Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Draft Thread VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Re: multiple second rd picks

We currently have #36 and #41. Would anyone be willing to trade one of them down to Calgary to pick up an additional 2nd? They have 3 picks in that round.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
If they take Dergachyev with one of the second round picks I wouldn't be opposed to picking Timoshov with the other 2nd(or moving down a bit to pick him). it's high risk but I don't think he'll fall to the next pick and Dergacyev is more of a safe pick(if they know for sure he'll come to the US).

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
If even more upside is there, great. He looks like good value for a sub-1st rd pick.

I wonder with Shero on board if we'll target more USA players though.

Any way we can grab Boeser and Roslovic ?

I don't know how much it would affect this particular draft. We're only what 5-6 weeks away from the draft? I'm thinking Shero is going to lean pretty heavily on the Devils scouting staff for now. If there are any changes in the scouting staff I don't think it would be until after the draft. Besides, we're already pretty connected when it comes to drafting Americans. Merrill, Boucher, Coleman, Pietila, Matteau, Santini, Wood, Jacobs, Chatham, Johnson, Dudek all drafted from 2010-2014.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't know how much it would affect this particular draft. We're only what 5-6 weeks away from the draft? I'm thinking Shero is going to lean pretty heavily on the Devils scouting staff for now. If there are any changes in the scouting staff I don't think it would be until after the draft. Besides, we're already pretty connected when it comes to drafting Americans. Merrill, Boucher, Coleman, Pietila, Matteau, Santini, Wood, Jacobs, Chatham, Johnson, Dudek all drafted from 2010-2014.

He most definitely will. Shero has been doing some amateur scouting apparently so he will have opinions, and he is currently watching many of these prospects in person as we speak.

He could overrule Conte and crew early on, especially with the 6th overall (they also might all agree, we don't know what the board currently looks like), but as the draft goes deeper he has to rely on the staff at hand because he just won't have much insight on all the players going past the top 50, top 100, and beyond.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
more euros please. feels like they ignore that whole area.

Our European scouting hasn't been particularly good for a long time. Beyond Larsson and Josefson (the jury is still out on him), who is the last good Euro we've drafted/developed? Sykora?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
They don't draft enough euros to make that judgement.

Last time drafted a Euro: 2011(Larsson first round)
Last time a they drafted a Swede outside the first round: Alexander Urbom(3rd round-6 years ago(2009).
Last Finn: Vili Sopanen(6th round- 8 years ago)
Last Russian: Alexander Vasyunov(2nd round-9 years ago(2006), Kirill Tulopov(3rd round-9 years ago), Vladimir Zharkov(3rd round-9 years ago(2006).

From 2006-2014 they've drafted 50 players playing in NA.
Same time period they've drafted 9 players playing in Europe.

Last edited:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
No he's got until his third year of college to sign otherwise he becomes a UFA

This is very wrong too, I believe.

He stays a Devils prospect as long as he stays in college. If he wants to turn UFA, he can't do it until after his third year, and the Devils have until a certain date to sign him as well. He can't sign an NHL deal, it voids his NCAA eligibility. So if he goes back for his senior year, then he will still be a Devils prospect. After that, he can technically become a UFA, but I would wait before going on that assumption.

I feel like since Hayes and Schultz both hit free agency, every person fears that if a prospect stays in college long or doesn't sign a deal right away that he is going to turn UFA.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
This is very wrong too, I believe.

He stays a Devils prospect as long as he stays in college. If he wants to turn UFA, he can't do it until after his third year, and the Devils have until a certain date to sign him as well. He can't sign an NHL deal, it voids his NCAA eligibility. So if he goes back for his senior year, then he will still be a Devils prospect. After that, he can technically become a UFA, but I would wait before going on that assumption.

I feel like since Hayes and Schultz both hit free agency, every person fears that if a prospect stays in college long or doesn't sign a deal right away that he is going to turn UFA.

Lou - Boston College
Shero - USA Hockey
Devils - Deep pocket owners, lots of opportunity at F

When the time comes, given connections and circumstances we'll be positioned to keep Miles here.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Some food for thought

Top Draft Eligible Q Skaters in ES PPG
1. Timashov
2. Svechnikov
3. Meier
4. Trenin
5. Schweri

Top 5 QMJHL skaters in ES Goals/Game:
1. Garland
2. Ehlers
3. Micheli
4. Timashov
5. Svechnikov

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Conte should buy his son a Rosetta Stone Learn Russian cd pack and a plane ticket to Moscow.

If he really uncovered Miles Wood maybe he can replace our presumed inactive Russian scout

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
They don't draft enough euros to make that judgement.

From 2006-2014 they've drafted 50 players playing in NA.
Same time period they've drafted 9 players playing in Europe.

There are a lot of good euros in this draft. That's why it's so deep - good NA pool and good euro pool. I could name a half dozen 2nd round or later euros I'd be very happy with.

Some food for thought

Trenin is interesting. Big, reasonably skilled player that doesn't mind going to the dirty areas and has a knack for putting up points. We could do much worse.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I think my top picks for us are:

Marner
White (if he slips to 2nd round)
Bracco
Dergachyev
Timashov

EDIT: And I think theres a solid chance we could get all of them.

And an equal chance we end up with none of them :laugh:

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
If we get any combination of Marner/Barzal/Bracco/Dergachyov/Boeser/Sprong in our first 3 picks of this draft, I will be extremely satisfied.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad