Speculation: The Forgotten Leaf - Raffi Torres...What...are we gonna do with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
This was in Siimmons's article (man is he popping up a lot today) - but it basically stated how Torres was totally excited that he was finally a Leaf, but he never even got a phone call from anyone in the organization in regards to "welcome to Leaf Land"

It made me feel kind of sad :( [so we're gonna talk about it - I don't know where I read this on the boards today - I am pretty sure I did - but I can't find it again, so here it is here].

Babcock had mentioned the need for toughness, and for protecting his players. Yes. I know of Torres's reputation and all of that jazz but he does hit some of the key points

* somewhat skilled
* can move up and down the line up
* Ontario boy who wants to play with us...
* tough. <<-- needed

the only box he can't tick off ... is the "good human being" box. but if we can get him for cheap...

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
What's the point of this thread?

Torres is a UFA in July and won't be re-signed. (And shouldn't, he's not an NHL player anymore)

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Torres isn't tough, he is a cheapshotting disgrace to the game and no longer has enough actual hockey skill at the NHL level to deal with that distraction. Plus, he's a UFA a the end of the year. If you really need someone, I guess just carry Clune has the 14th man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad