Post-Game Talk: The Bear Dances In Chicago

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
I'd heavily consider keeping Lucic with Pata and Spoons. I know I'm going to be crucified for saying this because of seasons past but Krejci just slows the game down so much that it works against Lucic's north/south game. Having Spooner slotted there makes Lucic move his feet which is what we all want on this board.

I see two options: Keeping Krejci-Bergy-Spooner in the event Soda can't be resigned here and trading him at the deadline for RW help or a top 4 defender. Option B, going with Bergy-Spooner-Soda and unloading Krejci for a top 2 defender or a real sniper. I'm not using today's game as my only argument but Krejci is invisible for long periods of the year and he's a piece we'd actually get value back with.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Dougie Hamilton now in sole possession of 2nd place on the team in points, behind only Bergeron. Another big game offensively for him. Really loving this kid more and more.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
It's a shame I missed this one. Someone needs to upload extended highlights...dafoomie?

Would you settle for some gifs?

HideousIncredibleBullmastiff.gif

DampAggressiveHydra.gif

BabyishTintedAiredale.gif

BeautifulSophisticatedEthiopianwolf.gif

KaleidoscopicAcceptableFlatcoatretriever.gif

CommonMatureFlamingo.gif

FarawayRecentFirebelliedtoad.gif

HelplessDamagedErmine.gif

WaryVastKitten.gif

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

Has Tuukka commented on his slashing penalty on Versteeg?

I thought he tagged him, but that gif makes Steeger look like he took a massive dive.

:dunno:

@HackswithHaggs: Tuukka: "Havent seen the replay but thought it was obvious I was trying to slash the post. Thought thats what I did. Stay out of the crease"

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009

I thought he tagged him, but that gif makes Steeger look like he took a massive dive.

My view on it seems Rask got enough of him but Versteeg did seem to make it look worse than it really looked.
I know it has been tough recently,nevertheless, Rask should have more control of his emotions and actions.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Just want to say that I loved what your team did today

Completely destroyed Hawks and ended the nonsense Hawks organization has been pushing about how fine this team is

Hopefully today opens up eyes to our GM that this team is not contending

You sound just like too many Bruins fans here. Have you been reading here the last few weeks? :laugh:

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
That was fun. But there's always a fine line, a tipping point.

For example, lets say Spooner's no-look PP pass to Versteeg ended up in the back of the net.

What would Clode have done?

Rask may have saved the season on that play.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Maybe, I'm just hoping against hope, but when they play like they did today, I can't stave off the optimism!

I don't care how Chicago has played for the last month, they are a good team, playing at home, in a Nationally televised game, with a healthy lineup.

That was a good win.

That's how they played in January. They are a good team and can do it.

David Krejci*

Nice win and nice to see them show some life, but this doesn't change anything. This is the exception with this team, not the rule. They need a lot of help.

Bruinfan5470

Feb 3, 2014
Los Angeles, CA

I looked at that video a number of times, what I saw was that Rask was not even close to hitting Versteeg, that Versteeg took a dive and the performance afterwards was worthy of an Emmy. It was all BS!.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
If Kypreous is correct, not good news:

@RealKyper: Hearing #Bruins Krejci knee injury is feared long term and possibly cost him good portion of regular season. He'll be re-evaluate this week

CanadianBruinsFan

Mar 18, 2012
Halifax, NS
To be honest I thought this game was more about Chicago playing like **** and getting no goaltending whatsoever, not going to get too excited over one afternoon game. They had 6 goals on 25 shots and the Hawks 2 best players didn't really show up. And I normally like to look at the bright side.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
@HackswithHaggs: Tuukka: "Havent seen the replay but thought it was obvious I was trying to slash the post. Thought thats what I did. Stay out of the crease"

I ****ing love Tuukka

People can whine and complain all they want but I love the fact Tuukka doesn't care about saying what's on his mind or showing emotion.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
If Kypreous is correct, not good news:

@RealKyper: Hearing #Bruins Krejci knee injury is feared long term and possibly cost him good portion of regular season. He'll be re-evaluate this week

That's probably why Clode stuck with Spooner.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
To be honest I thought this game was more about Chicago playing like **** and getting no goaltending whatsoever, not going to get too excited over one afternoon game. They had 6 goals on 25 shots and the Hawks 2 best players didn't really show up. And I normally like to look at the bright side.

Usually the case when teams net 6.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

I know it's only one game, but the B's looked like they had their **** together today! (hitting, fighting, scoring and showing emotion)

...so I'm excited about a 6-2 win against the Hawks in Chicago.

Who knows...this win might just give the B's some much needed confidence, and start them on a long winning streak. (fingers crossed)

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
What. A. Game. Couldn't watch live cos I was at work but came home dreading this game, when the Hawks scored with 2 seconds left I was like "here we go again..." then the Bs came out and dominated the entire 2nd period, basically made it their *****. Start of the 3rd period I was a tiny bit nervous when we were seemingly stuck in our zone forever and a day, but they pulled it off, unlucky on the Hawks last goal, Quaider demolished Carcillo, did Toews even play seriously? Apart from his goal he was nowhere. Marshy needs to turn the pest switch down a few notches, too many stupid penalties tonight.

Ferlin, I want to talk about Ferlin, that boy needs to be a regular without question, but I definitely think he should be NAILED to Bergys line, thats the big body that our 2nd line needs. Piesy just doesn't fit anymore, maybe a trade maybe a waive, either way I think hes lost his spot, liked Caron tonight toobut give me more Ferlin, he needs more ice time.

Reilly Smith played tonight, decided it was time his ghost needed a break but as we all know this won't be common place, he always seems to chime in with a great game every so often, I hope im wrong and he can stay consistent but I have no faith. Bring on the Nucks at home, I think we can definitely win that game. Finally played physical again and look what happens. Ferlin brught the bangs and it got the rest of the team going, if you take Soupy off that line and replace him with CC, dropped Kels to 4th and Smith to 3rd I think that is a pretty good line up.

Go Bruins!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad