Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Shootout

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
I ain't even mad, helps for the tank. Only 1 point. This season continues to be a disappointment. Maybe Nolan won't be offered a contract at the end of the season. He might get the intern tag off but he needs to be offered a contract

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Sounds like other than watching Girgs work ethic and the Phaeneuf punch out, this one isn't really worth waiting up to watch.

Thanks…. This shows that the GBU's still add a lot of value!:nod:

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I ain't even mad, helps for the tank. Only 1 point. This season continues to be a disappointment. Maybe Nolan won't be offered a contract at the end of the season. He might get the intern tag off but he needs to be offered a contract

I've been a tank commander since before the season started, but I'd have been thrilled with a win over the Leafs. A shootout loss? No sir, that crap is getting old. Same crap happened under Rolston last season where the team wasn't any better but they got more loser points and rose in the standings. I'm glad to see them scrap it out at the end of games but these overtime losses don't make anyone happy.

Fantastic stuff from Zemgus, great to see. Myers continues to improve. He's been the team's best defenseman on balance this season. Ehrhoff's checked out. If D'ags wasn't hurt anyhow I'd absolutely scratch Leino to reinsert Omark. There are no more excuses for Leino, he's reached bum status. This is a (marginally) different team with Cody on the bench. He's the only guy you ever really feel will be able to manufacture offense. I'd put Omark with him and see what happens.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
G: Girgensons is the real deal! It's amazing to watch his development.
Myers. Dominant.
Ennis.
Miller.
Moulson.
Ellis.
Hodgson.

B: Stafford, per usual.
Defensive breakdown.
A couple of turnovers too many.

U: Leino's contract. Can we please just give him his money and a one-way ticket to a destination of his choice?
Randy Carlisle.
The diving princess.
Scott robbed off a goal. Hold it with that whistle, ref, the woodchopper's still chopping! ;)

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Fantastic stuff from Zemgus, great to see. Myers continues to improve. He's been the team's best defenseman on balance this season. Ehrhoff's checked out. If D'ags wasn't hurt anyhow I'd absolutely scratch Leino to reinsert Omark. There are no more excuses for Leino, he's reached bum status. This is a (marginally) different team with Cody on the bench. He's the only guy you ever really feel will be able to manufacture offense. I'd put Omark with him and see what happens.

All of this. Ehrhoff is starting to worry me. We've got a lot of years left on his contract, and from what I understand there's a penalty if he doesn't see it through. Seven more years of what I've seen from him lately isn't intriguing. Is it time to panic and use the other buy-out on him? (The first has Leino's name on it off course?)

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
All of this. Ehrhoff is starting to worry me. We've got a lot of years left on his contract, and from what I understand there's a penalty if he doesn't see it through. Seven more years of what I've seen from him lately isn't intriguing. Is it time to panic and use the other buy-out on him? (The first has Leino's name on it off course?)

It needs to be discussed. Tim Murray, his new cap guru (whoever it is), and company need to look at the cost-benefit of keeping Ehrhoff. Obviously, keeping him for the next 2 seasons would be huge. Beyond that, is it such a big deal? Then 5 years from now, you'd almost assume they'd want to buy him out. There are two things to weigh, one being the risk if he retires, the earlier the worse. Second is what kind of player are we getting, is it worth the risk if he's just going to be a second-pairing calibre player for the next few years?

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I've been a tank commander since before the season started, but I'd have been thrilled with a win over the Leafs. A shootout loss? No sir, that crap is getting old. Same crap happened under Rolston last season where the team wasn't any better but they got more loser points and rose in the standings. I'm glad to see them scrap it out at the end of games but these overtime losses don't make anyone happy.

Agree with all of this. Leino is just garbage right now. I don't even want him on my tank team. I'd seriously consider waiving his butt to Rochester. Maybe he can help them. Would much rather see Omark, Larsson, Porter or Adam in his place. Or just double-shift Zemgus again!

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
G: Girgensons is the real deal! It's amazing to watch his development.
Myers. Dominant.
Ennis.
Miller.
Moulson.
Ellis.
Hodgson.

B: Stafford, per usual.
Defensive breakdown.
A couple of turnovers too many.

U: Leino's contract. Can we please just give him his money and a one-way ticket to a destination of his choice?
Randy Carlisle.
The diving princess.
Scott robbed off a goal. Hold it with that whistle, ref, the woodchopper's still chopping! ;)

Eh - Staff's first game back from injury. Give him a few games. He was actually playing really well before he got hurt, contrary to popular belief.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Eh - Staff's first game back from injury. Give him a few games. He was actually playing really well before he got hurt, contrary to popular belief.

Agree. Stafford is who he is. He'll be lucky to ever score 20 goals again but he's an honest hockey player who belongs in this league. He's not useless when he isn't scoring, he backchecks hard and is responsible in his zone. Of course I hope they can get something for him at next season's deadline but there are no issues with having him on the roster until then.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Agree. Stafford is who he is. He'll be lucky to ever score 20 goals again but he's an honest hockey player who belongs in this league. He's not useless when he isn't scoring, he backchecks hard and is responsible in his zone. Of course I hope they can get something for him at next season's deadline but there are no issues with having him on the roster until then.

This is probably true. Too bad hes being paid like hes a 20+ goal scorer

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
I'm conflicted about this GBU. It was an exiting game until the shootout, was hoping for a win over the Leafs. The shootout was horrible.

g- Zemgus and Myers

b- the shootout

u-the referees in the Ducks Nucks game, a 7 minute, 5 on 3 powerplay for the last 7 minutes of the 3rd in a game that ended up 9-1.

French Connection

Aug 16, 2007
Did it? I checked it out a couple of times and I swore it really didn't. Either way, no skin off my back ;)
What game where you watching as it clearly bulged the twine at the top right hand corner of the net? Even the top view camera indicated a goal due to the fact there was space between the red and the puck. No question a very good goal.

pyroxen

Feb 26, 2013
Can someone please gif the Ott-Phaneuf scene and put it on the main board? Please!

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Agree with all of this. Leino is just garbage right now. I don't even want him on my tank team. I'd seriously consider waiving his butt to Rochester.

If Leino is bought out, will he still be in the league next year? Will any team give him a Brad Boyes type of contract?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
This is probably true. Too bad hes being paid like hes a 20+ goal scorer

Honestly, who cares how he's paid? None of us is paying his salary and his salary isn't preventing the Sabres from improving the team. It's just such a non-issue at this point in time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad