Rumor: Teams connected to Faulk: CHI, DET, EDM, and TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
At similar stages in their careers, yes I am.

RNH first 3 seasons: 132 points in 182 games

Nylander first 3 seasons: 135 points in 185 games

RNH played centre exclusively, Nylander plays wing.

Now RNH never took a step offensively, rather focusing on his two way game, and I bet Nylander will likely put up better offensive numbers riding shotgun for Matthews or Nylander instead of the crap wingers RNH has been stuck with lately, but expecting either player for a declining asset like Faulk is absurd.
but right now they sure as heck arent

and nylander has back to back 60 point seasons something nuge has never done, not when he was more of a focal point on the team or riding shotgun now. nylander also is playing 16 and a half mins and put up those numbers, nuge played anywhere from 17 and half to 20 and half mins a game.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
but right now they sure as heck arent

and nylander has back to back 60 point seasons something nuge has never done, not when he was more of a focal point on the team or riding shotgun now. nylander also is playing 16 and a half mins and put up those numbers, nuge played anywhere from 17 and half to 20 and half mins a game.

Sure, Nylander is worth more now, but players do stall. At 20 RNH had massive value. Maybe this is as good as Nylander gets.

Point is Faulk doesn’t fetch either player. Or even close.

Reactions: ujju2

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What does the RNH of 3-4 years ago have to do with anything? Is there a difference in value between the RNH of now and Nylander?

I do want to point out that the only poster to really suggest Faulk for Nylander also suggested Faulk for Draisaitl and Hanifin for Matthews. His trolling is different than what the majority expects in terms of a return. Whether we outwardly admit or not, I think we know that the market is not conducive to a hockey trade involving Faulk. He’s likely to be traded for a collection of lesser assets now or later.

That’s fair, his opinion does seem to be the extreme outlier. Every fan base has ‘that guy’.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Faulk for Kap + 1st + ? (Carrick, 2nd, other mid tier asset of Carolina’s choice outside Liljegren and sandin)

Former Referee 68

Aug 18, 2016
Canada
I'm blown away by how Oilers fans are propping up RNH, making it seem like the value between these 2 players is so tilted in their favor. The value is actually closer than some may want to admit. RNH isn't as valuable as people like to think

You need to stay up past your bedtime and actually watch him play

Reactions: ujju2

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Well that’s good then, because over the course of his career he’s a 56 point centre on average over 82 games with a well rounded two way game. He’s a better and more valuable player and it’s not close.

That may be true, but if you're going to be using "points per 82 games played", you have to include the fact that RNH has played exactly one 82 game season. So if you want to talk about actual production, his production would be "points per 82 games played" X "% of 82 game season played". That paints a bit of a different picture as a 47.5 point per season player (based on historical % of actual games played).

Look I like RNH a lot as a piece for the Canes and I doubt that a deal involving Faulk and RNH gets done. But the values considering all factors (RNH's fragility and Faulk's inconsistent defense, for example) are probably closer in GMs eyes. RNH has the potential of putting up a significant jump in points should he play primarily w/CMcD. Faulk, just as likely, rebounds on the scoring front (he shot at a 3.8% clip, significantly below his historic shooting %). This discussion 6 months from now is probably similar in tenor, but from a more positive outlook from both sides.

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
Why not this:

Detroit gets:
Faulk
4th

Carolina gets:
Nyquist
E. Svechnikov
A defenseman that DET doesn't need, and a late pick, for a Top-6 forward and one of their best prospects..?

Lmfao. No.

Nyquist and Faulk are basically a wash, so you're proposing a 4th for Svechnikov, and that is a complete joke.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
A defenseman that DET doesn't need, and a late pick, for a Top-6 forward and one of their best prospects..?

Lmfao. No.

Nyquist and Faulk are basically a wash, so you're proposing a 4th for Svechnikov, and that is a complete joke.

Svechnikov is not a top prospect lmao

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Well, Skinner got Cliff Pu, a 2nd, a 3rd and a 6th, which honestly isn't a lot for a guy who has never scored below 20g pace, usually 28+, and is just 2 years removed from a career high 37 goals. People will point to injuries being a factor in the return, but Jeff Skinner, while he did have problems early on has been very healthy of late only missing 3 games in the last 3 seasons, and only 8 in the last 4.

While they aren't at all comparable players, they were both traded by the same GM, and it's pretty easy to call Skinner the well more valuable of the two assets.

Given all that, I think Faulk should get a B prospect, 2nd round pick and maybe a mid-late pick sweetener.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
There is no world where I include a 1st in a deal for Faulk. Buffalo didn't even give Carolina a 1st for Skinner and they had 3 of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad