Pre-Game Talk: The Biggest Dilemma Of Them All - Edm vs TB tomorrow @ 7 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bring my jinxed cursed buddy to the game or tell him no chance he’s going?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
A dilemma is a problem that has two solutions, neither of which have a good outcome.

I have a massive dilemma for the game tomorrow.

I promised to take my long time friend to the Oiler game tomorrow night. We were supposed to go last week to a game but he forgot. So I said let’s do the Tampa game instead.

But now here is the problem. I take him to one or two games a year and the Oilers have NEVER WON when I’ve taken him. EVER.

In fact his luck is so bad that last year we were supposed to fly to Buffalo to see the Oilers play Buffalo, Boston and Toronto and the morning of the flight and the Buffalo game Air Canada canceled our flight and a storm hit the east coast so I had to sell all our tickets as the trip got shitcanned.

Plus he always wears this shitty old Darcy f***ing Hordichuk jersey he was given. The player only diehard Oiler fanatics know played for us and when we absolutely sucked.

I told him if he was ever going to another Oiler game with me he had to ditch the unlucky jersey and buy a new one. So he bought an old used Coffey jersey on eBay to wear.

So he now has a new old Coffey jersey and Coffey is a huge part of our turnaround so that’s good BUT is it enough to break his unreal bad luck curse?

Do I risk taking him to the game and the Oilers losing?

OR do I tell him he has to wait for the streak to be over before I bring him to a game and risk losing a 45 year friendship?

HFOil be my guide and answer the POLE!

Also this; Erne must have pulled a muscle eating popcorn. Kanes middling play of late is probably because he has a minor injury. Bouchard is resting his bomb muscles.

Put him on LTIR and take him to a game later in the season.

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
A dilemma is a problem that has two solutions, neither of which have a good outcome.

I have a massive dilemma for the game tomorrow.

I promised to take my long time friend to the Oiler game tomorrow night. We were supposed to go last week to a game but he forgot. So I said let’s do the Tampa game instead.

But now here is the problem. I take him to one or two games a year and the Oilers have NEVER WON when I’ve taken him. EVER.

In fact his luck is so bad that last year we were supposed to fly to Buffalo to see the Oilers play Buffalo, Boston and Toronto and the morning of the flight and the Buffalo game Air Canada canceled our flight and a storm hit the east coast so I had to sell all our tickets as the trip got shitcanned.

Plus he always wears this shitty old Darcy f***ing Hordichuk jersey he was given. The player only diehard Oiler fanatics know played for us and when we absolutely sucked.

I told him if he was ever going to another Oiler game with me he had to ditch the unlucky jersey and buy a new one. So he bought an old used Coffey jersey on eBay to wear.

So he now has a new old Coffey jersey and Coffey is a huge part of our turnaround so that’s good BUT is it enough to break his unreal bad luck curse?

Do I risk taking him to the game and the Oilers losing?

OR do I tell him he has to wait for the streak to be over before I bring him to a game and risk losing a 45 year friendship?

HFOil be my guide and answer the POLE!

Also this; Erne must have pulled a muscle eating popcorn. Kanes middling play of late is probably because he has a minor injury. Bouchard is resting his bomb muscles.

well well well, quite a predicament it seems!

Let's see...

There's the "bros over hoes" saying, and in this case the hoes are the Oilers. So take your buddy.
You did promise to take him, so that's another one for your buddy.
He did 'forget' about the game last week, so screw him, that's one for the Oilers!
The fact that they NEVER have won taking him - EVER, well that's one against your buddy and for the Oilers.
Having the trip cancelled - well that's a big knock against your buddy's karma - probably worth multiple more points toward the Oilers.
As people have mentioned, who the hell wears (or even has one) a Hordichuk jersey? Another point for the Oilers.
Fine, a Coffey jersey 'should' cancel that out, but the fact that it's an old used one off eBay should double cancel that out.
Do you really think your friendship is over after that many years since clearly he is bad luck for the Oilers? You could tell him, hey buddy, we haven't won EVER when you're at the game, and this is important (life, death, Oilers wins), so lets go another time?
Or YOU could 'forget' that you were supposed to take him, just like he forgot last week? Hmmmm.
No joke, but I don't know where my Magic 8-ball is, or that might lead us to the 'correct' decision. Any of you laughing at this dumb option doesn't realize that I've consulted it a few different times, like moving from Alberta to Texas, and then from Texas to Oregon. So far so good!
About the NEVER have won, well... I have taken my bride (from Oregon) to MANY games over the years in both Edmonton and Vegas and we NEVER won- ever. Well, except finally until last year in Vegas, oh, and then again this year in Seattle. I'm 2-0 the last two years. Off the snide as Jack would say lol :)
So... saying all of this, you know we'll ALL blame you and your friend if we lose - no pressure!

But... maybe you're (he's) due for a win, and maybe even a winning streak?

I'm stressing over this now hahahaha - I say take him, break that losing streak, keep a buddy, and watch the Oilers beat up on those cap-cheating Lightening bastards!!!!!!!! :scared:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
well well well, quite a predicament it seems!

Let's see...

There's the "bros over hoes" saying, and in this case the hoes are the Oilers. So take your buddy.
You did promise to take him, so that's another one for your buddy.
He did 'forget' about the game last week, so screw him, that's one for the Oilers!
The fact that they NEVER have won taking him - EVER, well that's one against your buddy and for the Oilers.
Having the trip cancelled - well that's a big knock against your buddy's karma - probably worth multiple more points toward the Oilers.
As people have mentioned, who the hell wears (or even has one) a Hordichuk jersey? Another point for the Oilers.
Fine, a Coffey jersey 'should' cancel that out, but the fact that it's an old used one off eBay should double cancel that out.
Do you really think your friendship is over after that many years since clearly he is bad luck for the Oilers? You could tell him, hey buddy, we haven't won EVER when you're at the game, and this is important (life, death, Oilers wins), so lets go another time?
Or YOU could 'forget' that you were supposed to take him, just like he forgot last week? Hmmmm.
No joke, but I don't know where my Magic 8-ball is, or that might lead us to the 'correct' decision. Any of you laughing at this dumb option doesn't realize that I've consulted it a few different times, like moving from Alberta to Texas, and then from Texas to Oregon. So far so good!
About the NEVER have won, well... I have taken my bride (from Oregon) to MANY games over the years in both Edmonton and Vegas and we NEVER won- ever. Well, except finally until last year in Vegas, oh, and then again this year in Seattle. I'm 2-0 the last two years. Off the snide as Jack would say lol :)
So... saying all of this, you know we'll ALL blame you and your friend if we lose - no pressure!

But... maybe you're (he's) due for a win, and maybe even a winning streak?

I'm stressing over this now hahahaha - I say take him, break that losing streak, keep a buddy, and watch the Oilers beat up on those cap-cheating Lightening bastards!!!!!!!! :scared:

Very convincing argument!

I’ll take him but if we lose I have to end the friendship. Or kill him. One or the other.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Very convincing argument!

I’ll take him but if we lose I have to end the friendship. Or kill him. One or the other.
Killing him but still remaining friends would be the responsible thing to do. ;) Or even worse than killing him, buy him a Huberdeau jersey and make him wear it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Curses are a tough thing to overcome. I travel to Edmonton frequently and did so more until the pandemic. I use to go to between 2 and 5 games a year. For 17 years I never saw the Oilers win once. Before that streak began the last game I was at that the Oilers won was the miracle comeback vs the Stars in the 1997 playoffs with tickets right behind the Oiler bench. When they scored to tie the game it was absolutely nuts. Once the curse was broken things really changed. Since that point I'd say the Oilers have won 80% of the games I have attended.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
when i first started dating my new wife we went a trip to florida and say the oilers play and went to a basketball game, couple football games. As an avid gambler i bet on all my teams to win the games i was at. after the 4th loss she proceeded to tell me that shes never been to a live game ever that the team she wanted to win won. I explained that these are things i should get told before i get raked for $1000. since then the curse was broken at the flames/oilers game when smith beat the brakes off talbot. Ever since nothing but wins.

moral of the story is curses are meant to be broken and better now than the playoffs imo

take your homeboy but if they start losing beers are on him

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Curses are a tough thing to overcome. I travel to Edmonton frequently and did so more until the pandemic. I use to go to between 2 and 5 games a year. For 17 years I never saw the Oilers win once. Before that streak began the last game I was at that the Oilers won was the miracle comeback vs the Stars in the 1997 playoffs with tickets right behind the Oiler bench. When they scored to tie the game it was absolutely nuts. Once the curse was broken things really changed. Since that point I'd say the Oilers have won 80% of the games I have attended.

Last season I probably went to around 25 games and there was a stretch from about November - March where I attended literally all of the Oilers losses and zero wins. There was one stretch where the Oilers won like 5/6 at home and I only went to the one loss. It was to the point where friends of mine were asking me if I was going to the game or not and placing bets accordingly.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Every game in this kind of win streak gets tougher to win but here's hoping the Oilers really get up for this revenge game!

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Buddy did his part to change the mojo with buying a different jersey so take him to the game. Right now the Oilers are playing some of their best hockey that I can remember, so no better time to help him break his slump by taking them when they are at their best.

• Love

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I've been to 10 regular season games in my entire life. I'm 4-6 while in attendance and the first game I ever saw was when we got demolished 10-2 to Buffalo. :laugh: The really hilarious part is that I saw a friend and his dad at Rexall before the game started and I joking said to them "Hopefully we don't lose 10-0!" or something like that. Oops. o_O

Last edited:

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I notice @5 voted in the poll. Isn't that a conflict of interest?
Was he pressured to vote this way?

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad