The Comeback Kings

Stanley Cup 2012

Jun 12, 2012
North of L.A.
Starting to look like Comeback Kings. Down 2-0 in the series to tie it up at 2 games a piece and down 2-0 in game 4 to win game 4-3. Looks like the road to the Cup this year is gonna be more stressful instead of going up 3-0 in every series!

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
If anything, this Kings team has shown how resilient they are and that they will not give up their Stanley Cup so easily. I was at Staples Center tonight and the feeling inside of the arena was electric. Even when they were down early in the game, nobody was ready to pack it in.

Now onto the next mission at hand, and that is to steal home ice advantage with a win on Wednesday night.

UpGoesRupp

Jul 18, 2008
British Columbia
I come in peace. Or well I guess "in pieces" as a canucks fan.

I got a chance to drive from BC down to LA for some ball games and a hockey game. We watched the you guys take on the Sharks in the last game of the season and the only comfort I have is that the Sharks will not get past you guys if it comes down to it haha.

You guys completely made Thornton and Marleau obsolete.

The series with STL has been the best of the playoffs so far and I honestly think you guys have the edge. We all know what this team can do once they get momentum. So to you all I say thanks for the hospitality and good luck the rest of the way and if you see San Jose please seek and destroy.

Captain Mittens*

I come in peace. Or well I guess "in pieces" as a canucks fan.

I got a chance to drive from BC down to LA for some ball games and a hockey game. We watched the you guys take on the Sharks in the last game of the season and the only comfort I have is that the Sharks will not get past you guys if it comes down to it haha.

You guys completely made Thornton and Marleau obsolete.

The series with STL has been the best of the playoffs so far and I honestly think you guys have the edge. We all know what this team can do once they get momentum. So to you all I say thanks for the hospitality and good luck the rest of the way and if you see San Jose please seek and destroy.
Thanks guy with the cool He-Man avatar!

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Went to England after LA dropped the first two games to Detroit. Was in shock when I came back to see that they pulled off the win.

Sheng Peng

Thanks for the flashback.

In the long, lean years that followed with the Deadmarsh/Allison injuries, the end of the Dave Taylor and Andy Murray partnership, Luc's retirement, Dan Cloutier, Marc Crawford, Brian Willsie, and the early, painful years for Anze, Doughty, and Quick, I often watched those grainy videos so I wouldn't forget how good it could feel to root for a winning team. I have a VCR tape of a couple of those games and went to Game Six against Colorado (Glen Murray's OT goal).

Captain Mittens*

Billy-D_Approves.gif

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Well let's hope they win Game #3 ... but IF for some reason they don't ...

YOU KNOW TWO GUYS WHO HAVE COME BACK FROM BEING DOWN 3-0 TO WIN A SERIES ??? Ohhh nobody JUST ... THESE GUYS !!!!

139918804_slide.jpg

ODDLY it was against the BRUINS to go on to face the BLACKHAWKS for the CUP ... imagine the storyline doing it AGAIN against the BLACKHAWKS to face the BRUINS for the CUP :sarcasm:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Hawks came back from being down 3-1 against the Wings. Now let's see the Kings reverse things and come back from a 2-0 deficit. Just take care of home ice and good things will happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad