Prospect Info: The 2021 NHL Entry Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah the way I'd really like to build our core out I think we need maybe 2 or 3 more pieces in the forward core. If we can get Ves, Gus, Harkins in there full time as well as potentially Perfetti if all goes well I think we are set. The biggest area of need seems to be a RW that can replace Wheeler and move Wheeler down to what will eventually likely be next to Lowry on the 3rd line. There may be some loses eventually between Appleton and Copp as well but I feel like we are more poised to absorb the loss of Copp than Appleton currently.

It seems like Moe is ok using Ves on the third line with Lowry so I think I would be ok exposing Copp if he wont re-up with us. Maybe we can turn it into a bigger move to get a dmen from them.

Conner Scheifele Ehlers
Perfetti Dubois Wheeler
Ves Lowry Appelton
Harkins Gus vet

Reactions: tbone1968

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yeah it seems like almost every list I've seen differs quite a bit after the top groups with some guys from the top group even being ranked on the lower end. I think we will see plenty of picks that will look off board to some at this years draft.
Agree. FWIW, EliteP has Lambos at #32 and they aren't high on Ceulemans at #60.

They have Svozil at 17, which seems quite high, especially since a lot of their writeup seems to raise some questions about his ceiling and consistency.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It seems like Moe is ok using Ves on the third line with Lowry so I think I would be ok exposing Copp if he wont re-up with us. Maybe we can turn it into a bigger move to get a dmen from them.

Conner Scheifele Ehlers
Perfetti Dubois Wheeler
Ves Lowry Appelton
Harkins Gus vet

That's pretty much how I see it. Losing Copp is likely not the end of the world. If we can turn Copp into a stable partner for Pionk (as Seattle won't have any RHD to spare) then I think that could be a win. Trade them Copp, let them take Beaulieu off our hands and snag ourselves a LHD.

Reactions: Huffer and surixon

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Agree. FWIW, EliteP has Lambos at #32 and they aren't high on Ceulemans at #60.

They have Svozil at 17, which seems quite high, especially since a lot of their writeup seems to raise some questions about his ceiling and consistency.

Yeah I think I recall them being pretty high on Behrens as well. I've seen Svozil as high as like 13 and as low as late 2nd round. Seems to be a pretty divisive prospect. I personally wasn't all that impressed with him at the WCJ or U18's. Thought Moravec looked more dynamic at the later. Svozil to me seems like the Zboril of this draft. Steady guy who likely won't bring much to the table offensively.

Reactions: BoneDocUK

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
That's pretty much how I see it. Losing Copp is likely not the end of the world. If we can turn Copp into a stable partner for Pionk (as Seattle won't have any RHD to spare) then I think that could be a win. Trade them Copp, let them take Beaulieu off our hands and snag ourselves a LHD.
IMO Stanley is an ideal partner for Pionk.

I'd be frustrated if we traded for a LHD because I think we're loaded with them already.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
IMO Stanley is an ideal partner for Pionk.

I'd be frustrated if we traded for a LHD because I think we're loaded with them already.

Yeah the only real shot we have at a RHD is if we go for Dumba IMO. Not sure Copp gets us any others that are out there that would be better than just trying to sign one in FA.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Though the Jets could really use a good RD in their pipeline, there are 3 very intriguing Swedish wingers ranked around the middle of round 1.

Olausson is a big, smooth winger with blazing speed and a good shot. He's a terror in transition with his speed.

Rosen has high end offensive skill, with great puck handling and good vision. Not big or physical, but an offensive wiz.

Robertsson is a winger with a solid frame, good speed and an outstanding shot - might be the best shooter in the draft class (a la Forsberg?)

Jets have been looking to Sweden a fair bit in recent drafts, so keep an eye on these forwards. Any of them would add strong talent to the Jets prospect pool.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Though the Jets could really use a good RD in their pipeline, there are 3 very intriguing Swedish wingers ranked around the middle of round 1.

Olausson is a big, smooth winger with blazing speed and a good shot. He's a terror in transition with his speed.

Rosen has high end offensive skill, with great puck handling and good vision. Not big or physical, but an offensive wiz.

Robertsson is a winger with a solid frame, good speed and an outstanding shot - might be the best shooter in the draft class (a la Forsberg?)

Jets have been looking to Sweden a fair bit in recent drafts, so keep an eye on these forwards. Any of them would add strong talent to the Jets prospect pool.

Where are you getting your prospect information from these days. I might try to do a crash/cram before the draft. Black Book is suppose to come out around July 5th.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Where are you getting your prospect information from these days. I might try to do a crash/cram before the draft. Black Book is suppose to come out around July 5th.
I have EliteProspects' draft guide, which is highly detailed, and they have a very different list in the middle of round 1 than many. Then, I've scanned other summaries on prospects of interest (Dobbers, and others), based on their free / open content.

I'm also awaiting the Black Book.

upload_2021-6-30_8-19-42.png

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Is there a resource that extends the rankings beyond the first round?

My kid is a 2003 and I'm curious if/where some of the names he played with and against are sitting (understanding fully how volatile those rankings would be and how they'd vary from team to team, even in a non-covid year)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

My kid is a 2003 and I'm curious if/where some of the names he played with and against are sitting (understanding fully how volatile those rankings would be and how they'd vary from team to team, even in a non-covid year)

Pronon on the Athletic has a top 150 list.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Scott Wheeler’s mock draft released this morning has us taking Lysell at 17th

Peter Tagli Eddie

All 3 of them?
Apr 14, 2009

Fabian Lysell's Player Profile

Steve Kournianos - The Draft Analyst - May 24th: "Speed kills, which is why Lysell continues to hover around the top 10 in spite of a rather quiet season as a depth player in Sweden."

Sam Cosentino - Sportsnet - May 12th: "One of the most skilled players in the draft class, but also one of the most inconsistent."

Mike G. Morreale - NHL.com - Apr. 23rd: "Lysell is a mobile skater with good speed and creativity. The 18-year-old doesn't have dominating size but is strong and capable of winning 1-on-1 battles."

Fabian Lysell - Dobber Prospects - Mar. 8: "Lysell is one of, if not the most, dynamic players in this draft. Although his offensive production with Luleå has been underwhelming, the other aspects of his game are still shining through."

Tony Ferrari - Dobber Prospects - Feb. 22nd: "Do you like pace? Lysell is nearly unmatched in that aspect. He has impressive puck skills, a willingness to attack the opposing defense, and a shot that doesn’t get the love it probably deserves."

Josh Bell - FC Hockey - Feb. 10th: "He never gives up on a play and is constantly pushing the pace. Lysell is able to create space for himself and his teammates and, on top of that his two-way game, is sneakily underrated."

Cam Robinson - Dobber Prospects - : "He’s a staunch defender and has shown capable of generating offense at the WHL and Finnish junior ranks. I question his pure upside there as an NHLer, but his floor looks mighty safe."

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Just a random thought, maybe Jets brass was so thrilled with their LOGAN STANley pick that they go for the sequel at opposite ends of the spectrum (Height wise) at technically the exact same spot by selecting LOGAN STANkoven.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Lysall is a riser. Speed merchant. Bit like a Jesper Fast with more offensive upside.
I could see the Jets going for one of the skilled Swedish wingers... Lysell, Rosen, Olausson or Robertsson. Each of them can play RW, and the Jets could use an injection of high end talent in the prospect pool.

If a D like Lambos or Ceulemans isn't available, or the Jets aren't as high on them, a F would be fine.

I also wonder about a wildcard - maybe a player like Dean, a C who plays a high pace buzz-saw kind of game. Maybe a future 3C with some offense.

In any case, Lysell would be a great choice for the Jets. Sort of like Ehlers or Perfetti falling to the Jets.

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Fabian Lysell's Player Profile

Steve Kournianos - The Draft Analyst - May 24th: "Speed kills, which is why Lysell continues to hover around the top 10 in spite of a rather quiet season as a depth player in Sweden."

Sam Cosentino - Sportsnet - May 12th: "One of the most skilled players in the draft class, but also one of the most inconsistent."

Mike G. Morreale - NHL.com - Apr. 23rd: "Lysell is a mobile skater with good speed and creativity. The 18-year-old doesn't have dominating size but is strong and capable of winning 1-on-1 battles."

Fabian Lysell - Dobber Prospects - Mar. 8: "Lysell is one of, if not the most, dynamic players in this draft. Although his offensive production with Luleå has been underwhelming, the other aspects of his game are still shining through."

Tony Ferrari - Dobber Prospects - Feb. 22nd: "Do you like pace? Lysell is nearly unmatched in that aspect. He has impressive puck skills, a willingness to attack the opposing defense, and a shot that doesn’t get the love it probably deserves."

Josh Bell - FC Hockey - Feb. 10th: "He never gives up on a play and is constantly pushing the pace. Lysell is able to create space for himself and his teammates and, on top of that his two-way game, is sneakily underrated."

Cam Robinson - Dobber Prospects - : "He’s a staunch defender and has shown capable of generating offense at the WHL and Finnish junior ranks. I question his pure upside there as an NHLer, but his floor looks mighty safe."

I did not realize that Dobber Prospects allowed players to write their own reviews. Fabian seems a little too high on himself, if you ask me. :nod:

Reactions: Nedarb

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I guess the question with Lysell is will the production catch up with the flash. Sometimes it doesn't bit I really don't know much about this player. We definitely could use a speedy RW prospect though. If the Jets take him I'd feel pretty good about it as we tend to do a good job grabbing skilled wingers in the first.

Reactions: Gil Fisher

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but this is a mock draft site that goes to 300 players. You can set up the draft to use their rankings or the Bobfathers rankings (at least at the front of the draft)

draftsim

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I guess the question with Lysell is will the production catch up with the flash. Sometimes it doesn't bit I really don't know much about this player. We definitely could use a speedy RW prospect though. If the Jets take him I'd feel pretty good about it as we tend to do a good job grabbing skilled wingers in the first.

Yep, he could be the next Vesalainen. :sarcasm:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

There has been some question marks regarding his attitude I've seen brought up by a number of publications. Not exactly sure how much there is to that. Ranked has high as top 10 on some lists and as low as late 1st on others. Kid can skate though.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Here's my current top 32 for anyone interested. I'm going to do a bigger write up on my top 32 that I've been working on for awhile now. This is by no means final as I am still working through my top 96 and guys seem to be changing frequently as I get time for more and more views.

1. Eklund
2. Power
3. Clarke
4. Hughes
5. Beniers
6. Edvinsson
7. Guenther
8. McTavish
9. Sillinger
10. Wallstedt
11. Svechkov
12. Johnson