The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
The players, coaches, and management appear to be of this mindset.

Now it's up for the fanbase to resist the pessimistic grouching they've become accustomed to. Hearing the Red Bull crowd sing their support while getting trounced got me angry about our quiet, overfed spectators again.

Be the change. Support the club.
Not really a fair comparison. There's a difference between a team playing their first game in a brand new arena against a team leagues above them and getting trounced and our team getting trounced by Columbus in November because we couldn't start on time again after 13 years of losing.

I agree with not being pessimistic to start the season, but the situations aren't comparable

Reactions: debaser66

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So, in thinking about this a bit, my two biggest needs are:

- A 2nd pair RD to play with one of Power/Byram
- A true top line forward.

a good complimentary RD could take our D from good to elite. A top 6 of:

Byram-Dahlin
Power-RD
Samuelsson-Clifton/Joki

Is an excellent setup, top to bottom.

I don't think its necessarily a bad D with Joki/Clifton in the top 4....I just think finding that good 2nd pair RD to stabilize whatever LD isn't playing with Dahlin would give us a ton of stability on defense.

A true top line forward is going to be very difficult, simply because most of them will have NMC/NTCs attached to them. But....when the opportunity comes, Adams has to parlay the prospect depth into a true top line forward.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
With the new bottom six signing it appears the top prospects are getting shut out this year. I was hoping to see at least one of these in the opening day line-up.
Rosen, Kulich, Helenius, Ostlund, R. Johnson

You dony keep them on the roster if they are outside the regularly dressed 12_6/3 line up.

If the lines are

Peterka-tage-tuch
Benson-cozens-Quinn
Zuck-McLeod-Greenway
Malestyn-lafferty-brck
Krebs

Ostlund and helrniys need time to adjust to NA hockey.

RyJo is likely the first call up at D
The F call up us likely Rosen or Kulich depending on position.

Both Zucker and greenway are UFAs who could be traded opening up 3rd line spots
So, in thinking about this a bit, my two biggest needs are:

- A 2nd pair RD to play with one of Power/Byram
- A true top line forward.
Th er y fo not need a top F
They have a bunch of prosprct F thst are developing and thst us before we factor in the cap

They have a bunch of prosprct F coming up. Some could be ready when Clifton contrsct ends

Onr of the others can pksy 2RD.

Reactions: Dingo44

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
A true top line forward is going to be very difficult, simply because most of them will have NMC/NTCs attached to them. But....when the opportunity comes, Adams has to parlay the prospect depth into a true top line forward.

I'm guessing they think one of JJP or Quinn becomes that by the end of this season, and if not, they go big game hunting.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I would do Kulich+2025 1st+Joker+Greenway for Coleman&Andersson right now, and would add 2026 1st if they half retained on Coleman

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I would do Kulich+2025 1st+Joker+Greenway for Coleman&Andersson right now, and would add 2026 1st if they half retained on Coleman
I'm not sure why we need Andersson, especially at that cost. He's not a defensive player, his contract is up soon. Our four defenders will need time at PP and one of them is Dahlin, who will eat up time on the PP1. It doesn't make much sense to me.

I think this is the last chance for Jokiharju, if he can't be good and responsible in defense under Lindy, he will be written off and a top 4 RD will be found that will meet what is needed.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I'm not sure why we need Andersson, especially at that cost. He's not a defensive player, his contract is up soon. Our four defenders will need time at PP and one of them is Dahlin, who will eat up time on the PP1. It doesn't make much sense to me.

I think this is the last chance for Jokiharju, if he can't be good and responsible in defense under Lindy, he will be written off and a top 4 RD will be found that will meet what is needed.

Oh snap. I just looked at his charts for last season. Pretty awful. I retract the proposal lol.

Reactions: Fjordy

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

Colton Parayko would be my target at the TD if the Blues are out of it. Big RHD and a Cup winner. Only a few years left on the contract at $6.5m.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Colton Parayko would be my target at the TD if the Blues are out of it. Big RHD and a Cup winner. Only a few years left on the contract at $6.5m.
If they're in the position to add at the deadline, I would think that they'd only want to add a rental on an expiring contract. For next season, I'd rather see Novikov in the lineup than Parayko -- for the cap implications alone.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
With what cap space in 25/26?

Greenway and Joker are UFAs this summer but after signing RFAsthry wont have $10M in cap space.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
a good complimentary RD could take our D from good to elite.
Isn't that kind of the problem though?
Half the league is looking for that additional RD, because most only have one they can really count on. Beyond that, they either have to play someone on his off-side, or rely on someone who is quite good on the third pair but in over his head when on the second pair.

There is a scarcity of good RD in the league compared to the number of teams that try to be comepetitive. Which makes the few seemingly good RDs that hit free agency rather expensive compared to their skill-level. It also means that teams tend to cling to the good ones they have.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I believe there's less projected cap next season with hopefully some big name Sabres to sign and the Skinner hit. With that, I think Adams may add a rental unless a longer termed contract is moving out.

Moving forward, we may very well see home grown replacements for the most part, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It probably all depends on who shakes loose around the league, who gets hurt, how the on ice team is doing and when these events occur. Lots of unpredictable stuff but plan B is always low cost, talented youngsters in the system which is a luxury most teams don't have.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
With what cap space in 25/26?

Greenway and Joker are UFAs this summer but after signing RFAsthry wont have $10M in cap space.
I think Joker is a guy that could low key play really well especially in a contract year but in a bottom 4 role and then come at a really reasonable price in the summer so instead of walking him they resign him for a few Ms. Especially if they're confident with some cap freed up from organic replacements at F.

Again lots of factors here but I don't think Adams wants to let good young assets walk away at this point if he can get a reasonable return.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
We could fit Andersson and still sign everybody to their appropriate contracts RFA wise. Fairburn did the math using AFP’s formulas on contracts and they can afford to add a $7 million dollar player factoring everything in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad