The Devils are exciting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Pretty meh defense and softies by Schneider were reminiscent of last year, but we have an offense this year and they made mincemeat out of Ottawa. Hell yes!

You sure about that? It went to overtime after a crazy bounce for the tieing goal.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
You sure about that? It went to overtime after a crazy bounce for the tieing goal.
46-33 in shots. Corey gave up a couple softies and the only period the Sens did anything in was the 2nd when they gooned it up and got a bunch of gifted calls from the refs. In terms of talent this is a mismatch. It's like we were playing an AHL team.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
They are very entertaining. Don’t know how many wins they’ll get, and frankly I’m not concerned with that. They’re a young, exciting bunch. What a difference from the last few years.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
46-33 in shots. Corey gave up a couple softies and the only period the Sens did anything in was the 2nd when they gooned it up and got a bunch of gifted calls from the refs. In terms of talent this is a mismatch. It's like we were playing an AHL team.

seh6p.gif

cute.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey

We're so divided on this guy on our board, but the 3-on-3 just plays into his game so perfectly. All that speed with a very underrated shot.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

The devils played well tonight but take a seat son.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Stafford. He's done well but I like Bratt a lot more. His speed, hands, and defensive play would make that line even more dynamic.
The problem is Bratt and Nico are still a bit small and have had issues against physical teams (just look at the Was game). And I don't really like Bratt and Mojo on the same line either. Maybe Put Bratt as a second line LW instead of Mojo.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Lol that's a bit excessive buddy... There was certainly no talent mismatch, however I do agree, the refs did miss a few calls on the Sens however, we took way too many stupid, avoidable penalties. It was a hard fought game that we would have definitely lost last season. It's just refreshing to see the resilience and ability to score goals for a change.

Reactions: NiedsKicks

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Lol that's a bit excessive buddy... There was certainly no talent mismatch, however I do agree, the refs did miss a few calls on the Sens however, we took way too many stupid, avoidable penalties. It was a hard fought game that we would have definitely lost last season. It's just refreshing to see the resilience and ability to score goals for a change.

Don't know how you can say it was even. This was one of our easiest games all season. For the record here's how I'd rank our games from toughest to easiest...
Washington- They just outmuscled us
NYR- We stole this one with good goaltending
Tampa- Pretty even although refs definitely tried to hand Tampa this one
Colorado- This was surprisingly close
Toronto- Refs really, really tried to hand Toronto this one, but we still wrecked them
Ottawa- We outclassed the Sens in every way possible.
Buffalo- It's Buffalo, enough said

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The problem is Bratt and Nico are still a bit small and have had issues against physical teams (just look at the Was game). And I don't really like Bratt and Mojo on the same line either. Maybe Put Bratt as a second line LW instead of Mojo.

Bratt doesn't play small. Speed kills, that line would terrorize teams. I mean it's not like Stafford really uses his size all that much.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Don't know how you can say it was even. This was one of our easiest games all season. For the record here's how I'd rank our games from toughest to easiest...
Washington- They just outmuscled us
NYR- We stole this one with good goaltending
Tampa- Pretty even although refs definitely tried to hand Tampa this one
Colorado- This was surprisingly close
Toronto- Refs really, really tried to hand Toronto this one, but we still wrecked them
Ottawa- We outclassed the Sens in every way possible.
Buffalo- It's Buffalo, enough said

Pump the brakes. We played well, but Ottawa is still a very good team and they had us on the ropes by the end of the second. Some of that damage was self-inflicted, but still

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad