Speculation: The Future Of Patrick Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Where will Kane sign on July 1st?

• Detroit Red Wings

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • New York Rangers

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Dallas Stars

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Vegas Golden Knights

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Buffalo Sabres

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Boston Bruins

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Toronto Maple Leafs

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Tampa Bay Lightning

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Carolina Hurricanes

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Florida Panthers

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Other..

Votes: 10 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hawaiibros

May 18, 2017
He’s coming back to Detroit. Won’t get a better offer, and wants to set up shop in metro Detroit with his family. End of book.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If he is willing to take a 1 year/low salary deal in chase for cup than Dallas would be great fit if they have a spot for him (Not sure of the Stars depth on wing)

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
think he's going back to NYR, to finish what he started and play out the full year from training camp there like he had initially wanted in the summer of 2023. After all that fuss he went through to force his way to NY he only got a grand total of 26 games whilst playing at half-health.

Rangers have money, got rid of Goodrow, they need their Messier, they need a 1RW, Drury knows what to do here.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What does Kane even want anymore? Doesn't seem to be another Cup. Seems like money still matters and being the "guy".

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I think the NYR players also want him back. Zbad made a comment recently that he and Kreider need a RW that can pass them the puck. Felt like it was a loaded comment.

Also last season Drury bargain shopped landing Wheeler and Quick for peanut size contracts. Hearing reports that Kane would take small money to come back to finish what he initially sought out to do.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Hopefully with the wings. He chose Detroit, friends with the cat, was a great fit with the team. Wings need top 6 FWDs and can afford to give him 5-6M x 3 years. Not sure rangers/dallas/others can pay him that much but sadly I think he leaves.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Hopefully with the wings. He chose Detroit, friends with the cat, was a great fit with the team. Wings need top 6 FWDs and can afford to give him 5-6M x 3 years. Not sure rangers/dallas/others can pay him that much but sadly I think he leaves.
That can carry play, not one that needs to be carried.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
think he's going back to NYR, to finish what he started and play out the full year from training camp there like he had initially wanted in the summer of 2023. After all that fuss he went through to force his way to NY he only got a grand total of 26 games whilst playing at half-health.

Rangers have money, got rid of Goodrow, they need their Messier, they need a 1RW, Drury knows what to do here.
I believe he also expressed regret that he couldn’t give his all due to health

The rangers can give good money now that Goodrow is gone.

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
He already said no to Buffalo once...
He said no to the Don Granato Sabres that were bottom of the standings.

Will he say no to the coach he watched as a kid & a team that is likely much more active over the summer?

Maybe, but I'd say he'd be much more interested in joining the team now compared to the start of last season.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Next season it would be cool if Toronto had this line playing together :cool:

Domi Matthews Kane

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He seems to like Detroit, his linemates and teammates there, and was a good fit. So i'd reckon that's probably still the frontrunner. I think he probably looks at that team and sees them as "close enough" to the playoffs with a little more push.

Otherwise...Dallas and maybe Vegas. Possibly Florida depending on what happens with this series and some of their FAs. All teams that are in that "contender window" and could have use for a cheaper veteran "been there, done that" winger on a value deal. Where they can incorporate him, but don't have to necessarily lean on him as a core guy.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Kane and Stamkos should team up somewhere. They could make 2/3 of a very good 2nd line and elevate a good team to great. Carolina, LA, Detroit, Nashville. Hell if Vegas could find a way...

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If I had to guess, I’d say he signs a 2 year deal with the Stars.

I would’ve said Vegas 1-2 months ago, but if the Stars cannot land Stamkos, I’m betting on Kane. Even though the Rangers are prepping to do something.

Detroit no longer has an open offer on the table from what I’m hearing, but there are parameters to make a deal depending on their position as the summer moves forward. ONLY as a secondary signing though, and Kane wants to be more than that if he’s signing in Detroit.

At this point though, he’s not in their plans and thats smart on their behalf.

They enjoyed having him but aren’t gonna be stupid about handing him 3 years and $21 million.

They won’t go more term, nor more dollars. They envisioned Kane taking Perron’s salary spot basically…. and although it’s not filled, it will be by July 2nd. So you’re talking between $5-$6 million and no more than 2 years.

By 7pm on July 1st, that AAV likely goes down considerably for Kane to return.

Could things change prior to July 1? Sure, but it’ll be Kane calling and deciding he wants to take THAT deal prior to July 1, or prior to any trade that may change things.

The only other way he returns to Detroit, is if he is still sitting out there later in July, and they find a spot for him then. Thats likely not happening either.

Good bet on Vegas or Dallas. Hadn’t heard the NYR thing at all. In fact, it’s interesting we’d hear that. Maybe his agent isn’t getting the response from certain teams he thought he would. Don’t think btw, they don’t already have an idea….

The thing is, any team is still taking a big chance handing Kane significant AAV or term. Remember, he’s a 35+ contract now too.

In fact, I’m under the impression DET would rather sign a Jake DeBrusk or Anthony Duclair type as a secondary scoring player, rather than Kane IF, and assuming IF, they have already made another Top 6 acquisition. A Top player like Reinhart, Stamkos, etc.

That IF they had a choice between the two, at the same money, they’d rather a player who isn’t so one dimensional like Kane. Kane can’t move down and create pace on the 3rd line for example, and he actually wasn’t the pace player they wanted in their Top 6. He is an offensive weapon though, so you make him fit.

You can bet Detroit has plans to chase or trade for a Top 6 weapon. That won’t be Patrick Kane.

Kane is a cherry on the top type signing. Last season they had the AAV available and had a spot for a player like him in the short term.

I say he ends up in Dallas, or in Vegas, assuming Vegas sheds some salary. If he’s back in Detroit, it’ll be on their terms.

As an organization, signing Kane cannot get in their way from being a better hockey club. This past season, you can make an argument, they were a better team without him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad