the 6 games evaluation of the Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
In net

Price : Solid, he better be cause he's going to play 38 to 40 games. found ways to keep us in game even when not at is best, he's a keeper

Budaj: Can be blame entirely for his loss, but like last year, the team plays different when he's in net. Enjoy your time this year Peter, you won't be back next year.

The big D

Markov: what can we say, the general, the man, with PK back he will get the help needed to reduce is ice time by 2-3 minutes a game, witch will be beneficial in the long run

Diaz: good pass, good on the power play, plays with poise, will also be better serve with PK returning, it pretty much assure a good pairing on the D for 2 minutes of a powerplay instead of 1, 1:15 that we have now.... and the good thing, he's sign to a very good price for next season to.... could be replace by Beaulieu in 2 years...

Gorges: Same good ol Josh, a defensive master, so good at what he's doing, future captain material when will be parting way's with Gionta in a few years....

Emelin: Still getting better and what a beast when he's hitting, still sign next year at a good price, if not resign in 2 years, it will leave a spot open for Tinordi, but i doubt anyone can hit like Drago.....

Bouillon: With the return of PK, he will be D number 6, and he's perfect for that, reliable, love to play here, at 15-17 minutes per game, will be really serviceable... probably won't be back next year, but he's doing a great job in the mean time....

Weber: Always had a special something for le jeune Veber, i don't believe he has a future anymore in Montreal, but if he would get the chance to play the game, for 10-15 games straight, he could probably surprise, not a top pairing D man, but a good depth, but with the likes of Saint-Denis, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, even Pateryn in Hamilton, Les carottes sont bientôt cuites for Yannick (i don't think he will here next season)

Kaberle: I taught him losing 15-20 lbs would have made him fly this year, it's not the case. The success of Diaz on PP killed his chance to have a decent season in MTL me thinks.... won't be back next year, if Bergevin can get an I O U somewhere we'll trade him, if not he will be bought next summer.

PK: As not played a second yet, and even then we know we'll be better when he'll get on the ice.... can't wait

Offense:

Pleky: Best forward so far, it shows that he missed Gionta last season, so good on almost all aspect of the game...

Bourque: He's doing better than expected, at least the effort is almost always there, but he must stay all geared up.... let's hope for the best

Gionta: we miss him last year, we can't rely on him for a long period but as a second line winger, with experience and ethics, he's as good as we can hope for....

Desharnais: Disapointing, seems lost and not in shape, not very good start for someone looking for a new contract.... at least he will come cheap next year if he keeps playing this way, but i thinks he's too smart a player to not come out of this slump... but we don't have 82 games, so he should get off the dirt sooner than later....

Cole: Retire already !!! Seriously, he's always been a slow starter but like Desharnais, he doesn't have much time to lose... looked a little bit better in the last 2 games... he should be watch carefully by MT

Pacioretty: He did not played well at the beginning of the season and still had 4 points in 3 games.... looks like he will be back before a month... we need him....

Prust: like the hustle, like that he's taking care of the kids, like what he can bring to the game, a little overpaid, but we didn't have that kind of guy and needed it...

AGall and BGall: All i'll say is the future looks great for these 2, let's not rush anything, time will tell but i believe that by the end of the season, they won't be considered as playing on a 3rd line....

Eller: Can't find is niche here, is fault, the organisation fault i don't know but i think is time is running.....

Moen: Does is job honestly, one of the great depth veteran that we can rely on for some platoon duty on a higher line, on PK, and to get in the mix. not sure we should have sign him for 4 years tough...

White: not sold on him, heart is there, brain, not always

Armstrong: won't be back next year, we can find a replacement in Hamilton

blunden, Nokelainen: Nothing to talk about....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad