of us is paying his salary and his salary isn't preventing the Sabres from improving the team. It's just such a non-issue at this point in time.

Because they shouldn't be making a ****-ton of money if they suck pond scum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad