Team Board Mock Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Team Board Mock Draft

• Dominik Badinka, D, Malmo (SHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrew Basha, F, Medicine Hat (WHL)

• Cole Beaudoin, C, Barrie (OHL)

• Igor Chernyshov, LW, Dynamo Moscow (KHL)

• Charlie Elick, D, Brandon (WHL)

• Alfons Freij, D, Vaxjo (SWE)

• Cole Hutson, D, Boston University (NCAA)

• Maxim Massé, RW, Chicoutimi (QMJHL)

• Henry Mews, D, Ottawa (OHL)

• Julius Miettinen, C/W, Everett (WHL)

• Tarik Parascak, RW, Prince George (WHL)

• Ryder Ritchie, F, Prince Albert (WHL)

• Yegor Surin, C/RW, Loko Yaroslavl (KHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of 1 day polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.*

*not polling for #1 since we know who it will be and Sharks fans get to vote on their other 1st

Please Only Vote if you are a Preds fan.

Links to the individual threads on the player names.

Mother Thread on Prospect Board

1. :sharks Macklin Celebrini, c, Boston University (NCAA)

2. :hawks
Ivan Demidov, RW/C, SKA (KHL)

3. :ducksArtyom Levshunov, D, Michigan State (NCAA)

4. :cbjCayden Lindstrom, C, Medicine Hat (WHL)

5. :habsTij Iginla, F, Kelowna (WHL)

1715536931391.png

Zeev Buium, D, Denver (NCAA)

7. :sens
Anton Silayev, D, Torpedo Nizhny Novogorod (KHL)

8. :seattle Sam Dickinson, D, London (OHL)

9.:flames
Berkly Catton, F, Spokane (WHL)

10. :devilsMichael Brandsegg-Nygard, F, Mora IK (SWE)

11. :sabresKonsta Helenius, C/RW Jukurit (Liiga)

12. :flyersZanye Parekh, D, Saginaw (OHL)

13. :wildCarter Yakemchuk, D, Calgary (WHL)

14. :sharksBeckett Sennecke, RW, Oshawa (OHL)

15. :wingsCole Eiserman, LW, Boston University (NCAA)

16. :bluesMichael Hage, C, Michigan (NCAA)

17. :capsStian Solberg, D, Farjestad (SHL)

18. :hawksAdam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Cze)

19.:vegasAron Kiviharju, D, HIFK (Liiga)

20. :isles Trevor Connelly, LW, Providence (NCAA)

21. :kings
EJ Emery, D, North Dakota (NCAA)

22. :nashville ??????

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Lots of options. Maybe Greentree would be the guy for "consensus" ranking, but of course with our fixation on needing centers - and IMO also bigger D - I wonder if we can pass over the options available there?

I am leaning Charlie Elick, actually.

I see Boisvert, Luchanko, and Beaudoin as potential centers (not sure they all will be as NHLers however).

Let's see if one of you prospect gurus can sway me away from Elick before I cast my vote... :dunno:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Luchanko.
Will he be a winger along the lines of a Tomasino? Speedy smallish winger, maybe uses his speed better on the forecheck than Tomasio, perhaps more of a cross between Foudy and Tomasino, which is not necessarily the kind of prospect our organization gets the best out of? :dunno:

What about Boisvert?

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I like Elick as he fits a need for a bigger RHD, which we've been searching for since sending PK to NJ.

Miettinen has a big frame and is an efficient scorer and two-way player. Still has to develop physically, but he's intriguing.

Luchanko sounds like a natural fit for the gegenpresse scheme, but you have to wonder if he isn't too much of a scorer, but a couple notches below generational freak, for us to ever figure out how to use him.

Last edited:

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Fair points about Luchanko but I'm still going him at this spot.

I really liked what I saw from him at the U18's and supposedly by looking at raw data he had a tremendous year in the OHL as well. Led the team in scoring as a 17-year-old.

Speedy, responsible center who has a high hockey IQ. I think when you combine great skating ability with the smarts that he also has, you should have yourself a pretty good player.

Reactions: Kat Predator

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
It's probably not rational to be scared to draft a good prospect just because he feels like the kind of prospect our team tends to fail at developing historically. That said, I also do see him as a 5'11/180 winger more than a center as a pro. At this point in the draft, the rankings are quite scattered, so it's not alarming to see some services ranking him in the 30s or even 40s moreso than at #22. Elite Prospects has him at #39. (Which is right where they had Tanner Molendyk ranked last year too fwiw - and that pick turned out great). Anyway, it's not about rankings for me, it's more that I'm just scared about how our track record has been on guys who are kind of middle-6 forwards, and how projectable that kind of player is into our current prospect mix. :dunno:

I haven't seen any of these guys, just to be clear.
:GWC:

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
It's probably not rational to be scared to draft a good prospect just because he feels like the kind of prospect our team tends to fail at developing historically. That said, I also do see him as a 5'11/180 winger more than a center as a pro. At this point in the draft, the rankings are quite scattered, so it's not alarming to see some services ranking him in the 30s or even 40s moreso than at #22. Elite Prospects has him at #39. (Which is right where they had Tanner Molendyk ranked last year too fwiw - and that pick turned out great). Anyway, it's not about rankings for me, it's more that I'm just scared about how our track record has been on guys who are kind of middle-6 forwards, and how projectable that kind of player is into our current prospect mix. :dunno:

I haven't seen any of these guys, just to be clear.
:GWC:
Yeah, Luchanko could very well be a hybrid between a center and a winger. Kind of like Mercer is in NJD. Similar player profiles as well.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, Luchanko could very well be a hybrid between a center and a winger. Kind of like Mercer is in NJD. Similar player profiles as well.
It does sound like he has a thick build and is very strong also, based on all the combine chatter. So maybe he plays more like a 5'11/200 guy, which is no longer "smallish" at all. Flip side one wonders how effective he'll be in the pros when his speed and strength aren't as much of an advantage as they are now in junior.

It sounds like this draft is going to be pretty wide open around where we're picking anyway. Crazy to think it's only 2 weeks away now! I don't know if it's just me, or the late SCF, or what... but it feels like there has been a lot less focus on the draft this year than any other one I can remember. :dunno:

Reactions: Scoresberg

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
It does sound like he has a thick build and is very strong also, based on all the combine chatter. So maybe he plays more like a 5'11/200 guy, which is no longer "smallish" at all. Flip side one wonders how effective he'll be in the pros when his speed and strength aren't as much of an advantage as they are now in junior.

It sounds like this draft is going to be pretty wide open around where we're picking anyway. Crazy to think it's only 2 weeks away now! I don't know if it's just me, or the late SCF, or what... but it feels like there has been a lot less focus on the draft this year than any other one I can remember. :dunno:
Agreed. May be because last draft was so strong compared to this years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad