Team Fitness

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I've been away for more than a mobth so forgive me id this has been discussed. Pmo seemed to imply that team fitness is somethig that needs to be adressed. I seem to recall that several players mentioned the same thing in the offseason before the season started, and everyone was buying in to a new fitness regime, including Buff. It seemed to be a talking point and Buff's weight loss made him the posterchild of the new "committed to fitness" team.

I went to PMo's first practice after Noel's firing. It was all skating and passing. High speed skating and passing at the same time. It was followed by a 30ish minute bag skate. We blitzed Pheonix the 1st post Noel game in probably the best game I saw us play this year.

Skip to the end of the season. PMo bag skates the team the day before a back to back which the press picks up on as fitness is a weakness of the team. Despite the bagskate we win both games. Anyone else find this interesting?

And what happened to all that preseason talk about being a fitter team this season? Just makes me go Hmmmm

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Meh Correlation =/= Causation

Teams can always be more fit. I view it as a little bit of a talking point. I think its more about committing to the process of hard work than actually gassing.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I think all teams could be in better shape.

PMo always talks about speed and how our team excels at it. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to improve this advantage.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I think all teams could be in better shape.

PMo always talks about speed and how our team excels at it. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to improve this advantage.

He stated a few days ago that he's looking to increase team fitness, so they can play that up-tempo, fast paced game he wants them to play. The Jets are relatively young, have lots of size up front, and can skate really well. A lack of conditioning can really stomp on those attributes, and I believe that it was reflected strongly in their B2B record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad