Confirmed with Link: That's Dr. Eric Tulsky: New GM to You!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Not really. I wouldn’t say Dundon or many owners are nerds. Probably the opposite which is what allows them to swindle poor people for billions.
Well if you take the Canes colored glasses off, all you have to do is look at the newest owner Ryan Smith....founded Qualtrics. Steve Ballmer owns the LA Clippers. Ted Leonsis made his cash at AOL. Henry Samueli, owner of the Anaheim Ducks was a co-founder of Broadcom. Mark Cuban made his dough in Broadcast.com. Even James Dolan's father of Ranger fame started HBO and Cablevision.

So maybe not the nerdiest nerds, but still, I think it follows the logic....plus I was just having some fun.

Reactions: SlavinAway

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I've got a good feeling Tulsky will keep the success of this team going for a long time. Overall I'm still a believer in the philosophy of this management team and I imagine Tulsky maintains that and maybe makes it even better. Your best chance of winning a cup is to just keep making the playoffs and giving your chance at least a shot at winning it every year.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
One thing that will change: Unlike Waddell, Tulsky won’t have to manage the business side of the franchise. The Hurricanes will be hiring for that. His focus will solely be on hockey. But he will not be alone.

Honestly, this seems like a really smart move. Let the GM worry about building a great team on the ice, and hire someone else to deal with everything off it. Makes you wonder why the GM usually deals with that as well.

he grew up a Flyers fan in Philadelphia

GM grew up a Flyers fan. Head coach is a Flyers legend that the fans wish was never traded away. My goodness, the Canes stole the soul right out of Broad Street.

“We have 15 scouts on staff, and they don’t need me to be a 16th scout,” Tulsky said. “They need me to help put them in positions to be effective and to make the best use of the information they provide. I think my background makes me really well suited to doing that.”

I like this. Let the scouts be the scouting experts. Let the managers manage. Trust the people you hired to do their job to be capable enough to do it without you overriding them.

baconandbread

Oct 30, 2019
This quote really caught my attention:

Finding ways to get better: “One of the toughest things for us building the roster is we have a very deep team. I think every player on our roster is good. And I mean that genuinely, not the way that you say you love all your kids equally. It’s hard to improve on good players. So we’ve done a good job of building a roster that makes it hard for me to do my job of making it better. But that is my job now.”

I agree with this...we just seem to be missing a game breaker (like Tkachuk for Florida) that can take it to the next level come playoff time. To me Aho is the most likely on our current roster.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
This quote really caught my attention:

Finding ways to get better: “One of the toughest things for us building the roster is we have a very deep team. I think every player on our roster is good. And I mean that genuinely, not the way that you say you love all your kids equally. It’s hard to improve on good players. So we’ve done a good job of building a roster that makes it hard for me to do my job of making it better. But that is my job now.”

I agree with this...we just seem to be missing a game breaker (like Tkachuk for Florida) that can take it to the next level come playoff time. To me Aho is the most likely on our current roster.
Agreed on Aho. Also Jarvis, I could see him have just an elite playoffs, kid is a gamer.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Agreed on Aho. Also Jarvis, I could see him have just an elite playoffs, kid is a gamer.
Jarvis is the real deal. Assuming he stays healthy, he's going to be a star in this league. The fact he did what he did this year on only one arm because of his shoulder issues is insane.

I agree that Aho is probably our Alpha right now. And as an organizational leader, I want him to take over being the face of the franchise and Captain sooner rather than later. Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate Jordo, but Aho has that absolute hatred of losing that you want in a Captain, and I want that guy setting the tone for the entire team going forward. Keeping it calm and collected has its merits, but give me an entire team that plays like Angry Aho for an entire playoff run and we'll have what it takes to take that next step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad