The Al Iafrate "Dude, just shave it" Receding Hairline Award

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AdvancedPressure

Jan 19, 2021
Who is currently rocking the most egregious receding hair line in the NHL? For reference, this is what Iafrate was working with in his prime:

iafratemullet.png

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I believe it was Keith Jones on Spittin Chiclets who told a great Iafrate story. Al got hit really hard next to the bench where he was sliding along the dasher and got driven into the stanchion so hard his helmet popped off. Obviously he was hurting pretty bad but he made sure to crawl over and put his helmet back on before fully collapsing on the ice.

Obviously a lot funnier to hear it told instead of typed but I thought it was hilarious.

Has Shattenkirk shaved it off yet? If not I'll say him.

NotTheRocketman

Jul 13, 2021
Shatty always had awful hair, and I want to say Patrick Kane had some really embarrassing locks too IIRC.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I believe it was Keith Jones on Spittin Chiclets who told a great Iafrate story. Al got hit really hard next to the bench where he was sliding along the dasher and got driven into the stanchion so hard his helmet popped off. Obviously he was hurting pretty bad but he made sure to crawl over and put his helmet back on before fully collapsing on the ice.

Obviously a lot funnier to hear it told instead of typed but I thought it was hilarious.

Has Shattenkirk shaved it off yet? If not I'll say him.

holy shit, harold snepsts!

<--- chico went with the rug eventually ... Hell Toupée!!!

he was doomed from the start

rp_primary_Resch_pose_.jpg

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
They didn't shave it in the 1970s, but if they did Steve Shutt's hair was receding and he kept it long. Jacques Lemaire was arguably born with a comb-over too.

If he were a hockey player, Prince William comes to mind. I have no idea why on earth with all the money his family would have that they wouldn't just start with the hair transplants gradually once they realized he was balding.

Come to think of it, why don't NHL players do it? Maybe they don't care, I don't know, but if an average person can do the hair transplants a millionaire hockey player ought to. Getzlaf was losing his hair pretty young. It is said you follow the hairline of your mother's father. If so, maybe he didn't have a chance.

Bobby Hull famously wore a toupee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad