The Devils are exciting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Even more impressive when you consider Palmieri, Boyle, Zajac and MoJo have all missed extended periods of time

Thank god for Taylor Hall, and thank god Chiarelli a complete moron
Always thought it was a steal of a trade for the Devils. Larson never really lived up to the draft hype.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The no name defense isn’t the tire fire that most NJ fans expected. John Moore has played better in his own zone as has Severson recently and the addition of Vatanen has paid some dividends. Will Butcher continues to make great passes and piles up the assists. All in all much better defensively than it looked at the beginning of the season. Yes, Schneider still has to bail them out at times but they are much better than expected.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
The no name defense isn’t the tire fire that most NJ fans expected. John Moore has played better in his own zone as has Severson recently and the addition of Vatanen has paid some dividends. Will Butcher continues to make great passes and piles up the assists. All in all much better defensively than it looked at the beginning of the season. Yes, Schneider still has to bail them out at times but they are much better than expected.
It's not a tire fire but its not exactly that great either.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Biggest difference from last year to this is the improved transition game. The puck would die coming out of the defensive zone last year. Even an unnamed player commented on this sad fact this year.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
It’s really offense that’s the difference as well as some smaller improvements on D. Sami has helped stabilize the back-end and Mueller was also looking good beforehand he went down.
But it’s our entire forward core (outside of Zajac) that is dangerous. It’s not just the new top end talent (Nico and Bratt), but guys like Coleman, Wood, Noesen, Gibbons and Boyle who are stepping up and playing well.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
As we saw with the Pens last year in the Playoffs:

If your defense is good enough as a unit to overcome the lack of a bonafide #1/2, you can still win. If your team defense is good enough you can mask a less-than-optimal D corps.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013

Oh, they still have their days, but there are more good days than I would have guessed. If they had pre-2016 Andy Greene, we'd be sitting pretty.

Reactions: RememberTheName

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
The only reason Devils won was because the Leafs (wisely) saved their good players. But still good for the Devs. I don't think they could take even 1 game against a full steam roster with Matthews, Marner, etc.​

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
The Devils are going to be fun to watch in the playoffs.

My dark horse team.

Tampa #1
Nashville #2
NJ #3

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Some people questioned if the Devils could sustain their early season success. They proved some people wrong. It was evident early on they were a very good team, that played fast, with skill, and were tenacious on the puck. The title says it all. The Devils are exciting. And they are good and going to the playoffs.

Reactions: mtnet

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
The only reason Devils won was because the Leafs (wisely) saved their good players. But still good for the Devs. I don't think they could take even 1 game against a full steam roster with Matthews, Marner, etc.​
200w.gif

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

yeah, the 95 other points they got this season were meaningless. These two points tonight, against a "rested" Leafs team, are the REAL reason they made it!

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
I didn't see Matthews, Marner etc going full speed in this game.

Sorry but it's true. Unlike the Devils, TOR had already secured their spot in the standings and used these games to wind down..

When it really hits the fan, I don't think the Devils could manage 1 game against the Leafs.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Don't let 1 sour fan spoil this night of making the playoffs Devils fans.

I have seen the Devils plenty enough this season to know this team is the real deal, they play the game the right way, they work hard in all zones of the ice. They deserve to be in the playoffs on merit of a 82 game schedule. Not because of one game tonight. The informed fans know this. This is a very good team from game 1 to game 82.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I didn't see Matthews, Marner etc going full speed in this game.

Sorry but it's true. Unlike the Devils, TOR had already secured their spot in the standings and used these games to wind down..

When it really hits the fan, I don't think the Devils could manage 1 game against the Leafs.
Does the game we beat you in earlier in the season not count either?

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
The reality is what it is, it has nothing to do with being sour or things like that. The Leafs were comfortably in the Playoffs, the Devils were not. Consequently the effort was on a different level. Gratz to the Devilz for their win but I seriously don't see them winning even 1 game against the Leafs come play-off time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad