Team Board Mock Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will the... someone wake up Lou.

• Nikita Artamonov, RW/LW, Loko Yaroslavl (KHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dominik Badinka, D, Malmo (SHL)

• Andrew Basha, F, Medicine Hat (WHL)

• Cole Beaudoin, C, Barrie (OHL)

• Charlie Elick, D, Brandon (WHL)

• EJ Emery, D, North Dakota (NCAA)

• Cole Hutson, D, Boston University (NCAA)

• Henry Mews, D, Ottawa (OHL)

• Tarik Parascak, RW, Prince George (WHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of 1 day polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.*

*not polling for #1 since we know who it will be and Sharks fans get to vote on their other 1st

Please Only Vote if you are a Isles fan.

Links to the individual threads on the player names.

Mother Thread on Prospect Board

1. :sharks Macklin Celebrini, c, Boston University (NCAA)

2. :hawks
Ivan Demidov, RW/C, SKA (KHL)

3. :ducksArtyom Levshunov, D, Michigan State (NCAA)

4. :cbjCayden Lindstrom, C, Medicine Hat (WHL)

5. :habsTij Iginla, F, Kelowna (WHL)

1715536931391.png

Zeev Buium, D, Denver (NCAA)

7. :sens
Anton Silayev, D, Torpedo Nizhny Novogorod (KHL)

8. :seattle Sam Dickinson, D, London (OHL)

9.:flames
Berkly Catton, F, Spokane (WHL)

10. :devilsMichael Brandsegg-Nygard, F, Mora IK (SWE)

11. :sabresKonsta Helenius, C/RW Jukurit (Liiga)

12. :flyersZanye Parekh, D, Saginaw (OHL)

13. :wildCarter Yakemchuk, D, Calgary (WHL)

14. :sharksBeckett Sennecke, RW, Oshawa (OHL)

15. :wingsCole Eiserman, LW, Boston University (NCAA)

16. :bluesMichael Hage, C, Michigan (NCAA)

17. :capsStian Solberg, D, Farjestad (SHL)

18. :hawksAdam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Cze)

19.:vegasAron Kiviharju, D, HIFK (Liiga)

20. :isles?????

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
This one is Greentree every day of the week. If you can get a pick with this high of a floor at 20 it's a no brainer. I don't think this run on defenders will happen.

Greentree isn't an explosive skater, but he's 6'3 200+ and has puck protection, hockey sense, and can really shoot. And his teammates seem to like him. Unlike MDC (I realize one could make the comparison bc of size, and profile), you can't say he's doing it on a good team.

Reactions: scott99

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Im hoping when we pick Hage is available along with Boisvert.

Right now I see it between Boisvert and Greentree.

it kills me because I love Boisvert and we need Centers but I have Greentree top15 talent and I can’t pass him up here.

Greentree for me.

Reactions: saintunspecified

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
In the age of social media we are going to see way more cases like Connelly. Now I am not saying he is changed but I will always say the following for the various amount of incidents that happen surrounding these kids:

As someone in education kids do dumb shit. Kids do dumb shit that educators do not even contact home for because we would just be contacting 95% of parents. I have seen MUCH worse than a kid take a picture of a Nazi symbol in what looked like a school likely being egged on from those around him in the early portion of high school. I would not be surprised if he genuinely did not know the full circumstances/just was being a typical kid and doing shit and not thinking. It does not mean there should not be consequences for his actions but I do question situations like this. I for sure would never want my employer to know about mistakes I made in high school that is for sure. Parents in general have absolutely no idea what their children are doing on their phones and this goes for 99%. You get a case like Connelly where he has a shot at the NHL and I truly believe this will be VERY common in the coming years. Please have some sort of idea what your kids are doing on their phones folks.

He has helped coach children from non traditional hockey markets and this does not seem like a Mitchell Miller situation unless I am missing something. I think if Lou believes in his character I am absolutely fine with the pick. If Lou does not believe in the character then you move on and take him off the draft board. I have not been enamored with Lou this past year but I do trust him to vet a guy on his character.

If Connelly is not the selection here I would not mind Basha as well. I think he has some sweet talent and honestly the eye test for me personally I actually like Basha more than Connelly.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
In the age of social media we are going to see way more cases like Connelly. Now I am not saying he is changed but I will always say the following for the various amount of incidents that happen surrounding these kids:

As someone in education kids do dumb shit. Kids do dumb shit that educators do not even contact home for because we would just be contacting 95% of parents. I have seen MUCH worse than a kid take a picture of a Nazi symbol in what looked like a school likely being egged on from those around him in the early portion of high school. I would not be surprised if he genuinely did not know the full circumstances/just was being a typical kid and doing shit and not thinking. It does not mean there should not be consequences for his actions but I do question situations like this. I for sure would never want my employer to know about mistakes I made in high school that is for sure. Parents in general have absolutely no idea what their children are doing on their phones and this goes for 99%. You get a case like Connelly where he has a shot at the NHL and I truly believe this will be VERY common in the coming years. Please have some sort of idea what your kids are doing on their phones folks.

He has helped coach children from non traditional hockey markets and this does not seem like a Mitchell Miller situation unless I am missing something. I think if Lou believes in his character I am absolutely fine with the pick. If Lou does not believe in the character then you move on and take him off the draft board. I have not been enamored with Lou this past year but I do trust him to vet a guy on his character.

If Connelly is not the selection here I would not mind Basha as well. I think he has some sweet talent and honestly the eye test for me personally I actually like Basha more than Connelly.
With you here, Connelly has the talent we badly need, hopefully he has grown up. Boisvert is my secondary if this is how the board falls.

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013

Agree with everything you said, including Basha. I’m a fan.

Bill Herlyn

Oct 18, 2017
Trevor Connelly would be my first choice with Jett Luchanko a close second. Chris Peters has Luchanko ranked 18th overall and Connelly 20th-right where we pick!

spfan

May 4, 2009
Need more skilled forwards. Greentree is BPA to me. But Connelly is very close.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
No one should write off an 18 year old kid, but when that kid is the only one of out of hundreds eligible for the 2024 NHL Draft to post a photo of himself with a swastika, no one should ignore it either.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
No one should write off an 18 year old kid, but when that kid is the only one of out of hundreds eligible for the 2024 NHL Draft to post a photo of himself with a swastika, no one should ignore it either.
Kids do stupid things and deserve a 2nd chance but I agree. Thats not something to take lightly. I’d have to meet with him and really get a sense that he’s contrite and understands the magnitude of what he did. I still wouldn’t spend a first round pick on him though. I’m picking that high. You have to use every bit of information you have to make the right choice and not miss.

scott99

May 13, 2005
This one is Greentree every day of the week. If you can get a pick with this high of a floor at 20 it's a no brainer. I don't think this run on defenders will happen.

Greentree isn't an explosive skater, but he's 6'3 200+ and has puck protection, hockey sense, and can really shoot. And his teammates seem to like him. Unlike MDC (I realize one could make the comparison bc of size, and profile), you can't say he's doing it on a good team.
Greentree is a good skater. Better than say Boisvert or Hage.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Not sure how much you guys read but, it is funny that some media outlets make adjustments to their predictions based on an aggregate of the other media outlets mock drafts.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
Just going by what I've read about these players, I hope it's Connelly. More than anything, they need players who can quickly get up the ice, which puts him over the top for me. I like Greentree, but I think he lacks juice.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Lou ain’t picking Connelly. Whatever team picks him, good luck, impending PR mess is coming your way. That team also 100% runs the risk of forfeiting their selection due to such an mess.

There’s a LOT of Lance Armstrong type behavior with Connelly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad